The Howard Hughes Corporation Reviews

3.5
The Howard Hughes Corporation Chief Executive Officer Paul Layne
Paul Layne
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Hard working group that works hard to get the job done(in 6 reviews)

• "Howard Hughes is overall a great company(in 5 reviews)

1. "Good company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, great team

Cons

Changed the pto program old program was better

The Howard Hughes Corporation2020-05-01
  2. "Great Benefits but...."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits offered by the company are great

Cons

Absolutely no flexibility for remote work options

The Howard Hughes Corporation2020-03-01

April 8, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, Thank you for your review and for offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We are working diligently to provide our employees with more flexibility in the future. We wish you well with all your future endeavors. If you'd like to provide further feedback, please email culture@howardhughes. Thank you again for your review.

3. "Fun Perks, Bad Work Enviornment"

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fun work events and out of office opportunities -Free snacks and beautiful office views -Certain amount of creative freedom

Cons

Toxic work environment. Most employees are openly miserable, place blame and are rude to one another. Terrible management structure with little to no support or project management. The company has gone through mass layoffs leaving employees with a constant fear of losing their jobs.

The Howard Hughes Corporation2020-02-14

February 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, Thank you for your review and for offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors. If you'd like to provide further feedback, please email culture@howardhughes. Thank you again for your review.

4. "Know What You Want"

Current Employee - Sous Chef in New York, NY

I have been working at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to pay, decent room to grow

Cons

Uncertain management direction, in total. Definite lack of restaurant experience at the decision-making level.

The Howard Hughes Corporation2020-02-12

February 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to the Howard Hughes Corporation.

5. "Interesting crossover between Hospitality and Real Estate"

Current Employee - Office Administrator & Event Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I learned more than I ever could've imagined, opening up multiple restaurants within very little time.

Cons

Appreciation is hardly given when it's deserved. You'll get walked all over if you don't pay attention.

The Howard Hughes Corporation2020-01-25

February 12, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review and for offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. Thank you again for your comments; we will share them with leadership. If you would like to leave further feedback, please email culture@howardhughes.com.

"Good Corporate Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager

I have been working at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time

Pros

Good culture, reasonable expectations, good benefits

Cons

Training & overall vision could improve

The Howard Hughes Corporation2019-10-24

October 28, 2019Culture + People

Hello! Thank you for your review of your time so far at Howard Hughes. Our culture and the benefits that allow our employees to enjoy it are vitally important to us. Currently, empowering our employees with relevant training and growth paths is an area we are focusing on more than ever. Thank you again for your review! Please contact culture@howardhughes.com to offer more detailed feedback.

7. "Ok if you’re a beginner bartender"

Former Employee - Bartender in New York, NY

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff Nothing else unfortunately

Cons

Long hours, low pay Unorganized

The Howard Hughes Corporation2019-10-09

October 14, 2019Culture + People

Hello, Thank you for your review review of your time working at one of our F&B operations at the Seaport District NYC. The experience of our employees and our patrons is always at the forefront of our mind as we continue to improve, and we will be passing your review on to the Hospitality management team in New York. If you would like to leave further feedback, please email culture@howardhughes.com. Thank you again for your review.

"Beware of Significant Uncertainty"

Former Employee - Corporate Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent work environment, pay/benefits and it’s a big publicly traded company

Cons

Company has been exploring strategies to increase shareholder value, including a sale of company. Very high risk to take a job right now or stick around because the jobs could be gone very soon. Still, this “strategic review” likely was only done to get shareholders off the backs of management and to briefly pump the stock price. It’s been nearly 3 months since they announced the review and haven’t said a peep. After 3 months employees and shareholders deserve an update.

The Howard Hughes Corporation2019-09-17

September 18, 2019Culture + People

Hello, thank you for your review of your experience in our Dallas office. Since our strategic review was announced in late June, our leadership has shared multiple face-to-face updates and email announcements. Providing our employees and shareholders with important communication and updates is an imperative. We continue to be as transparent as possible throughout this process and should a change of control occur. Thank you again for your review. Please reach out to culture@howardhughes.com to provide further insights throughout this process.

"Don't take the bait."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Several very talented, dedicated people work here and those relationships are the biggest value. There is some creative freedom but that is mostly because of lack of direction from internal stakeholders. Good snacks, free drinks and all the other usual comforts but that is pretty standard these days.

Cons

Totally chaotic with very little synergy between departments. Any ideas are the bare minimum of creative with a "throw it over the fence" mentality and ambition is heavily discouraged. It's been described as a "start-up environment" but that is just a way to dress up lack of strategy and low standards. Any attempt at departmental leadership comes off as clearly feigned and people are set up to fail constantly. Tonally it feels like you're working in finance and any perks of the office being pretty is clearly for clients, not employees. HHC tries in New York to be culturally relevant but often fails because there is very little creativity in its DNA. Across their other national locations (Dallas, Hawaii, Summerlin) HHC doesn't try to be something they're not and they do much better.

The Howard Hughes Corporation2019-08-28

September 5, 2019Culture + People

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our New York office. We take pride all of our people and fostering connection in our workspaces. As we revitalize the Seaport District NYC, we believe a fast-paced and flexible environment fosters creativity. Regarding our culture, we work each day to provide all of our employees with the resources they need to succeed. And as we strengthen our learning and development practices, our culture will continue to be one of our highest priorities every day. If you'd like to provide further feedback, please email culture@howardhughes. Thank you again for your review.

"Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Chief Engineer

I have been working at The Howard Hughes Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, the benefits are amazing and upper management really cares about their employees.

Cons

I really Have no complaints

The Howard Hughes Corporation2019-07-17

July 19, 2019Culture + People

Hello! Thank you for your review of your time at Howard Hughes so far. Providing a comprehensive and empowering benefits program is just one way we show our employees how valuable they are to us. If you'd like to offer any further feedback, please reach out to culture@howardhughes.com. Thank you again!

Found 62 reviews