The Home Depot Tech Support Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Tech Support Specialist

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 209 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 772 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 484 reviews)

• "I can not have a full time shift yet" (in 879 reviews)

1. "Overall an average place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Operations Specialist (Level I Tech Support) in Atlanta, GA

Pros

They're very understanding about time off for family. The vacation and benefit packages are comprehensive. It's a good, stable job and most of the people I've worked with have been here for years and years. The company has tons of programs to keep people motivated and feeling like a team, ranging from how to stay healthy to community out reach projects. The latest CIO is all about recognition and supporting the associates who do the best work. They are always hiring and its one of the few places where an open door policy actually applies. Plus our benefits package has saved me lots of money on cell phones and store purchases during the holidays.

Cons

We get very few days off since stores are very rarely closed. Management decisions are drastic and there is never really notice of when important things change. Job security usually means that coworkers don't try and management is loathe to actually do anything about it. Bonuses and cost of living raises are minimal. When it's time to cut costs, the first thing they do is make it uncomfortable for people to want to stay. Associates end up taking abuse because nobody wants to get a bad rating on their customer surveys. There is also a lot of micro management so associates end up stressed out all day.

Advice to Management

Take the time to remember what it was like for your associates before making their lives difficult. Stop giving unrealistic expectations