The Home Depot Reviews in Santa Clarita, CA | Glassdoor

Craig Menear

"Haven't Had Any Issues"

Current Employee - Lot Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with school schedules or if you'd like to take a vacation somewhere, or just need time off in general. The people are very friendly and have a good mix of ages. Management is very friendly as well and listen to whatever questions/needs you have. Overall a good company to work for. Not to mention paid sick and vacation time (as a part time worker).

Cons

Customers can be rude, but thats expected. If you're promoted, you won't be getting paid much more, and it can take quite a while to move up. Definitely not a place you choose as a career, but more so a job in the meantime while you work on your next goal.

Advice to Management

N/A

The Home Depot2018-02-22

February 23, 2018Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected and that their contributions are valued. Taking care of our associates is one of our core values. We continually look for ways to ensure that associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.

2. "The Home Depot Life"

Current Employee - Paint Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, Great people to work with, Potlucks constantly, A lot of free time, Low stress, Easy going about schooling schedules

Cons

Constantly pushed and never any reward. Getting the same praise for someone who does less than you. If you apply for a different position you're most likely stuck, changes schedules constantly, management can suck, If you have a problem with a coworker they dont care and pretend they do.

Advice to Management

Change how you run things, We should get rewards for going the extra mile, Stop treating us so crappy

The Home Depot2019-05-30
  3. "Department Manager"

Former Employee - Department Head in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can drive every piece of equipment they had, plus outside Forklifts also. Indoor stocking a must everyday!!

Cons

A lot of overtime, and coming in on days off....

Advice to Management

Make sure people do not get in the way of power equipment, and knowing where to put things in spots you didn't know about?

The Home Depot2018-08-10

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Cashier in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with, easy to get time off, and a fast paced environment

Cons

Managers do not think about you, managers only pushed us so hard to sell credit cards because they said they'd get a bonus for it, they only promoted employees on the amount of credit cards they sold.

The Home Depot2017-05-17

May 22, 2017Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns.

"I love Home Depot it's taught me so much about management, customer service, being a servant leader."

Current Employee - Speacialty Assistant Store Manager in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's easy to learn new things and grow with the company. They have a lot of benefits and truest care for there associates. You can start and any position in the company and move up the chains to where you want to be. Start as a lot tech and work up to regional Vice President

Cons

As a manager there is not a lot of time for family. I am a family man and I want to watch my son grow up. Working 60+ hours a week I come home and my 5 yr old son is bigger smarter and older. I'm missing him grow up and I don't get to spend quality time with my wife.

Advice to Management

Managers should be based closer to there homes and shouldn't have to work 10-12or 16 hour days. When I was promoted they promoted me to a store 33 miles away from my house. Add traffic and it's at least an hour drive time. No so good when you have a family and 10-12 hours a week is spent driving to work instead of with you family

The Home Depot2016-09-27

"Only if you're desperate...."

Appliance Sales Specialist in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

When it is hot outside the airconditioning is fantastic on the appliance sales floor. Some fellow associates are great to work with. Thumbs up for the current department supervisor.

Cons

Mgmt does NOT listen nor seems to care. I have spoken to them on numerous occasions to no avail so it is incredibly disappointing. ASDS favors certain associates and will change their schedule upon request (incredibly unprofessional) . Those that sell can do no wrong (even when publicly aggravating fellow associates) as long as they are #1 in sales it gives the store a certain status, therefore, clear labor... employment law violations are ignored. If you get hurt on the job you are NOT sent to seek medical help rather told to continue to work even if it is a head injury. This clearly proves lack of training in mgmt. If the injury results in missing work even with a medical note you are given negative points on your attendance and are not refunded copays nor medication. As a matter of fact mgmt ignores proper medical documentation and fails to report injury as is required by law<-- again proves extreme lack of training. Associates are NOT given/provided proper safety equipment for lifting, kneeling or breathing in certain areas. OSHA requirements are lacking in many areas including but not limited to safety in electrical equipment ie if a cable for the 'lift' is found to be faulty and associate reports concern they are scolded as apposed to 'thanking them' for clearly identifying faulty and potentially hazardous work conditions. You are asked to conduct business that does not fit HOME DEPOT policy such as telemarketing in order to increase HDPP sales even when customers place themselves on non solicit lists.

Advice to Management

Take appropriate courses in management (such as labor employment law etc), general ethics and eliminate favoritism all together. The videos are not appropriate and are a lazy way of training. You need to find another way such as one on one. I have never been anywhere where supervisors and managers avoid training an individual by simply placing them in fron of a monitor and having them go through questions,

The Home Depot2015-09-24

October 20, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and understand that our associates are the key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they’re respected and that their contributions are valued. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) to express your concerns. We’d like to help.

"A job for students"

Former Employee - Cashier in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly employees, decent pay, always on your feet.

Cons

Takes so long to move up, you can't become full time unless you're getting them credit cards (basically if you're useful for full time), management is rude and they get in the way, once you're put on a register you're basically left to die because nobody answers your calls.

The Home Depot2015-06-16
  8. "Had a very good and smooth experience with the hiring process."

Current Employee - MET Team in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional and considerate company so far.

Cons

Yet to be determined. Not really a career job unless you shoot for some sort of management position.

The Home Depot2015-03-16
  9. "Understaffed."

Store Cashier in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

No experience necessary to get hired. Could be a great place to work if you have a good manager who puts the store ahead of his own profit.

Cons

Employee coverage for customer service. Not enough staff.

Advice to Management

Management understaffed personel to benefit his own bottom line salary and bonus. Customers and employees suffered. I'm sure we lost business due to not enough staff. Employees quit rather than take the rath of unhappy customers who could not find help.

The Home Depot2010-07-22