The Home Depot Reviews in Hawaiian Islands | Glassdoor

Craig Menear

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Kapolei, HI

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their wages are competitive and the company has many incentives to get ahead in the company

Cons

I think there is a lot of favoritism in the company. So sometimes it's not what you know but, who you know.

Advice to Management

See your employees for what they are able to do and how well they do it. Don't base your opinions on who you know.

The Home Depot2019-04-24

"Needs Management Overhaul"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Honolulu, HI

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Decent Benefits

Cons

Managers have so much paperwork that they do not have time to properly manage their department.

The Home Depot2018-09-12
  3. "Sales Assoc"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kapolei, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Typical Box store hire most anyone who can pass drug test

Cons

Hard to find qualified people

Advice to Management

Pay more

The Home Depot2018-05-07
  4. "Freight Associate Review"

Current Employee - Freight Team Associate in Pearl City, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits at the Home Depot are good we have no store discounts but the fact of the homer fund for Associates worldwide is worth making a small donation every check.

Cons

The changes between shifts sometimes leave you wondering what the other associates did prior to you coming. Freight is a great team but your constantly cleaning up after someone else’s mess or mistakes.

Advice to Management

Raises should be earned and not just given. Recognize the outstanding worker more often especially freight and receiving, they drives sales the most and take on jobs others won’t. They really work hard and never have a night home with their families like day or closing Associates.

The Home Depot2018-03-08
  5. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kapolei, HI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great benefits. Lot of friendly associates. Give lots of recognition.

Cons

They say they try to take care of their employees but there's too much management there.

Advice to Management

Get on one page with everything. Get more organized. Take care of your employees better. They try to do their best.

The Home Depot2017-11-08
  6. "difficult to get full time."

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Honolulu, HI

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

busy store. the day goes by fast.

Cons

too many bosses, not enough workers

Advice to Management

Management has gotten so trivial on small issues. That they miss the bigger issues. A lot of good hard working people are not there anymore.

The Home Depot2017-03-10
  7. "Paint Dept. Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Paint Department in Pearl City, HI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Helpful co workers, Good training, and fair pay for the work.

Cons

Company policy empowers unpleasant customers to take advantage of co workers time and work ethic in a negative matter.

The Home Depot2016-10-14

"They are great so far."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great moral and training materials. Comprehensive. Everyone is really nice so far. Very computer/ smart phone oriented.

Cons

The hours are minimal; it looks like they only hire part-time yet they expect open availability; also you cannot work for their competitors. You cannot work in the same field pretty much. So they expect your loyalness while only giving you 23 hours a week.

Advice to Management

I know a lot of companies do the same thing... home Depot should make more people fulltime hires. I live you guys and want to be there all the time 😄

The Home Depot2016-04-17
  9. "Home Depot paid me to learn this trade. A great benefit!!"

Current Employee - Kitchen and Bath Designer in Kapolei, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Overall this is a good company to work for. Good benefits and good work environment. I have been here for 12 years and have seen the company grow in all areas, especially in its stock prices. I also feel like the company provides good recourse for their employees and provides many good programs for them. Medical premiums are affordable for individuals and 401K plans are good for those who make this a long-term job. Promotions...

Cons

Homer badges should be eliminated. It creates disappointment for some while honoring others. It seems like these are given to some for them basically just doing their job. Perhaps the program could be revised to give it to those who obviously go ABOVE & BEYOND the call of duty. (Although I think this is how the program is suppose to work) Maybe management should be re-trained or the entire program eliminated.

Advice to Management

I have been here for 12 years and have worked under many different managers and supervisors. I have observed the different management styles of each one and I have observed this: Some managers rule by using fear tactics while others rule by using the respect factor. I have no respect for those who use the fear tactic but a high-level of respect for those who use the respect factor. I will do anything for my manager who...

The Home Depot2016-01-01

"Great place to work but success sharing is a joke"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Employee morale is high. There is a spirit of camaraderie unlike other places I have worked. Employees routinely go out of their way not only to assist customers but other employees as well, when needed. Good benefits, especially for part time workers.

Cons

Trying to adjust to constantly changing shift schedules can cause problems for some employees. Employee turnover is high and good employees tend to leave just as they become knowledgeable about their area.

Advice to Management

The Honolulu store is consistently one of the best performing stores in the chain they must be doing something right. But employees do not receive significant recognition in the form of success sharing because sales plan goals are set unrealistically high. Recent success sharing amounts paid to employees was a joke considering how much this store makes for the company. It is well known that there is a high correlation...

The Home Depot2015-10-14