The Home Depot Reviews in Riverside, CA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 509 reviews)

• "Hard to get into a full time job" (in 906 reviews)

"sales associate ...... in every dept"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Apple Valley, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good hours, good pay ,work is very secure all year. good benefits 401k , stock , paid vacation , plus 1 week of sick time , and we take care of each other like family also our customers.

Cons

their are no cons .... if you just work hard.

Advice to Management

work every body evenly.

2. "General Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - GWA in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - GWA in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, some managers are great and very helpful.

Cons

Not all managers are great.. :)

3. "management styke"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA

I worked at The Home Depot (Less than a year)

Pros

they push you to climb within the company and also lots of training tools

Cons

always issues with timely delivery making the sales rep look bad

Advice to Management

needs to be more competitive with pricing

4. "Good hours"

Former Employee - Cashier in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

39 hours, flexible scheduling, good pay, vacation time, stable job

Cons

Lazy managers, angry customers, lots of theft, not getting a share because you have to work there for more then 1 year, credit card pushing, having to scan EVERY single item to raise stupid scan percentage

5. "They give you fiscal compensation for certain specified work. Nothing to write home about."

Current Employee - General Warehouse Associate in Redlands, CA
    Current Employee - General Warehouse Associate in Redlands, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros are the hours. Four ten hour shifts (No mandatory OT) with occasional optional overtime on the weekends. The associates at Home Depot are fantastic. Some of the best people I've worked with.

Cons

Management, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. Perhaps this is universal but there is a such a disconnect in knowledge between the associates and the management, that it is at times laughable. Not that I expect the supervisors to poses a similar level of knowledge to someone who performs a given task on a daily basis, just that a greater level of knowledge would be appreciated. This is especially true given that every thirty seconds when the supervisors perceive something is wrong, even when it isn't, they're calling you up on the radio asking you why such-and-such is doing this or that. Extremely annoying. Just let me do my job and keep talking to the other supervisors. It's hard enough under time pressures to do my job in such tight situations without having, at the same time mind you, to develop a polemic for why I'm doing what I'm doing against the supervisor. Also the pay is only half-way decent. Better than Amazon for sure, but that's not saying much.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Let your employees do their damn jobs which is what they're payed to do. Also, either actually listen to them, or quit pretending to listen to them because it's awful It's patronizing.

6. "Kitchen Designer"

Former Employee - Kitchen Designer in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Kitchen Designer in Ontario, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, stock program, training opportunities

Cons

Schedule constantly changes, it would be nice to count on at least one weekend off a month.

7. "Sales Floor Outlook"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In general the Home Depot is an outstanding company that has an honest, and admirable endeavor of becoming the worlds best customer service retailer.

Work hours are consistent, and schedules are very accommodating within their website.

It is an outstanding place to gain and learn new skills trough various job responsibilities.

Mobility is generally easy within 6 months to a year, and there are opportunities to become a Department Head once a slot opens.

There are good benefits for full time employees with dental, vision, and health care options. For part-time employees there are some stock options and other deals explained by the HR.

Cons

Pay in general is not very good in this area. (Subject depends significantly on store management and market in location)

This job is ideal for: college students, retired individuals, or individuals looking for a little extra cash. However, if you are looking to make a living pay is not enough unless your intentions are to move up to Department Head or Assistant Manager.

Other than that many times hours will be limited to having 1 person on the floor making it potentially stressful to some when 5th hours come around.

Advice to Management

From experience in my area since 2008 many employees have expressed concerns on management where many have left the company. From my experience most have issues with the amount of work and responsibility for very low pay, or significant cut in hours. Noting the company goals are to become the worlds best customer service retail business it would be wise to invest in employees who are the ones contacting customers directly. This will require more from HR to hire only the best, but as long as associates are payed their market value, and standards are put in place that goal may actually become a reality. In essence listen to your employees and serve them with outstanding leadership taking care of each other. Simply live by the Orange Life and make it an everyday goal with honor courage, and commitment.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 16, 2018 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food & Pay Good work

Cons

OM sucks dont care about employees

9. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Corona, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career growth, benefits, company values

Cons

None at all. Love the company.

Advice to Management

None

"Hardware Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Apple Valley, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunity
    Good-coworkers
    Easy job
    Overall company culture

Cons

Bad scheduling
    Management makes or breaks the job. For a $100 billion company, Home Depot sure is cheap. Always dimming the lights in the store (we have no control over it) it gets so dark you really can’t read what you’re trying to buy and customers are always complaining. Takes much longer to restock because it’s so dark. I work at one of the highest sales volume stores in the district and they are always asking people to stay/come in because they don’t know how to schedule enough people. Unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Don’t promote associates to DS/ASM just because you like them. Promote the right person for the job. Some of these managers have no business being in their positions and don’t even know how to talk to people.

Showing 174 of 18,981 reviews