The Home Depot Reviews in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • learn a lot of different skills and trades that help in the real world (in 208 reviews)

• Benefits for part-time employees (in 763 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance is usually unbalanced (in 479 reviews)

• Hard to get into a full time job (in 870 reviews)

1. "Considerably more satisfying of a work environment than I ever expected"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They seem to really care about their employees, with many tools in place for employees to further their careers as well as education, and ways to deal with bad management, if you work hard and have a good attitude, a person seems to be able to go really far in this organization, easily the best retail job i have ever had.

Cons

difficult to get training done, as you are often put out to work before your training is done, the random schedules really suck, as does trying to get things done if you are having to work with people who dont really want to work.

Advice to Management

try to weed out the people who are just there to get a paycheck a little better, ideally, trying to motivate them with positive reinforcement, can be really helpful, just as a normal sales associate, ive helped completely turn around a few previously lazy associates, I think management could do an even better job of this, some are amazing at this, both friendly AND professional, while the main manager and those higher up, are not quite as good at it, and can even be a bit demoralizing at times.

The Home Depot Response

May 8, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are... More

2. "Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Milpitas, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

Can't think of any pros other than its a job. Some nice employees. Stock plan is pretty good. Its a job thats all.

Cons

Employees are not valued. Schedules are all over the place. Days off are not consecutive. If a manager doesn't like you they find a way to get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall on deaf ears. Corporate is so far out of touch with what's going on locally it's ridiculous.

Showing 2 of 17,615 reviews