The Home Depot Reviews | Glassdoor

3,855 Ratings

15,172 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Place to Work/Retire"

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Bradenton, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Insurance Ever,Great Company,401K,Profit Sharing,Feels like you are working with your Family. Overall a Awesome Place to work.

Cons

Really didn't have any cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to listen to there employee's when there is a problem with someone in Management.

Feb 21, 2017 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and congratulations on your retirement! We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they’re respected and that their contributions are valued. Our... More

"Changed my opinion about retailing"

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Home Depot has a solid moral compass. They aren't about sacrificing their ethics for the sake of a sale, which I love. They also hire a diverse group of people and give a lot back to the community. They offer a lot of benefits and little treats for their employees. Although they push their associates to meet quota, they're realistic about what can and can't be accomplished.

Cons

Home Depot has two different sides to it. Store associates and those of us considered "store support" who are payed by the vendors but work in the stores 100% of the time. I constantly hear about how store associates are stressed out by management and their hours are being rearranged a lot, cut, and they often are stretched thin due to lack of full staffing. "Store support" associates who do merchandising have it better than those who work in specific departments. However, you never really gain knowledge unless you have the time to look things up and read packaging.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting associates based off of favoritism.

Jun 29, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking... More

3. "Amazing Company to Work For"

Former Employee - IPR Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IPR Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is phenomenal. There are tons of fun team outings. The environment is great.

Cons

No big downsides. They cold probably pay a little more.

4. "Assistant store manager"

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Working 55+ hours each week, inconsistent schedule

5. "Decent company for okay pay"

Current Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people that work there are real fun and will help you out. Feels like a family and you will always look forward to working with the people there. You'll meet a lot of contractors that are actually willing to stay and talk to you about their jobs which in turns helps you attain the knowledge needed to assist other customers. You get to learn a lot about large companies that sell services and products and you are guaranteed to always take home some new knowledge every day. I could keep going but overall, it can be a demanding job, it can be very fast-paced, it can be stressful, but it is definitely worth it. You can also definitely move up to department head and management but it takes a lot of hard work and usually through years of service. It is worth it but it can take a very long time.

Cons

There is one con that every employee will experience and one that is up to chance. The first con pertains to the entitled customers. The customers that don't understand the meaning of "no" or "we don't provide that service". They will continue to raise their voices, use the typical "do you know who I am?" line that no one truly cares about, and they will always insist on talking to the manager only to be told the same thing you told them. They can be extremely frustrating here because often times the orders can be a couple of thousand dollars and so they will far more volatile. Know the rules and regulations, know what the problem is, and if you know for a fact what the answer is, then stick your ground and do not allow them to push you down. Stick your ground. The second con is up to chance. It has to do with terrible coworkers. I had the unfortunate opportunity to work with the worst associate in any job I've ever had. She messed up every other order, she lied to customers, she passed the blame onto others, she refused to solve customer problems unless she was told to by management (even then she rarely did). To put it simply, it was because of this one single associate that I began to dread going to work. I no longer had the motivation to because management refused to do anything about her and I was left alone to deal with her every. single. day. Worst time of my life. Point is, you never truly know who you will work with in a sales setting.

Advice to Management

If an associate reaches out to you about another associate that is causing a lot of problems, please do something about it. Don't just spank them on the hand and say "stop that". Actually discipline them.

6. "software engineer"

Current Employee - ... in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ... in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture
    flexibility
    good pay and benefits
    bonuses are very good
    opportunity to work on the latest coolest technologies

Cons

..... .. ... ... .....

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Aug 22, 2017 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your 3rd year at The Home Depot.

7. "Awesome Company"

I worked at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Way too many erroneous reports.

Aug 22, 2017 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at The Home Depot.

8. "Great entry-level job!"

I worked at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

Everyone starts at $10 an hour.
    Opportunity to move up and move to full time.
    Company really cares about their employees.
    Working as a cashier there was great!

Cons

I do not recommend working for their MET team, the one I worked for was really disorganized and the work was tedious and felt pointless..

Advice to Management

Get your MET team on the same pagOther than that, you're doing awesome

9. "Home depot benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

great accommodations for Scheduling , 401k availibility, discounted rate in stock priceing

Cons

I cant find any there pretty good about everything.

Aug 22, 2017 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

10. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in West Covina, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is a lot of teamwork, there is communication and they as well follow great work ethics, there is respect among coworkers.

Cons

there should be more hiring for front end cashiers so lines don't have to be so long and customers can be happy

Advice to Management

None

Showing 15,172 of 15,341 reviews