The Howard Hughes Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Personal thoughts"

Current Employee - Development Accountant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Development Accountant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are treated with respect, based on my observations they are considered to be a very important asset. Senior Management is approachable. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.

Cons

There is too much food... So hard to stay true to a diet.. :)..

Advice to Management

Some managers could benefit from attending another "Hello" day configured for them. It might help them have a more positive outlook on their daily work and how to communicate it to other around them.

Hi -

Thank you for taking the time to review HHC.

We truly do value our employees and their personal and career-related growth.

The idea of a manager-specific Hello Day is fantastic... More

"Depends on where you work/who you work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- A small and growing company so depending on your position and which office you work out of, there’s a lot of room for growth and autonomy
    - Really stepped up the benefits package in the past year
    - Smart and genuinely good people

Cons

-The closer you are (personally) to top leadership, the better for you (in some cases to the point of nepotism). Makes it hard for emerging employees to make a difference
    -Top leadership is involved in everything so it can make small projects and processes drag on
    -Business and creative teams are often at odds which also slows things down
    -Can be superficial in some of their endeavors; a lot of talk and not much action
    - “unsexy” projects will get much less attention even if they are the moneymakers

Jan 28, 2019 – Intern, Culture + Communications

Hi -

Thank you for your review of your experience at HHC.

We highly value autonomy and giving our employees the space to take personal responsibility for positive change in every job... More

"Unprofessional and morally bad executives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The only benefit to working here is the good name, which conceals how unprofessional this company is. But quickly, the industry is picking up on how bad Howard Hughes is in NYC, and it's getting a bad reputation.

Cons

The executives at this company are running it into the ground. They are extremely young kids, with zero communication skills, zero knowledge, zero expertise, and zero teamwork skills.
    They just order all the lower people around, spinning them in circles with contradictory or not enough information. Then, when everything goes wrong (which it always does) they just blame the lower people.

They have no clue how to run a company. The New York office is NOT profitable. The company just doesn't go under because OTHER cities make a profit and generate revenue.
    My boss is the worst person I've ever worked for in life.

Advice to Management

Fire the executives who do the design and construction. They have no skills.

4. "Acounting"

Current Employee - Senior Property Accountant
    Current Employee - Senior Property Accountant

Pros

Great Benefits and leadership. The people at the company make this one of the best places I have ever worked. I enjoy coming in everyday. The company prides themselves with a culture that is beyond anything I have seen at other places.

Cons

The only con is in the accounting department is Quarter close is a beast and makes for a rough week for close.

Advice to Management

Understand that your employees are here to help you!

Jan 28, 2019 – Intern, Culture + Communications

Hi there -

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your time at HHC. Our culture is something we are proud of and work hard to maintain and solidify through each of our actions and... More

"Sr. Desktop & System Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair wages and decent benefits, and a few friendly people.

Cons

The company is still young and growing, so there is some turnover as they try to get there footing. The different groups (creative vs executive) in the NY location and the management in Dallas are at times at odds and it can lead to pressure situations that are unnecessary with better communication.

Advice to Management

Clearly define employee and group roles, and enough with the last second fire drills. Too many changes requested at the last minute are burning people out.

Hi there -

Thank you for your review of your time at HHC. As we work across the US in several business segments, there is certainly some room for growth in terms of clearer and more proactive... More

"Great Place to work but..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing Culture! Great People

Cons

Poor or non-existent training.
    Frustrating glacial pace of the contract approval process.
    Tedious and Ineffective internal controls and processes which cripple productivity and delivery of projects.
    Reactive rather than Proactive environment.
    High turnover of great talent due to frustrating illogical processes.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate and establish sound internal processes and controls.

Hi there,

Thank you for you review of HHC, especially in regards to our culture!

Our position as a rapidly expanding company that operates across the US certainly leaves some room for growth... More

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The Howard Hughes Corp. has a great culture and really tries to nurture it's employees goals and interests. Everything moves at a very fast pace, so you have to willing to jump in when necessary and work as a team to get the job done. I believe you're rewarded well for your hard work.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time

Hi -

Thank you for your review of HHC! Our culture is driven by the fact that above all, we value our people. We also believe that collaboration is the key when accomplishing tasks to the caliber... More

"A company doing things right - understanding the "why" and innovatively executing their goals and dreams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The culture of the company is just outstanding in that there IS one, and that this culture is one that says "hello". I joined BECAUSE of the promise of such a culture, and they certainly delivered. Everyone here cares deeply and passionately about the work that they do, the people that they work with, and it's amazing that they understand the importance of collaboration, innovation and having the know-how that it takes to succeed. The company focuses on its people - nurturing growth and empowering individuals to learn and do more.

Cons

So far, the only downside I can speak of is that there are no current plans for a major master plan community development in Dallas yet! Other than that, Howard Hughes Corporation is a great place to work at and I look forward to learning and doing more myself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - focusing on the people and the culture, maintaining complete transparency and always being open to feedback.

"Premier real estate and development company"

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time

Pros

Financially secure and great business plan. Well respected. Development assets are outstanding.

Cons

Chasing too many rabbits without focus. Always going for the next best thing. People management suffers and talented employees move on.

"IT Leader"

Pros

Good people
    Hardworking teams

play hard work hard

Cons

different standards scales for evaluating