The Home Depot Lead Generator Reviews | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
  1. "Awful position"

Former Employee - Lead Generator in

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

profit sharing nice people room to grow if the right management is there gain lots of product knowledge Retail experience

Cons

lead generator job is awful MET team can create as many problems as they fix dumb associates management can be poor

The Home Depot2012-10-23
  2. "Lead generator sucks"

Current Employee - Lead Generator in

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

if you are a lead gen the pros are you are left to do what you want when you go in to work (this is also my con). Example you go to wok and don't feel like dealing with customers so you are free to work on signs but there is only so long you can do that for and that will interfere with getting your quota of leads. Ifyou work PT you will still get benefits.

Cons

there is no structure you will go in to work there is no one to tell you what or how to get leads, you have a quota to meet. This job is not for shy people. You will need to approach (A LOT) of people about HDs installation programs and 9 times out of 10 you will get a response similar to "go away" "leave me alone" "not interested" or some times even much more rude then that. This job is frustrating because its not... just getting leads you also have to push credit cards and meet a quota of credit card sign ups as well... I have a personal dilemma with that because the economy is in this rut because of credit I hate credit cards! another thing if you don't get direct deposit you get this credit card thing that has all kinds of fees. CHARGING YOU for anything example you use this citi bank card and want to know how much is in your account they charge you for that ! I hate this job and am quitting today. Seems that citi bank got its claws in to this company so some one at the top must be getting paid well!!

Advice to Management

this job needs to pay a lot more then 12$ i might consider this job for 18$ or give a commission! especially since this job produces leads that are thousands of dollars. seems not fair to produce numerous lead consistantly every month that go through for $7,000-$25,000 and make a mere 12 dollars an hour

The Home Depot2012-10-24
  3. "Busy and usually fun."

Lead Generator in

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

My job is flexible in that I move about the store and tackle my tasks as I see fit. I have freedom to be creative and have been successful.

Cons

I work every weekend Fri - thru Mon and could use help. I also want FT hours.

Advice to Management

Communications could use some improvement. I am PT but also only lead generator but am not in meetings. I think they forget that info is not disseminated to me through corp and they need to fill me in more.

The Home Depot2011-07-06
  4. "great position to get notice, can get thrown into a lot of departments"

Lead Generator in

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

It"s a great atmosphere, the coworkers are more like family, year by year. They are great when it comes to taking care of their associates, they pay decenty, better than minimum wage, and are really supporting of giving time off to those who are ill, or in the military.

Cons

You will work hard, which isn't bad, unless they're overstaffed and are on a hiring freeze. They more people leave, the harder you are expected to work until it gets to the point of it being really unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Love this company, but you can only overwork us so much, until we get discouraged.

The Home Depot2010-10-07