The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center Reviews | Glassdoor

The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center Managing Director Jennifer Atkins
Jennifer Atkins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My Second Home"

I have been working at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I jumped through quite a few hoops to get the current job I have because I could tell something was different about this job. I have worked in several hotels over the years and I never seen a hotel with staff that are longer tenured than here. There is a great family atmosphere and a lot of respect amongst all employees

Cons

It is a little sad to see so many buildings going up next to the property because this place feels like an oasis from the surrounding area that continues to grow and develop.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of the guest which equals guest loyalty and long-term profitability.

2. "Disappointing after such a great Outlook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great and golf members were as well.

Cons

Food and beverage manager for hard to approach and when confronted with tough decisions reacted like 16 year old girls.

Advice to Management

Keep employees that had positive reviews by clients.

"Be Weary of the Recent Positive Reviews - Horrible Employer"

Pros

None - Working at the Inverness actually cause me health issues.

Cons

Management is not forward thinking and sees employees as just a cog in the wheel. Work life balance is horrible - minimum 12 hour days for terrible pay and minimum benefits. When employees quit they were not replaced in our department causing the remaining employees to increase our already full workload. This led to more employees quitting that again were not replaced, putting even more pressure on the remaining few. The culture was toxic, whenever anything goes wrong managements priority 1 is to blame anyone possible for the error. If you value your health & sanity, I would strongly suggest not working at the Inverness. Turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Give a real exit interview - HR brushed off all the concerns I had when trying to have my exit interview and just rushed me out of the door. The only way you will reduce the high turnover and poor culture that exists is to treat your employees with respect and hire the proper number of employees to do the job.

"Love working at the Inverness!"

I have been working at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at the Inverness Hotel for 11 years and I would say the people here are what makes this place great. I have worked with so many people for so long that coming to work is fun because you get to work with your friends! I also love working for Destination as a management company because there is a lot of innovation and freedom that allows us to do what we know how to do best and gives us the resources needed to take care of our guests.

Cons

There are very few cons in my opinion about working at the Inverness. It's pretty far South so depending on where you live the commute could be a challenge but luckily in hospitality there are a lot of jobs with odd hours of work which helps avoid some of the traffic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Trust and empower your employees and keep making coming to work fun!

"Still loving it after all these years!"

I have been working at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center full-time

Pros

I knew I wanted to work with The Inverness from the first time I walked in the door almost 18 years ago, and I am happy I made the choice! I get to spend each day creating special moments in people’s life and partnering with amazing professionals who share a passion for hospitality. Upper Management is supportive, encourages continuous learning and provides opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally. It’s a team-oriented environment where sharing ideas are welcomed and contributions are celebrated.

Cons

Can it be demanding at times – yes – but that's when you grow the most!

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Conference Services Manager
    Current Employee - Conference Services Manager

Pros

I have been an employee at The Inverness Hotel for over 16 years. It has been a great company to work for. I always feel that my opinions matter and suggestions are well received by Upper Management. There are opportunities for advancement both at the hotel and a other hotels within the Destination Family.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons about working for The Inverness Hotel

"Great Community"

I have been working at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The career opportunities here are incredible. Internal candidates are always considered and often receive advancements. Over the last couple of years, work-life balance has been a priority; creating happier employees and a better culture. Not only does management care for all their employees, but employees care about other employees. Everyone is a great support system which makes working here ideal.

Cons

I have no complaints about The Inverness Hotel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the processes in place and continue to empower your employees so that The Inverness remains a great place to work.

"Incredible Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Englewood, CO

Pros

I have worked at The Inverness for over a year and there is incredible culture here. Management truly cares about their employees and there is so much room for growth within the company. Many opportunities for learning are provided to the staff and each person I have encountered is genuine about their happiness in being here at work. The work-life balance is respected and encouraged!

Cons

I truly have no cons to report about being employed with The Inverness Hotel.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees, empowering them and showing us that our work is valued.

"Great workplace with wonderful coworkers"

I have been working at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and lots of opportunities to grow if you know your direction. Most people working here have been with the Inverness for several years. The benefits are great and there is always a open door if help is needed.

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

"Happy Employee"

Pros

WOW!! This place is such an exciting place to work, from the employees to the guests. Everyone at the property make you feel right at home. The way the staff treats you like family, and the customers who attend meetings here along with the guest who stay over are so appreciative of the work you provide them. When you think about working at a place that really wants you to feel like part of the team that would be at The Inverness because once your here you are now considered family with the team.

Cons

Time goes by to fast throughout the day