The Home Depot Project manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for project manager

The Home Depot Project Manager Reviews

Craig Menear

"Great PM employment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capital projects are long-term and have stability. Good business team involvement when needed. Straightforward success metrics and comprehensive project planning usually lead to project success.

Cons

Environment is political and some higher-ups are more motivated by visibility than project success. The most successful PMs will find a way to balance project hurdles with transparent communications and present options to decision makers to overcome issues quickly.

Advice to Management

Leadership,should focus on team building for better morale.

The Home Depot2014-09-30

October 7, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

"Fast paced, fun I.T. environment"

Former Employee - I T Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Never bored; always seeking to be more efficient and deliver a better experience for customers and store Associates.

Cons

Publicly traded company; many indirect bad financial decisions made because of promises to stock holders or worry of the stock price. Also, not much vacation and long working hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to go back to the old days of focusing on your people. It needs to be implemented at every level including the stores. Provide opportunities to earn, buy or sell vacation.

The Home Depot2014-06-07

June 10, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and we try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

"Disjointed matrix environment with little direction."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

There benefits (health, 401K, etc) are good. Strong customer focus in the stores which shows in their success

Cons

IT salary is below industry standards Matrix organization with poor charge back model Little to no planning for year on year or future roadmap. Very reactive in nature. Communication between individual contributors and executive management is filtered and blocked by 1st and 2nd level management.

Advice to Management

Move away from Matrix model to improve internal customer relationship and speed up time to delivery. Remove perception that IT is a bottleneck by decreasing walls between sister IT groups.

The Home Depot2014-03-05

March 12, 2014Client Partner

4. "not bad"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

fun, hard work, cool, great success, real

Cons

dumb, not great, could have been better

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated better

The Home Depot2014-02-24

March 5, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and innovative ways of serving our customers and improving the business. Keep up the great work!

5. "I enjoyed my time at Home Depot"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment was easy to work in, enjoyed the atmosphere.

Cons

Salary did not have much leverage

The Home Depot2014-03-03

March 11, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected and that their contributions are valued. Taking care of associates is one of our core values. We continually look for ways to ensure associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.

"Horrendous"

Former Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot for less than a year

Pros

Good look on your resume

Cons

I worked at the corporate office and my entire experience there was horrible. The management sucked, and didn't seem to want you to succeed at your job.

The Home Depot2014-01-16

January 21, 2014Client Partner

Our nearly 300,000 associates share The Home Depot’s “orange-blooded” culture, which encourages inclusion, passion and respect both within the company and extending to all parts of our lives. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

"HD"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot for less than a year

Pros

Lots of work to do!

Cons

Not enough time to get project tasks completed without issues.

The Home Depot2013-11-17

November 20, 2013Client Partner

"I Was Warned & Should Have Known Better"

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot for less than a year

Pros

Well known brand, knowledgeable coworkers, decent location, good pay

Cons

Conflicting views on PM process and who actually owns which piece of the pie creates nonstop politics. Not a projectized environment, more of a weak matrix. If you are expecting a senior PM role do not work here, others own delivery and you will be merely managing tasks and sending notes. Whenever you try to assert the usual role of a senior PM you will be seen as "clashing" with others while they dictate your... approach. Save yourself the aggravation, don't work here. If I had seen one negative review of the PM role on glass door I wouldn't have left my great job for this, so I am posting one. A prior coworker tried to warn me but I didn't listen. If you like where you are - stay, the brand is not a step up.

Advice to Management

Be clear with PMs that it is a weak matrix, not a matrix

The Home Depot2013-11-11

November 13, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core values that we stress within our organization. We will share this information with others.

9. "ProjectPrttt"

Former Employee - Project Manager PMP in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Home Depot goes out of it way to take care of their customers. They have applications that make the shopping experience much better for the customer.

Cons

They to not get older employees opportunities

Advice to Management

Take experience from employees to see how to better the company and customer service.

The Home Depot2013-09-17

September 20, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

10. "Good company with growth potential"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

convenience, if you want to transfer THD is everywhere

Cons

pay raises are not really based on performance.

The Home Depot2013-08-28

September 5, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Taking care of associates is one of our core values since we understand they’re the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected and that their contributions are valued. We continually look for ways to ensure that our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.

Found 47 reviews