The Home Depot Reviews in West Hills, CA | Glassdoor

1.8
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot about finishing material" (in 212 reviews)

• "Benefits for part-time employees" (in 776 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be hard to find" (in 489 reviews)

• "I can not have a full time shift yet" (in 886 reviews)

"Stick with regular position and dont seek postion in management"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in West Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in West Hills, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for part-timers involve with school, other job; If you like learning mutiple departments you will have access to that. Company have a great 401k matching program up to 5%.

Cons

Although the company talks about looking out for the employee it is really not so. In my almost 8 yrs with the company I seen so many people leave on their own and otherwise. When the people who should have paid more to stayed are left to walk away and then they go and fire hardworking people because management didnt like that they were not being kissed up too. They are many shadey things that occur but eventually those things come back and will bite those people in the butt. Its retail so you will be working all holidays except xmas and thanksgiving day; late nights. ASM's are sometimes not fair and have their favorites will to cover their favorites when issues arrives but hardworkers seem to get passed up.

Advice to Management

When the CEO and VP talk about looking out for your people actually do it. Have actions for your words. If you say your concern and really want to help out- reach out to those people,on a consistent basis to make sure till things are consistently good and/or improving. Don't let it get what you consider out of hand and you were not involved except for a check in months later. And leaving it up to ur ASM's is a joke because they are only looking to cover their butts when ACG is calling in regards to issues. They are letting things slide. Have some accountability for your ASM's mistakes.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 8, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and... More

"Head Cashier"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in West Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in West Hills, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Awesome XMas Parties, and BBQ's.

Cons

They need new management ASAP. They would get paid the "Big Bucks" for sitting in the back smoking a cigarette and drinking a Red Bull. meanwhile, there was no coverage in the store, and we had to handle costumer complaints because they would not pick it up or respond to overhead announcements.

The Home Depot Response

Dec 30, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group... More

"Over Worked with limited staff, we were always told to "figure it out""

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in West Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in West Hills, CA

Pros

great pay, promotions are easy for the right person.

Cons

limited staff, very metrics driven, lots of "cheating" to make goals.

Showing 3 of 18,303 reviews