The Home Depot Reviews in Hawthorne, NY | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
  1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Hawthorne, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Home Depot is a great place to work. Every day when I get to work I am greeted by colleagues with high fives and fist bumps. It's also great to see a customer that comes into the store that you have helped before that wants to show you how well their project turned out. Another thing I love about the Home Depot is that the company is committed to helping veterans that served us through community service projects. ... There are great benefits even for part-time employees. For part-time is tuition assistance, paid vacation and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in a 401k, vision and dental plans. We are also offered free flu shots and Home Depot stock at 15% off. The Home Depot also has great bonuses for its employees. Twice a year we receive a success sharing check that is based on the performance of our store compared to its plan. We also receive Homer Awards. Homer Awards are awards that are given to associates that do an excellent job of providing customer service or living our other company values.

Cons

There are cons but not that many. One of the cons is that we do not receive an employee discount. For most people, the other benefits offered outway that con. Another con is that some of the management is not all that great at their jobs. But if you have good managers than you are all set.

The Home Depot2017-11-20

"Run away as fast as you can and go to Lowe’s instead"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hawthorne, NY

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are usually great, it’s like a (very poor) family

Cons

The pay is horrific for what you are expected to do. You get paid minimum wage but expected to give expert advice on products and services You are severely under-appreciated Management tells you how much the store is making as motivation, yet the profit-sharing checks are, on average, $200 per year Raises, if you are an exceptional employee, are 50 cents per year, but I have seen co-workers get nothing

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a living wage. Stop using the excuse „but we pay good for retail,“ you just bought back $15 billion worth of stock shares, PAY YOUR PEOPLE, you obviously have the money!!!!

The Home Depot2018-07-08
  3. "pretty good job"

Former Contractor - MET in Hawthorne, NY

I worked at The Home Depot for more than a year

Pros

you get what you put into it.

Cons

i have nothing bad to say about this job

The Home Depot2018-03-15
  4. "It was a very good exoperience I learned alot everyday and was eager to learn more about everything"

Former Employee - Merchandise Execution Associate in Hawthorne, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The early hours team work

Cons

not very well managed. You have to be self taught at some things

The Home Depot2014-05-31

The Home Depot Response

June 4, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Did you know we offer a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring programs and promotion opportunities to associates at all levels of the company? To learn more, visit the “Developing Potential” page on our careers website.

Found 4 reviews