The Home Depot Knowledge Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • learn a lot of different skills and trades that help in the real world (in 208 reviews)

• Benefits for part-time employees (in 763 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance is usually unbalanced (in 479 reviews)

• Hard to get into a full time job (in 870 reviews)

1. "Prison orange"

Former Employee - Project Knowledge Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA
    Former Employee - Project Knowledge Specialist in Pico Rivera, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good thing that came out of my five year serve at this place, was that I came across some sweet people who truly worked hard to provide for their families.

Cons

If only higher management would have been half as knowledgeable as the regular associates, I may still be there. Unfortunately (and I don't mean the Department heads,who work hard and deserve a bigger paycheck) I can only name a a few managers who were great: Mike, Clay, Tina....wow! 3 outta 5 whole years.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training....less favorites....more training. If you're going to be the head of a store, do your damn homework. As for Robert Freeman... Your frustration with God knows what took its toll on me as well as many customers. It was a daily routine to hear a customer who was insulted by you. Remember the newly purchased stove that burst into flames? You insisted the customers keep the stove and repair it. Luckily Buck (store manager at the time) allowed them to replace it.
       Robert, you have a bad attitude and you're rude with everyone. You're also very forgetful. You lie and take down people if it saves your own hide. Maybe THD won't care about the associates, but I'm pretty sure they don't want the customers to be treated like crap. Lowe's is just down the street.