The Home Depot Reviews in Roswell, GA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 216 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 795 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 504 reviews)

• "I can not have a full time shift yet" (in 899 reviews)

1. "Sr Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for; Strong company values; There are numerous areas of the business that people more in and out of to get experience.

Cons

All main corporate positions are located in Atlanta. Retail environment is always very frantic (nature of the industry).

2. "Good Place to Start"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Roswell, GA

I worked at The Home Depot (More than a year)

Pros

Good Management until management changed.

Cons

Lots of walking and you must be very knowledgable.

3. "Operations Associate helping customer with loading and finding the right products"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Roswell, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great company, with great employee benefits, stock option for even part time employees;

Cons

hourly rate discrepancy, not many chances to change positions

The Home Depot Response

Feb 19, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core... More

4. "Home Depot review"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Roswell, GA

Pros

The company has been really good to me for the last 11 years. The benefits are great. Part-time employees get some benefits. I don't know what I would have done after I was laid off of my full time job a year ago. The company let me switch from part-time to full time. I will forever be indebted to Home Depot. My wife and children thank you.

Cons

Employees do not get a discount at The Home Depot, which shocks most people that I tell. The always changing irregular work hours make family life hard and cause me to be constantly exhausted. Many of the managers in the store do not deserve to be in their positions. They are totally incompetent.

Advice to Management

Look more to your Sales Associates who have college degrees and management experience from other industries to fill internal jobs. You have a lot of talent within that you are not using - mainly me.

5. "Prospective employees: Beware of the orange mythology"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roswell, GA

Pros

When I worked there the focus was on helping customers with do-it-yourself projects. I found that aspect of the job very satisfying.

Cons

Service was king unless it got in the way of finances (expense). When service and costs came into conflict, costs almost invariably trumped service and service took a back seat.

Advice to Management

Train your store managers and district managers to listen to the front line people. These are the people who are closest to the customers and have a unique insight that most store and district managers don't have. When i was employed at Home Depot, my store manager was not only not interested in my ideas and suggestions, he was incensed that I had the audacity to offer them. That is largely the reason I resigned.

6. "One of the better retail jobs you can have."

Former Employee - Lot Associate in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Lot Associate in Roswell, GA

Pros

Home Depot offers people the opportunity to prove themselves as a competent worker. If you come to work everyday and give your best effort then you will be rewarded with a chance to move up within the ranks. One has the chance to interact with customers regularly and there is a certain amount of freedom given to employees on how they approach their job as long as the key tasks and requirements are done. Many of the long time associates are willing to extend some of their knowledge and are willing to take new employees under their wing if you show a good work ethic. The days working there go by pretty fast because there is always something to do which I like.

Cons

A lot of the managers are too concerned with corporate orders or pressure and are unwilling to provide any help or feedback to floor employees. I found that out of the five managers that I had the chance to work with, only one of them was able to actually understand what it is like on the floor. Another problem with working at home depot is that there are a lot of people who don't take their job seriously and are only there to collect a pay check. This creates a problem because they do the bare minimum and care less about store performance and how customers perceive us. It is frustrating to work with people like this.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they become more connected with the people who do the "dirty work." They don't seem to understand that those people are just as much a key to success as the supervisors.

Showing 6 of 18,794 reviews