The Klein Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best property to work at"

Former Employee - Service Manager (Maintenance Supervisor) in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Service Manager (Maintenance Supervisor) in Doylestown, PA

I worked at The Klein Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, time off, many paid holidays double paid holidays on call. Best residents I have ever encountered in Property Management. Solid management team and regional resources.

Cons

None!! Honest I would go back in a heartbeat if I was able to.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I miss all of you!

2. "Site Manager"

I worked at The Klein Company full-time

Pros

There were various growth opportunities

Cons

Senior management like to micromanage their site managers.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire.

3. "Small Company, Big Opportunities"

I worked at The Klein Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to take on add'l responsibilities if current ones being met, small company meant you were treated like family, guaanteed COL raises

Cons

Some depts didnt have the room to grow up the ladder, salaries didnt move much besides COL raises no matter how good the job was performed

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Montgomery, PA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Montgomery, PA

Pros

Supportive team environment. Interest in staff training and development.

Technology and systems were great. Enjoyed the professionalism.

Cons

Nothing to add at this time.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

My experience was excellent. I started with the Klein Company in 2011 and recently had to leave due to my spouse having a job relocation.

Cons

This was one of my most enjoyable working experience

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work . I miss you guys

"Forget Everything You Know"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

My co-workers were good people who worked hard. Maintenance staff was cooperative, the apartments are decent and they offer a discount if one desires to live on site.

Cons

If you've worked in the industry for any number of years and posses a degree of individuality, this is probably not the place for you. Their business practices border on the archaic; from the dress code, to the paperwork, to the scripted leasing procedures that could be performed by a robot if somebody was out sick. You're renting apartments, not selling furniture. Company turnover is astounding, even in an industry characterized by high turnover rates. Expect to hear something like, " you're the 4th person they've hired for the position in the last year."

Advice to Management

Sell off portfolio to a forward thinking organization.

7. "Established Well Maintained Communities/ Solid Group of Managers"

I have been working at The Klein Company full-time

Pros

Well maintained sites- large scale on-going projects to upgrade communities - great curb appeal

Great group of co-workers- extremely supportive - willing to share ideas

Cons

Paperwork could be more streamlined - currently under going software transition but looking forward to a more streamlined process

8. "Good company"

Pros

Good people and a good company. The company did an excellent job of maintaining the community and the my salary was comparable

Cons

They were very paper driven. They could work towards automating some of the residents form letters to increase efficiency and save time.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow

9. "Not worth the time"

I worked at The Klein Company full-time

Pros

Small company where you get to know others

Cons

Work weeks tend to go up to 3-4 weeks without days off
    Tend to hire people they want to be friends with, rather then people who may work well

Advice to Management

They tell you that you will move up but they're just empty promises.

"Small company = small minded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Klein Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, co-workers, residents....I can't think of anything else to fill up the required characters in this field.

Cons

This company is roughly 30-40 years behind in pretty much all aspects. The term "old school" doesn't even cut it. From the dress code (restricted to a few select colors, including pastels--who wears that?) to technology to marketing, The Klein Company seems to be stuck in a different era. The word "progressive" is probably as foreign and unknown to them as the concept of spending money to market online, or anywhere for that matter. Who would do such a thing? They wanted as much exposure and advertising as they could get for free. The saying, "It takes money to make money." has definitely never been uttered in these parts. The money they did spend on marketing was put towards flyers and postcards and sticky notes from Vistaprint that were expected to be handed to local businesses, who were then asked to hand them out to THEIR customers. Flyers were also meant to be placed on cars--other peoples' cars.....in most towns/cities, that's not even legal without some sort of permit. I was at the bottom of the totem pole, and definitely felt the brunt of their Archean philosophies...the list could go on and on.

I will say I loved all of my co-workers. God bless them. Management, on the other hand, was a different story. Of course they have jobs to protect, and their own agendas to keep--which they're very good at doing. Corporate was on a whole other level--the clueless and careless level.

If you're in to acting like a robot and have no problem not asking for explanations, appreciate a stiff and uptight environment, then you would probably like it here. However, if you have good ideas to share and want to wear gray, red, a print of any type, this isn't the place. Be prepared to be misled, cut off, shot down and ultimately let go. Jaded? Maybe. But let's be honest, this place is just lame.

Advice to Management

Don't ask employees for ideas and then shoot them down. Don't mislead employees. It's almost 2015--get with it.