The Home Depot Knowledge Reviews | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 448 reviews)

• Part time hours need full time job (in 806 reviews)

"Hard working, punctual, innovative, intelligent people with initiative need not apply"

Former Contractor - Knowledge Analyst L1 in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Knowledge Analyst L1 in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little or no incentive to go above and beyond
    Large desk area
    Good exercise walking from parking lot if you come in after 9ish
    Air Conditioned call center
    Excellent cleaning staff
    Sub-par work not a barrier to full time employment
    Very little technical knowledge of computers is needed
    Significant pay raise when hired on full time

Cons

Must interview for every new position
    Interviews to become full time are exceedingly impersonal
    Desks are not assigned; the desk (and profile) you set up yesterday may not be the same today
    Workload can vary significantly depending on shift and queue you are assigned (avoid ESVS!)
    Interactive feedback is negligible

Advice to Management

Please let the people that will never be hired on full time know this early so they can be looking for another job and not waste years of their lives grasping at a false hope.

2. "Prison orange"

Former Employee - Project Knowledge Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA
    Former Employee - Project Knowledge Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good thing that came out of my five year serve at this place, was that I came across some sweet people who truly worked hard to provide for their families.

Cons

If only higher management would have been half as knowledgeable as the regular associates, I may still be there. Unfortunately (and I don't mean the Department heads,who work hard and deserve a bigger paycheck) I can only name a a few managers who were great: Mike, Clay, Tina....wow! 3 outta 5 whole years.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training....less favorites....more training. If you're going to be the head of a store, do your damn homework. As for Robert Freeman... Your frustration with God knows what took its toll on me as well as many customers. It was a daily routine to hear a customer who was insulted by you. Remember the newly purchased stove that burst into flames? You insisted the customers keep the stove and repair it. Luckily Buck (store manager at the time) allowed them to replace it.
       Robert, you have a bad attitude and you're rude with everyone. You're also very forgetful. You lie and take down people if it saves your own hide. Maybe THD won't care about the associates, but I'm pretty sure they don't want the customers to be treated like crap. Lowe's is just down the street.