The Home Depot Reviews in Tukwila, WA | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

4.0
The Home Depot CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear
Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material(in 224 reviews)

• "Great benefits for part time work(in 813 reviews)

1. "Lot Attendant"

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The coworkers and supervisors are really down to earth and friendly. The atmosphere and work related tasks are very fun and everybody seems to help each other out. Team work and communication definitely go hand in hand here.

Cons

I cannot really think of any except that I would prefer to have more hours and a set schedule, instead of just part time changing week to week.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue to have an open door policy and an employee supportive demeanor. You folks are awesome.

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal in Tukwila, WA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

I think one of the best parts of working at The Home Depot was definitely the employees and the environment. It truly was a fun place to work. Almost every employee seemed to enjoy their job a lot; laughing joking with one another and having fun with customers. Another great thing that took me by surprise was the great relationships that you develop with customers. There were times that I would help out a customer and...

Cons

I would say the only con would probably be you being tired. I say that because I was in the building materials/lumber department and there is a lot to do in that department so you end up being pretty tired the next day. But, once you walk in and feel the positive environment and see everyone working hard and having fun you forget about being tired.

The Home Depot Response

March 21, 2018Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

"Loved it before, now its all about shareholder value"

Former Employee - Night Operations Manager in Tukwila, WA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great co workers, good products. Great long term prospect. Company is very profitable and should be for years to come.

Cons

Upper management is not in touch with front line associates. More work expected than time allowed. Not a fun environment.

Advice to Management

Work life balance

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, just your typical cashier job. Not that hard of a job and time goes by relatively fast. Not a bad starting job or one if you have school.

Cons

Part time when they say 20 they really mean 36 but that depends on your location. Wasn't too bad but kind of sucks at times working full time and school/hw etc. But that's life these days.

Advice to Management

Management wasn't too bad. I mean i guess it depends on your location and who works there. Have some good ones and some bad ones.

5. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Home Depot Cashier in Tukwila, WA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

They will schedule you within your time availability.

Cons

You are required to work on week ends.

The Home Depot Response

March 4, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

6. "Good starter job but gets old quickly"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Decent pay, incentives such as quarterly bonuses or monetary rewards for performance, okay health benefits for part-time employees, some room for advancement since they usually promote from within, ability to learn multiple departments and skills, employee assistance programs

Cons

New people can start at a higher rate than you, they have only a handful of new full time positions since they are streamlining, they cut hours in the beginning/end of the year so you never know how many hours you're getting, job security can be questionable at times, mandatory store meetings that are a waste of your time, rude customers who constantly complain about the lack of store coverage and assistance which is...

Advice to Management

Try to remember when you worked on the floor. The customer is usually right, but sometimes they are wrong/irrational and most of us do go above and beyond to solve their problems so try not to jump conclusions that the associate didn't do their job correctly.

Found 6 reviews