The Home Depot Reviews in Riverside, CA | Glassdoor

Found 19 reviews

3.1
The Home Depot CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material(in 224 reviews)

• "Great benefits for part time work(in 813 reviews)

Cons
  1. "HD great place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Salesperson in Riverside, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Company, for the most part allows employees to latitude to ensure best shopping experience possible

Cons

Sometimes management selectees are not the best qualified for the positions they rise to.

Advice to Management

Be most circumspect in the promotion of all ASM level personnel, these people have great influence on their subordinates (employees) how then reflect those attitudes and behaviors to your customers.

The Home Depot Response

February 9, 2017Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

2. "CSA"

Current Employee - CSA in Riverside, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

you get to meet new people and do problem solving

Cons

sometime the supervisors can be a overbearing and sometimes you meet some customers who try to get a discount based on yours job another words they make it very difficult so you may lose your job so they can get that discount

Advice to Management

leave more than your employees it helps for a better working environment

3. "management styke"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot for more than a year

Pros

they push you to climb within the company and also lots of training tools

Cons

always issues with timely delivery making the sales rep look bad

Advice to Management

needs to be more competitive with pricing

4. "Overall Opinion"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Riverside, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

As part time associate and full time student, they work well with your schedule. As well as you can get along with your co-workers off the bat.

Cons

There is no real training. You are assigned to a "coach" who teaches you what your department does. But after the first day everyone, including managers, expect you to know where everything is, and how to do everything. You can climb the corporate ladder by hard work, and they don't really care about your degrees, they won't help you climb any faster than anyone else.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with new employees often, and at least make it look like you are doing something, department supervisors look busier than upper management.

"HomeDepot"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Riverside, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Easy work, just walk around and help customers

Cons

Inconsistent schedule, not enough hours, minimum wage, very poor customer service

Advice to Management

Very poor management, non-educated, no degrees, only work experience that promoted to Management.

6. "I learned a lot working for the Home Depot, about Management, retail sales, customer service and home improvement."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The best part about working here was it was something new everyday. The tasks remain the same, but it was a different situation every time.

Cons

Terrible working hours and schedule for salary associates. It was not uncommon for me to work an close/open shift: close at 1 am and back to open at 5 am with 11 hour scheduled shifts, but you were there longer then that most of the time. 60 to 80 hour work weeks were not uncommon.

Advice to Management

Terminating associates to save your own job is an out-dated and narrow minded style of management. You should look to better ways of cultivating and retaining your experienced associates. It's true that an experienced associate is an expensive associate, but at some point the public will stop shopping at HD because of the poor quality and lack of knowledge your staff. If you fill the store with a bunch of part time, minimum...

7. "don't believe in the smoke glass"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot for more than a year

Pros

They do not gibe you discounts in store however there are other companies who team up with home depot so you get discounts for their business like 75% off your Tmobile and stuff like that.

Cons

when i wanted to transfer there was nothing that they could do to help me and thats why they're so big on not going threw a union because they know that they don't treat they're employees as good as they want others to believe

"Hard working and customer satisfaction do not exist"

Former Employee - Associate Customer Service in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the workers and clients. I enjoyed the opportunity to work (especially at Christmas time) I learned a lot and the products were good.

Cons

When I work, I only stop when it is not going to effect the customer. Management should allow for a 5 minute grace period when breaks are taken. I don't think I would have been laid off if the managers understood who was working and did the customer need the help.

9. "Home Depot"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot for more than 2 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Another benefit was the store location, which was less than 2 miles from my home.

Cons

Low pay, minimal hours, and management appeared were not fair across the board when dealing with every employees.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and stop playing favorites. Give all the employees a chance to learn and promote, rather than keeping them in the same position.

• "Go to work at the Home Depot"

• Overall
      Current Employee - The Depot Depot Stock Clerk in Riverside, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The Home Depot is very good work hard and should learn to how learn to warehouse, stock clerk..

Cons

I like work at night, midnight, and morning for everyday

Advice to Management

None

The Home Depot Response

September 18, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your 10 years at The Home Depot.

Found 19 reviews