The Kemtah Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time

Pros

The Company is growing actively, which provides many opportunities for advancement. A lot of investment is being made to help employees with their career path.

Cons

The company is experiencing growing pains and is struggling to hold on to the better technicians. Some of management is still playing by the good old boy system. (This is slowly diminishing as the company grows.)

Advice to Management

Work with your technicians to keep workloads balanced and promote unity with management . The best way to help your technicians preform better is to LEAD by example in both word and actions. If you keep your employees happy their performance will continue to improve and shortcomings in metrics will improve naturally.

2. "Run"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros; this place is doom and gloom

Cons

Pay, benefits, work environment, management, did I say pay!!!!

Advice to Management

Work with your employees and realize the hard work we do for the very very little pay-$14 / hour does not cover the hard work and demands from these clients.

3. "Dont work here"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Jupiter, FL

I worked at The Kemtah Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

you now have a job

Cons

people who are local and work with you know nothing about being professional. they are con artist and they dont like colored people

Advice to Management

they are blinded by all this and do nothing but support this

5. "They promote brown nosers rather than talent"

Former Employee - IT Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - IT Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at The Kemtah Group (Less than a year)

Pros

You actually feel like you're helping people
    9/80 schedule
    Most holidays off

Cons

Managers at the help desk promote unqualified individuals who kiss butt.

Advice to Management

Promote individuals based on their qualifications, not how much they kiss your behind.

"Dishonest and disreputable Comapny"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Some positions and areas offer access to potentially good clients.

If the client/company Kemtah is contracted to support is good your experience may not be terrible and you may get a good foot in the door.

Cons

Kemtah only cares about it's profit off a contract and will use any dishonest and disreputable actions it can to make more money off the backs of it's employees. This includes not being upfront with clients, violating labor laws, and falsifying records. If the company can make an extra buck at your expense you should expect them to do it.

Advice to Management

Hire competent HR, legal, and senior staff and keep them long enough to care about the company and employees. Follow local laws and most of all focus on providing good service and value to your clients instead of underbidding and being dishonest about what you can deliver and then abusing and using your staff to make up the difference.

"Ignore the fake reviews...this is a bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

-paycheck was on time
    -some good people
    -PTO
    -security clearance that will open doors to working with a much better company

Cons

I see instead of keeping and supporting competent staff, Kemtah is now posting fake reviews to boost their rating. The honest truth is Kemtah is a bad company to work for. Kemtah is one of the worst companies I have had the displeasure of working with. It almost was not worth the money. I needed a job, so I decided to take it. They do not appreciate their employees and constantly churning through staff, promote and tolerate poor behavior, very very low morale (no one was happy working there), pay far below industry standards for any position, and they consistently partake in toxic politics. I would be very wary about accepting a job with this employer. I do NOT recommend working here at all, not even to get your foot in a door. If you have some skills, just look elsewhere and save yourself the headache and frustration.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews.

8. "Field Technician"

Former Employee - Field Tech Support in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Field Tech Support in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at The Kemtah Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Very interesting, top secret clients. If you love to travel the United States, you can get lunch, rental car, hotel, and flight paid for. The pay was plenty for me. I really liked the rule Kemtah had with always having a positive attitude.

Cons

A client employee got mad that I was taking inventory of his computer. Politely introduce yourself, first! Some client work sites are very loud and dirty. Contract employees get no health benefits. Some projects didn't have much work, so my hours got cut down to three days a week and then one day a week. Though, the hourly rate was $22 / hour, I only made $20k total with the contract over 6 months. Talk to the immediate supervisors first about any possible things you see on work computers. Don't talk to corporate security or you will get all permanent employees mad at you.I had very little customer service work at first because of miscommunication between contractor, client, and owners.

Advice to Management

Learn from past employee experiences and train newcomers to be able to deal with security situations in the best possible ways.

9. "Working at Kemtah"

Former Employee - Sales in Gold River, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Gold River, CA

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very good leadership and a solid vision

Cons

Growing pains with any company that is growing...sometimes there are things lost in the changes

10. "GBS - What a rollercoaster"

Former Employee - After Hours Service Desk Analyst in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - After Hours Service Desk Analyst in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Great team members for the most part.
    Managers are very flexible with PTO requests.
    Extremely low barrier of entry for tech support.
    CEO is great at speeches.

Cons

New people have to be trained by regular employees as part of their job.
    Nobody cares about your personal life to any capacity, and your PTO will never be accepted once denied.
    Extremely low pay.
    Horrible benefits for the amount they brag.
    Professional development program gets talked up as though it's actually good.
    "Differential" for after-hours work is an extra dollar.
    Corporate environment, you can and will be replaced if you ever give them the slightest notion you don't absolutely adore the company.

Advice to Management

Be careful with the things you claim as a company, many of the things you brag about are outright lies and eventually your customers will discover the holes in your security and find the lies.

"3+ Rip Released for Good Behavior"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Pros

It was better than digging ditches and sometimes they even paid me without having 40 emails back and forth with payroll to fix something they messed up on.

Cons

Bad management from top all the was down. They want to leverage the prior training an employee brings in with them. So they can tout having staff with this certificate or that. Yet they will not pay for training. They don't invest in the people that do the work and then wonder why they can not keep good people. One manager told me once that it is "The pride of the work that should motivate you" of course this was right after telling us there would be no raises yet again. I was tech lead and was offered a position at another lab and when given the opportunity to even make a counter offer they told me "Good Luck" and I was pretty well liked and had been promoted so they were not happy to see me go.

Advice to Management

Resign and let better people do the work that needs to be done