The Impact Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Odom

1. "Event Planner"

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to grow as an individual. Very family oriented. Great benefits.

Cons

Salaries do not match industry standards.

Advice to Management

Create a bonus structure for all employees.

"DO NOT WORK HERE.. PLEASE"

Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. Upper level management is pompous and will demean you on a daily basis. There are no pros for this firm.

Do not let the compensation fool you, due to budgeting issues your position is never safe or guaranteed... you are basically a Salaried Temp because they can lay you off any day.

Cons

The VP questioned my church affiliations, extremely unprofessional leadership team. They consistently misjudge budget which leads to large layoffs and terrible stability.

Your position is never SAFE!

Advice to Management

Act professional given the position you are in. Value your employees, rather than demeaning and consistently talking down on them.

If you follow these steps maybe the turnover rate might not be as high..

3. "Great Culture and Team!"

Former Employee - Producer in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Producer in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every week in the team meeting, upper management is very transparent with the position of the company overall. The entire staff is well trained and expected to perform at a high level and are rewarded for their efforts. Health benefits paid for by the company and 3 weeks vacation were definitely a plus.

Cons

The only con that I have is the fact that I was laid off because of slow business due to issues for the clients caused by the DOL.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and keep fighting the good fight!

4. "Great people and good potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people working at Impact are some of the most positive and energetic people I know. It's a group that is hard working but also knows how to have a fun time too. While a lot of the negative feedback is valid on here there has been a dramatic change in management in the last six months - both the people who manage and the style of management. They are much more receptive to feedback and creating an environment that is enjoyable.

There were definitely some hard times in the past (I've been here 3 years), but moving forward this is a great company to work for that I'd recommend to anyone.

Cons

While the pay is fairly competitive for my role there are definitely some perks that are missing. There's no 401k match (currently), and there is not a lot of flexibility on time off or working from home.

Advice to Management

I would love to have a more flexible work schedule that allows me to focus on getting my work done and not just being in the office from 8:30-5:30. While I understand some roles in the company need this I also think there is room for flexibility in this area for other people.

"Dissatisfied with management"

Former Employee - Rather Stay Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Rather Stay Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees that you encounter have a great spirit and really are great to work with!

Cons

Management doesn't always follow through with their promises, and be careful not to be too open with your feelings/opinions with them as well. There is no work-life balance, and management has a tendency of talking down to their associates. I would not recommend this company to anyone I know. But, if you do get a chance to work for Impact, you will meet many-many unhappy associates, and all you will hear are complaints left right and center. But no one will be forthcoming to management due to of fear of losing their jobs.

I started working for the company with a smile on my face and a bountiful feeling of excitement. That feeling was quickly replaced with resentment and frustration. The ugly truth came out. Senior management hides behind the guise of Christianity and the books "The Energy Bus" and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (which they require their employees to read, but refuse to take heed to the things they themselves preach). There are some pros to this company, but sadly due to the way management chooses to operate it doesn't out weigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Take care and treat your associates better because happy associates will work harder naturally for a company that takes pride in them.

6. "Start-Up Environment with Unbelievable Resources"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At The Impact Partnership, I've found the unique combination of coworkers who are excellent at what they do and expect that of others while also caring and generating a family environment. Since joining the team, we have grown exponentially as a company and my responsibilities and opportunities have done the same. I have had the opportunity to travel to client meetings across the country, speak in front of 60+ clients, and attend multi-day educational summits related to my field. Very few companies and leadership teams would have invested this much in me.

I really appreciate the team's positive attitude and the fact that everyone is constantly trying to improve their contribution. I have also met several people that I consider my friends even outside of work. There is a great collaborative environment within my department and the days honestly fly by.

As far as resources go, we just completed an amazing build out of our entire floor, complete with a video studio, several radio studios, and an additional break room. This is a company that does not hesitate to invest in the future and its employees as long as you are willing to invest in yourself.

Cons

As with any start-up environment, the inter-office communication could be improved. There is less of a work-life balance, but I personally have never been more fulfilled at a job. Everyone works extremely hard. Benefits could be improved, but are pretty standard.

BIGGEST CON: There is constantly food, cake, chicken minis, etc. in the office which I can't stop eating.

7. "Great Opportunity with Creative Freedoms"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the marketing department with the video team has been an incredible opportunity. The creative freedom that is given for each project allows you to develop an array of skills. From shooting, editing, and producing, the experience is nonetheless positive, and I look forward to coming into work each day to learn something new.

Cons

The Impact Partnership is growing tremendously which is a positive problem to have, and with the growth comes in need of room for equipment.

Advice to Management

Create a specific large storage area for photography and video equipment.

"Doomed from the Start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Start-Up" feel with great work/life balance. I was able to get my work done within business hours and enjoy my time off.

Cons

Leadership was apathetic and unhelpful, perhaps even non-existent. I participated in a phone interview, to which the president of the company, someone who was branching off from a company to which he dedicated extensive tenure to, pulled himself out with a few colleagues to begin The Impact Partnership, a competing IMO to the business he branched from. I was hired after an in-person interview with the President, the CEO and the VP of Sales.

I was hired before they even hit the ground running without a job title or job description. I came with a wide range of talents, such as copywriting and an extensive radio background, to which they knew they wanted to integrate into their departments and still with no job title, I was placed into the marketing department, where I worked with one graphic designer and the CMO, two people I hadn't even met prior to starting or even in the interview process. We had regular meetings with very little actual visions or clear communication about long term or short term projects. I accomplished all that was asked of me and worked to the best of my abilities without much support or communication from a rather disorganized upper management.

Following an involved and expensive event planning experience, I was let go because "They were dissatisfied with my performance" and if it were up to the CMO, he proclaimed, he wouldn't have even hired me on.

Well, who was at fault? The hard working employee, carrying on between the 3-person marketing department and administrative assistant tasks without a job title/description or was it the company who failed to establish a proper job description and outline their expectations in the first place?

Advice to Management

Its clear that the business has continued to grow since my time there. My top-tier advice is to give employees a fair opportunity to succeed and utilize their talents to the company without waiting for that person to fail. Organization and constant communication are the key components to a successful business and even more successful employees.

9. "Cutting Edge Growth Opportunity!"

Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a sales professional, I find working in the structure environment offered to be extremely helpful and prosperous. They have dedicated financial and personnel resources to make sure training is beyond reproach, so the client experience is second to none. They have developed a system for the sales team which, if followed, will deliver positive results. Additionally, the product support is exceptional. What you sell is backed up by the other solid professionals in the organization. If you dedicate yourself to working hard and following leadership, you will succeed in this organization.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a rapidly growing company, but not sure if I would label it as a con.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.....

10. "Realistic Review With No Sour Grapes"

Current Employee - Sales in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best group of people you will have ever worked around, high earning potential, fun environment, never any "dead time", you can bring anything to the highest level of management any time, everyone is nice

Cons

Lots of hard work, though this isn't really a "con"....anything worth doing is usually hard, some late nights, lots of outbound phone calls

Advice to Management

Hire more UGA fans