The Ivy Key Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Proctor"

Former Employee - Proctor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Proctor in New York, NY

I worked at The Ivy Key part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good classroom and proctoring experience

Cons

- My experience as a proctor with The Ivy Key was terrible. I was given an assignment and showed up at the proctoring site. Once at the site, I was told that the exam was cancelled by school security. I then called the office and was told that the test was indeed cancelled but I never received any email from administration of this and was never reimbursed for my time although I was told I would be.
    - Additional unpaid administrative and travel is required outside of the proctoring dates (picking up/dropping off scantrons/booklets and grading essays )

"Doing great work, with some internal operational challenges"

Former Employee - Tutor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tutor in New York, NY

I worked at The Ivy Key part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hourly pay for tutoring
    Scheduling is very flexible
    You have a lot of autonomy in the classroom.
    Great opportunity to work with students and administrators in school settings all over NYC.
    No teaching license required.
    Very dynamic leadership, great social mission.

Cons

Administration staff is well-meaning and helpful, but limited and spread thin over the many programs at many sites, so things fall through the cracks.
    Travel, prep work, and training are unpaid, which effectively lower the hourly rate significantly. Tutors are also expected to do some unpaid tasks (administrative and pickup) outside regular class hours.
    Tutors receive very little training in how to deal with classroom management.

Advice to Management

Some logistical processes need to be massively streamlined as the scale of services increases.