The Jones Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Jones Group Reviews

Updated May 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Typically left work on time and had a decent work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits: health insurance, 401K matching (in 24 reviews)

Cons

"Iconic Fashion Brand with life work balance for employees"

Current Employee - Retail Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company employees are very professional and training/mentoring program in place.

Cons

Company was bought out in April 2014 - Program eliminated and outsourced in Jan 2015

Advice to Management

Time off as a Jones Company was outstanding. Bank time, vacation all perks. Compensation fair within the industry as well as bonus and good insurance.

2. "Unprofessional, but good for gaining experience"

Former Employee - Sale Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Sale Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at The Jones Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of hours, reasonable pay for a retail job, gave me more of a push and learning experience than I believe other sales jobs would.

Cons

Unorganized, hectic management. Poorly thought out sales goals per individual. Unprofessional language and treatment between both coworkers and management. Manager sets all coworkers against one another, leading to inefficiency.

Advice to Management

The sales goal should directly correlate with the number of hours. Management should also be aware of what conditions make sales higher for each team member. Encourage teamwork. Very distant and frustrating experience.

3. "Jones New York New York Office"

Former Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with great people, very family oriented environment. I was promoted within 2 years and learned a lot at this company.

Cons

Once upper management began to change the business culture took a turn for the worse and the morale tanked. They brought in people who did not understand our customer and what our brand meant to them. They were totally clueless and not open to understand what needed to be done to continue to make the company grow which resulted in the brand ending.

Advice to Management

I think management would have benefited from understanding our customer more. They also should have made more of an effort to connect with employees. We were a solid team because we worked together and were once rewarded for doing a good job.

5. "Long hours, low pay, too many company changes"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The fellow associates are great. Most of the upper management are approachable

Cons

We were told one afternoon that company was closing but we have been given no other info

Advice to Management

There are loyal employees who work for you, show the same loyalty to us

"Challenging work, friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Assistant Web Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Web Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Promotes from within, tons of job opportunities with other brands within the company, great benefits, friendly work environment. Really understanding with taking days off for sick kids, death in the family, etc.

Cons

Long hours, not enough employees, I'm basically doing two people's jobs, just moved our office from Westchester to NYC and they are not increasing our salaries by enough to cover the cost.

7. "Summer Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Placed right in the thick of things. Great staff that wants yo to learn and experience what the industry has to offer. Ability to sit in on most meetings, and give a strategic recommendation at the end of your time their in order to demonstrate what you have learned

Cons

Some weeks were filled with busy work with the occasional staff meeting, but most times they keep you busy doing some type of assignment

8. "Amazing to work with upbeat and energetic people who really care about the clients, not just to make a sale."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at The Jones Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continued training and ideas to be the best in woman's fashion

Cons

Nothing negative to say on the company. I truly enjoy being a team member!

Advice to Management

The Jones Group has Core Values that allow their employees to balance work and family. For retail I feel they compensate a little better than most as they truly look at the associates background to ensure they are offering suitable compensation.

"Challenging fast-pace work environment"

Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY
    Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, discount, a lot of free clothes and holiday bonuses. Ability to balance work - life and personal life.The availability to apply for a different position or department with in a year. Work load manageable and training is available through the learning center.

Cons

Office culture is very unprofessional. Bullying and harassment is a comment accuracy and there is barely any reprimanding for those who are doing it. This creative a very uncomfortable work environment. Management very questionable and a lot for favoritism.

Advice to Management

Mandatory yearly diversity and sensitivity in the workplace for management training classes.

10. "Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Textile Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Textile Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot of things.

Cons

Too many changes within the company

"I'm sure it used to be a great company, but now its just another fashion company looking for cheap workers..."

Current Employee - Assistant Technical Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Technical Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly decent benefits. Good place to learn a little before you can move on to your dream company that requires some years of experience before you apply.

Cons

Working at Jones right now or interviewing you will hear that the company is in the middle of a "transition", which they have been saying to justify the lower salary they will offer. You do not move up easily in the company, no matter how much of an "asset" you might be to your specific team. Jones is a place to build up skill and go, like younger people do, or settle in a mediocre environment, like the remaining group from the "old jones" when it was all good.

Advice to Management

When you have good employees, pay them well and treat them well. The bottom of the food chain is the actual power source, not the top. Without good employees there is no good work.