The Home Depot Reviews in New Brunswick, NJ | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 450 reviews)

• I wish my position was full time (in 811 reviews)

1. "Decent pay - and Great staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Pros

Decent pay - and Great staff

Cons

weekend / holidays longer hours very busy

"Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Loader/Garden Associate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Loader/Garden Associate in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's really nothing great about The Home Depot aside from the customer service and time management skills you will acquire.

Cons

I've never had a bad experience with management and, quite frankly, I am one of the hardest workers at my store. Therefore, this isn't a review about my personal experience–it's a review about the store I work at in general.

There's no sense of professionalism or organization where I work. The management will hire just about anyone, regardless of their experience, and pay them the bare minimum to bust their balls. New employees are given multiple training courses online, most of which are irrelevant to their specific position. Very quickly you will realize you aren't getting paid enough to do the immense amount of work that's required. One of the hardest front-end workers I know is being paid minimum wage, drives almost an hour to get to work, and the company practically spits on him. The overall attitude is "Do all of this for this amount of pay, or we'll find someone else to do it for less."

If you do plan to work here, you have to be full-time. Part-time employees receive little benefits and are only given 2 hours of sick time a month. To put that into perspective, you need to work every shift for 4 months to get a single day off. If you're sick, it's likely you'll be out 2-3 days consecutively so, realistically, you will need to work for at least 8 months before considering calling out if you want to get paid.

Overall, I do not recommend working here. Work for a business that cares about its employees and customers more than its income. The Home Depot is the epitome of unprofessional retail.

Advice to Management

Don't act like your employees are replaceable.

"Go elsewhere"

Current Employee - PASA in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - PASA in New Brunswick, NJ

Pros

Good company, policies,benefits
    good friends, great vacation

Cons

Pay, raises, performance perks
    you get promotions by being friends not working

Advice to Management

Reward people who work not friends.

The Home Depot Response

Jan 5, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are... More

Showing 3 of 16,231 reviews