The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 76 reviews

3.1
The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. CEO Dan Goodwin
Dan Goodwin
Pros
  • "Competitive compensation package, work/life balance, work with/for great people, strong corporate culture, rapidly growing company(in 9 reviews)

• "There is real value placed on a work-life balance, which I truly appreciate(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very old school company whose archaic and bureaucratic processes are more detrimental to a sales process/company livelihood than good(in 7 reviews)

• "Still pushing the non-traded REIT as if it were still the mid 2000s(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Analyst in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

The location is not suited for downtown folks

Advice to Management

Change nothing!

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2019-01-15

"Really Sad Negative Company"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. full-time

Pros

Made the Company a lot of Money. Increased occupancy for the company from 70 percent to 98 percent Worked overtime to make sure multiple demanding reports were completed. Built great relationships with the residents And outreach companies. Even when Corporate called office multiple times a day. Still overcame the stress and Harassment That occurred daily

Cons

Inland is an ancient, backward, discriminating, company. This company is not what they Project This company should be ashamed to be proud of being in business for 50 years because they clearly haven’t changed with the times. Gender, Race and Age should never be treated differently. Neither should promoting a Serious Hostile Environment. I feel so sad for not only the current staff but the residents as well. I can go...

Advice to Management

You should really change the Culture Listen to your employees Care more for the people like you care about the Money.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2019-04-26

May 6, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We take these claims seriously and would like to discuss this with you further. Please contact HR at hr@inlandgroup.com or 630-954-5670.

"Learned what to Avoid"

Former Employee - Sales Associate-ISC in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

These words are here to fill the five word minimum.

Cons

Very old school company whose archaic and bureaucratic processes are more detrimental to a sales process/company livelihood than good. Lots of unnecessary managers/employees whose job functions are mysterious to the rest of the team. With that said, terrible inter-departmental communication and lots of inefficiencies. Lots of nepotism which puts politics over merit coupled with a highly toxic work environment...

Advice to Management

Get with the times and put products out there which fit the current marketplace. Bring in new management team that understands the current marketplace and not the one 15 years ago.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2019-03-21

April 1, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. we are always looking for ways to improve. We would love to hear more about your experience, please reach out to HR at hrhelpdesk@inland.com.

"No Growth For Anyone that is Ambitious"

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people. very warm and welcoming place to come to daily.

Cons

management and ownership is vocal about their dislike for millenials. the company is likely to hire from the outside for new openings. nepotism. feedback is met with resentment for thinking freely. your ideas will almost never be taken into consideration. you are likely to be promised compensation and promotions that will never come to fruition. leadership has no process and doesnt seem to value an internal wholesaler....

Advice to Management

listen. have a process for those that wish to be promoted. be consistent!! its is one thing to say that you value your team but when you do not compensate accordingly, you will always lose top talent.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2019-03-21

April 1, 2019Recruiting Manager

We are so glad you felt that we offered a warm, welcoming, and friendly work environment. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that you felt your ideas weren't valued. We are always looking for ways to improve, and we would love to hear more about your experience. Please ...

"Run away if they offer you an employment contract"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager

Pros

Pay was great, there were some higher-ups that had a great head on their shoulders, great management training, some nice benefits such as great 401k and bonuses

Cons

No work life balance ( they told me I could never be off on late letter day-what if I had an emergency), only could take 3 day vacations because office couldn't handle me NOT doing all the work, couldn't complain to HR because they do not keep anything confidential, shady on-site practices with move out charges, regionals are out of touch with what is going on on-site. when they did visit rose-colored glasses were put...

Advice to Management

Look closely at the regionals and managers to make sure they are following the same rules as their employees and that the business practices are consistent.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2019-01-19

"Inland Group"

Pros

Company has been in business for about 50 years and is well established.

Cons

Location in Oak Brook is less convenient for people who live in City.

Advice to Management

Look to staff for ideas on improvement.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2018-11-27

"Old school"

Former Employee - Analyst in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

This is a perfect company for somebody that likes the comfort of working for only one company throughout their lifetime. Inland takes great care of their "lifers". They have great loyalty, if you stay with them for long.

Cons

Their is very minimal recognition, growth opportunities or incentive for you, other than duration of your time with them. Remuneration seems lower than competitors. Quite a few lazy people that doesn't do much, causing a lot of frustration if you get paid less than them.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation and incentivize good work more than you do duration with company.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2018-11-16
  8. "Good Company, Pay not that Good."

I worked at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good Work environment.

Cons

Pay not that good.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2018-09-19

"Not a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent. Really nice properties.

Cons

Management does not protect or support employees that are not in good with someone higher up. Human resources will not help you, as they are in cahoots with management & support the politics.

Advice to Management

Treat business as business. Stop protecting the employees that are taking advantage of the company and listen to the employees that are suffering because of the favoritism and politics.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2018-09-16

"Regrettable Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Some nice people I sit near, direct supervisor is okay

Cons

Low pay, heavy workload. Training is woefully lacking, top management is all talk. Purchasing properties and then aren’t able to properly run them. It’s become an embarrassment.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.2018-08-29