The Home Depot Reviews in Missoula, MT | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.2
The Home Depot CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material(in 224 reviews)

• "Great benefits for part time work(in 813 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Fun job with fun people"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Missoula, MT

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work for them. Time off is easy to accrue if you are a full-time associate.

Cons

Management is not very proactive at all. It seems like they are constantly in fix-it mode and wait for things to go wrong in order to fix them. This leaves a constant feeling of too much to do.

Advice to Management

Management should spend more time talking to employees and not looking at numbers.

The Home Depot Response

September 16, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and innovative ways of serving our customers and improving the business.

"Low pay hard work"

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Missoula, MT

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people I worked with were great people.

Cons

Big box company that doesn't take care of the employees. Fire people that have been with them for years without blinking an eye... in missoula Mt anyway.

Advice to Management

Remember how little your employees get paid and you are asking them to work harder than you... trest them better than you treat yourself.

"Not how Home Depot used to be"

Former Employee - Paint, Garden, Lumber, Hardware, Cashier in Missoula, MT

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Decent pay starting out as a part time college student, I realized how important a college degree was and why I should earn mine. Learning about home improvement and different products from existing associates and being able to work in a busy environment understaffed.

Cons

I was employed for over three years while working on my undergrad during which I was interested in possibly moving up management wise after I graduated but saw how important a supportive upper management can result in a well functioning overall store. Unfortunately our supportive, fun, and accessible store manager moved on to another store and the new person only cared about cutting immediate costs which meant letting...

Advice to Management

Your employees are just as important as the customer, promote the ones who work hard and put their time in. Don't look at them as merely a number or a cost to cut they are the ones who interact directly with the customer and promote the company.

The Home Depot Response

October 15, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

Found 3 reviews