The Home Depot Reviews in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 450 reviews)

• I wish my position was full time (in 811 reviews)

"Interesting (not in a good way"

Former Employee - Lot Asttendant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Lot Asttendant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I worked there, I was in charfe of keeping the plants waterd, which I enjoyed. Plus, the gentleman at the flooring department was kind to me and hated the management. Also, I noticed the lady in the gardening area started calling for me telling me that I always responded. (Made me feel good!)

Cons

Some employees are helpful and some aren't. I was a fairly new hire and a customer came up to me asking me about lighting. SInce I didn't know the answer, I told him to follow me. I spotted the guy workimg the lighting department. I asked if he could help the customer. "NO!!!" he barked "I"M ON BREAK!!!. I turned to apologize at the customer, but he was heading out. Who could blame hime after receiving that WONDERFUL welcome?
         Also, many times I've had customers asking me for things I didn't know about. I told them to stay put and I'll get someone to help them. 10 minutes later, I see the poor customer there in the same asile. I asked if they've been helped. Most of the time it would be a sad shake of the head..

Advice to Management

Instill in all associates thenotion that customer service is number 1, top drawer, front bruner in importance. What customer would want to hear a response like I lsted above? Also, do something about giving customers help when they need it. Maybe have 1 or 2 employees whose job is NOTHING but offer assistance to customers who need help. Most of the complaints I read say the same 8 words: You can't get help when you need it"

Showing 1 of 16,231 review