The Home Depot Reviews in Troy, MI | Glassdoor

Craig Menear
  1. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Troy, MI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly staff, understanding management

Cons

Environment, Structure of assigning cashiers.

The Home Depot2019-05-04

"Good for a retail"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, flexible hours (usually), understanding managers/supervisors.

Cons

Low pay, if you have a good work ethic you will be asked to go above and beyond all of the time without recognition. Sometimes the scheduling can screw you over, I have worked four stores and there has always been the same issue:coverage. They never hire enough people.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, increase wages.

The Home Depot2017-02-26

The Home Depot Response

February 27, 2017Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core values that we stress within our organization. We will share this information with ...

3. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

the process was fast. applied online and was contacted two weeks later for a phone interview and then came in for a fast to fast interview.

Cons

really hard to move up in the company. was there for two years and never offered fulltime and passed over fulltime position.

Advice to Management

look at other employee and don't overlook at their skill set. There would-be there position available and many who declared interest wouldn't be told.

The Home Depot2016-03-25

"Great learning experience and great way to hone skills in a specialized department"

Hardware Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Great benefits and compensation. Great training techniques and extremely useful when learning about each department and product differentiation.

Cons

Terrible upper management and recognition of work well done. Very unorganized place to work.

Advice to Management

Department heads and managers need to recognize workers more and treat everyone with more respect. Departments need way better organization.

The Home Depot2011-12-16