The Home Depot Reviews in Oviedo, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Kitchen Designer"

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Conveniently located, nice co-workers & managers, learning something new daily, decent benefits.

Cons

It's very noisy. There is no quiet spot to meet with the customer. The job offers no commission. Understaffed.

Advice to Management

Pay the designers better & staff the department with more experienced people.

2. "Freight Team"

Former Employee - Freight Team Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Former Employee - Freight Team Associate in Oviedo, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours, great team to work with. Never had an issue with anyone. Manager was great listened to what we needed and made it happen.Great benefits if your full time

Cons

Low pay for overnight crew. Hired for part time told "no more then 25-30" hours a week, however I never worked less then 40. Not a huge issue however I would have liked to have known the truth.

Advice to Management

More pay for over night, they don't call us the "magic elves" for nothing. Without us you would be bankrupt.

3. "Great for a Part Time Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most customers are great and appreciate you if your knowledgeable about your department. Most of the people that work there in the story are friendly with each other. Tons of fun working in a hardware store.

Cons

A lot of employees complain about management, though I didn't see most of the issues. I think some people just want to complain about everything.

Advice to Management

I value the management team and how they approach both employees and customers. Good managers are out on the floor constantly and listening to us, so please keep that up.

"Garden Associate? More like, "Dirt Bag Lifter""

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free water to stay hydrated. 1-hour lunch breaks. The ability to wear comfortable clothes underneath the orange apron. Encourages you to shower daily since after work you'll need it.

Cons

This company likes to come on strong, but by day one they'll beat that spark out of you. No training, upper-management devolves any kind of work to new-hires, and hiring pat-time workers without giving them medical benefits AND giving them the most dangerous tasks? Unsupervised?? Christ, if I did anything the management does daily, I would have been fired right away!

This isn't saying The Home Depot is a bad place to shop, but its a nightmare being stuck outside in Florida heat for 6-hours, without a lunch break, and getting paid the same wage as a cashier working inside with the cold air-conditioning.

Advice to Management

If someone says they're great with customers and likes educating people, don't stick them with a job where they lift bags of mulch all day because your management is too lazy to help. Its 2015, you can't say "i'm a girl, i can't do manual labor! You're a guy, you love lifting heavy things" anymore.

The Home Depot Response

Jan 31, 2016 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core... More

5. "Turn and Burn"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Oviedo, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

sick days for part time employees, turkey on thanksgiving, occasional hot dogs

Cons

hot outside, annoying customers, lazy employees

Advice to Management

need to improve everything

Showing 5 of 15,654 reviews