The Jennings Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Allan W. Jennings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"agent"

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time

Pros

This career provides a great way to help a variety of people. If you honestly enjoy helping people and getting financially rewarded very well, this is a awesome career.

Cons

You have to commit to this career for the long term, this is not a short term job. If you don't have the ability to hold yourself accountable, this job is not for you.

"Individual Producer/Agent"

I worked at The Jennings Agency full-time

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, great company vision & goals, quality products

Cons

No reimbursement for course, fingerprinting, test, license, training or supplies. Long hours and hard work on the front end.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the investment required by the individual up front. I felt like critical information was ignored. I was not given the benefits info up front (medical, dental, vision, compensation, etc. until I asked...and asked...and asked). Also, I was led to believe that I WOULD be reimbursed - at least for the testing and licensing. Poor communication led to frustration (which was eventually resolved). Also, be clear on the number of hours and work load required. Use concrete and not abstract language. Be clear so people are not disillusioned. Also, keep your personal biases toward co-workers outside of the office. Who you like and don't like is your problem. Your job is to see EVERYONE excel and do their best. Don't be so concerned with other's style, mode and experience. Insecurity and backbiting is the quickest way to destabilize a company/agency. Every person and place is susceptible to this. I am encouraging you to be proactive and introspective, not reactive and suspicious of others. I am personally sensitive to this and started to see the beginnings of discontent before others did and wished that management had been aware of things sooner. Make sure you are genuine and consistent in your encouragement so that when difficult conversation inevitably happens (like constructive criticism), it is better received.

"Agent"

Current Employee - Remote Life Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Remote Life Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with American Income Life for over 5 years, this company gives an individual a chance at a wonderful career and a lifetime of opportunity for themselves and their families.
    American Income gave me a chance in 2012 to make a Career change that has allowed me to thrive as an agent in the field of my peers and challenge myself to be the very best i can be. I have been able to take care of my family in ways never before imagined with life long experiences a culture that goes above and beyond for their staff . My AIL family is one of the most giving and dedicated colleagues i have ever encountered.
    I intend to retire here, and the sky is the limit in opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, but you get out what you put in Accountability is key to success
    If you arent willing to commit to your success and be willing to sacrifice a little for now to achieve more for later may not be for you

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!!!

"One of the greatest places to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at The Jennings Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can truly say that the Jennings Agency is a great place to work and start a career. I am a mother of three and was working for the agency a while back I was not intending to leave but personal family matters came about and I could not stay employed. I explained it to my supervisor and he understood. They never left my side. My daughter has Down Syndrome and every time there is an event for the DS society here they have always supported and became a sponsor of some sort. They have always stood by my side through thick and thin and have given back to the community as much as possible

Their leadership understands when a employee needs to take a breather and tries their best to help out. They bring in world class motivational speakers and try to ale each and every one of their employees goals a success.

Cons

There are no cons what so ever

5. "Awesome place and Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun environment, awesome retirement plan, great money, we are exploding with grown, being your own boss, wonderful management and leadership

Cons

must have an entrepreneur mindset rather than an employee mindset. if you are looking for just a 9-5 job its not for you. Must be looking for a career

Advice to Management

keep up the awesome support

"Not What I Expected"

I worked at The Jennings Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that I don't work there anymore.

Cons

Terrible, terrible culture. They claim that you are helping people with what you are doing but in reality not one lead that they give you actually knows that your're coming to talk to them about life insurance, it's 100% bait and switch. The child safe leads are particularly garbage, stay away from those at all costs. But wait, you can't since almost all the leads you are given have already been worked by a different agent already. This place is a joke. You have absolutely no social life while working here either, they require you to work ridiculous hours and you're constantly being belittled by management. If you like spending alot of money on gas, putting a ton of miles on your car, and traveling extreme distances everyday just to make no money, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with at least a little respect.

"General Agent"

Former Employee - General Agent in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - General Agent in Irving, TX

I worked at The Jennings Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't have to pay for leads.

Cons

Ridiculous hours. Leads are saturated. If you are unable to get referrals, then it will be very difficult to be successful. Integrity is preached, but not followed. The leads are free, but the consumer is completely unaware of you trying to sell insurance to them. Consumer is forced to make a decision that day. Which in return, usually causes charge backs. A lot of vulgar language is in work environment. Upper management will belittle and degrade you in front of your peers. It is very difficult to have a balance of work and personal life.

The Jennings Agency Response

Jul 12, 2017 – RGA

While we make an effort to help and brighten the lives of each and every person we encounter, as is evident by the other reviews, we can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. We wish this... More

"A new experience with support of experienced leadership and a real training program that supports a career change."

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work ethic equals Great Pay. Great Environment in a truly positive, supportive atmosphere.

Cons

None. You need a dependable vehicle and laptop. You are in control of your success and they give all the tools and wisdom you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

In my 30 years of employment with several other companies, this is by far the most positive environment I've ever been associated with. Hands down. Thank you.

"Opportunity never looked so good!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for the company for just about a month going into my second month, and I can honestly say I have never had such a great opportunity to be able to become successful, and self sufficient. The meetings are inspiring and the management is enlightening. I appreciate the team I am working with, and I know they appreciate me just as much.

Cons

The hours are long, but to be able to become self sufficient they are defiantly worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

"5 Star Employer"

Current Employee - Director of Education in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Education in Irving, TX

I have been working at The Jennings Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is very positive. It is a pleasure work in an environment that is about helping everyone stay upbeat versus other places I have worked where the work environments was about bringing everyone down.

Cons

The hours are long, but the rewards are unlimited.