The John Stewart Company "tenants" Reviews | Glassdoor

The John Stewart Company Employee Reviews about "tenants"

Updated Sep 10, 2018

3.8
The John Stewart Company President and CEO Jack D. Gardner
Jack D. Gardner
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't listen to the employee's side(in 5 reviews)

• "Too many arguments with tenants(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "tenants"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Front Desk Clerk"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The John Stewart Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

The tenants are amazing, they help you keep going.

Cons

There's to much office disagreements and not enough worker doing there job

The John Stewart Company2017-08-28
  2. "Front Desk Clerk"

Current Employee - Lead Desk Clerk in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The John Stewart Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. 98% of the time, you sit there and you can either bring entertainment, or stare at the door. 2. You are your own boss most of the time 3.. Free mostly to talk on your personal phone 4. Eat whenever at the front desk, most people don't care that you do. 5. Friendly tenants(most)

Cons

1. Intruders are prominent if you're not paying attention 2. Responding to emergencies near end of shift might disrupt the rest of your day 3. Writing incident reports(not a real con, but some manager demands the reports needs to be detailed and or precised) 4. Dealing with rude tenants

Advice to Management

To Managers, perform weekly evaluation with your desk clerks to keep them in checked, that they feel safe and happy working at the office.

The John Stewart Company2018-09-11
  3. "Building manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hills, CA

I worked at The John Stewart Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We get citizenship status* Management lawyers go to extreme to fight cases against tenants. And lastly we get to really take possession over properties

Cons

Too many arguments with tenants

Advice to Management

Is it really worth it? All this hating for little pay?

The John Stewart Company2018-08-17

"desk clerk for John Stewart"

I worked at The John Stewart Company full-time

Pros

There were really no pros. You had some benefits, but you practically had to crawl for them. They made you watch videos, annual health screenings, blood tests, etc. Of course, to cover themselves it was "voluntary" but if you don't, you have to pay $100 dollars a month, and they know that a desk clerk can't afford that on their salary!

Cons

Terrible company! Constant feuding among co-workers, bullying managers who don't understand conflict or problem solving! There's absolutely no boundaries taught at the buildings, so the tenants are told so much nonsense, that they are mad at everyone, and they pit desk clerks against each other. No one seems to know the rules, and you can't function in that type of environment. And if that's not enough, the... annual desk clerk training is taught by someone who has never even done the job! That's insulting and ridiculous! Hands down, the worst company I've ever worked for!

Advice to Management

Treat us all with compassion with respect! That's part of the company motto! We spend half of our lives in these buildings. It's a very stressful job, and we need and deserve to be treated with compassion and respect. Boundaries need to be taught, and rules need to be enforced at all times! It's not fair that one person or two gets to do whatever they want to do, while the rest suffers!

The John Stewart Company2017-04-13