The Home Depot Reviews in Menomonee Falls, WI | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"I was a part-time/student employee for 2 years"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

To be upfront, there's no good reason to work at the Home Depot, even as a part time employee; even the full-time employees look and act miserable! The scheduling is so "stuck", it seems as though you have to beg for adjustments, 2 months in advance.

If you truly need money in your pocket for the sake of extra income, especially if you're a student in school, then experience it for yourself.

Cons

I can't speak for all home depot (besides the way the company treats their employees), but while I was working at an acorn (small) store location:

-Gossip: It was TERRIBLE gossip; it was only magnified from my perspective, being mostly introverted.
    -Raises: When I quit, literally quit my job, the company decided to give me a $.30 raise...I'm not kidding.
    -Employee Reviews: This practically boiled down to how much butt kissing you did with your department manager. Again, me being introverted, I solely came to work to do my job; the customers gave me great compliments, and my task work was above what was required that day. Nevertheless, if management don't like you, it will show. I even heard the store manager talk to another employee about making a mistake of hiring me.
    -Safety & Maintenance: I have many, MANY experiences about the disregard of safety practices at The Home Depot, even though they "teach" you. When I followed safety protocol, I "moved too slow" or "you really don't have to do that."
    -Quality of Products: You easily become a used-car salesman...

Advice to Management

The store is overall terrible. The "triangle" of support isn't truly followed or taken seriously. The principles of the company has to change. There's this illusion of progress, even to those working full-time; they know they're stuck. Improve the working environment.

The Home Depot Response

Jan 9, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and... More

2. "Delivery Will Call Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going and people are friendly

Cons

Everyone is lazy because of low expectations.
    If you work hard you will be taken advantage of.

Showing 2 of 15,638 reviews