The LDS Matchmaker Reviews | Glassdoor

The LDS Matchmaker Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2018

4.3
  1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at The LDS Matchmaker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They promote work life balance and integrity and you get to do something that is really meaningful!

Cons

It's hard not to want to work all the time because it doesn't feel like work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

The LDS Matchmaker2018-06-18
  2. "Great Job!"

Former Employee - Matchmaker in Sandy, UT

I worked at The LDS Matchmaker full-time

Pros

I had the wonderful opportunity to work at The LDS Matchmaker with some amazing people. The staff is great, you quickly love what you do, and there is no everyday grind because the work is so dynamic. The best part about the job was entering a culture I never knew existed! The professional training you receive is second to none because the owner is very knowledgeable in the ways of business and relating to people.... Honestly my life took a paradigm shift working here and I would highly recommend this job to anyone who wants to be better and make a difference in other people's lives. Pessimists, naysayers, and incompetent attitudes need not apply! A perk to working at a company known for helping people fall in love, is that you are often the center of attention wherever you mention your career. And with what you learn from the management and other staff you can feel confident in that position. I never felt boastful but I felt proud of what I had become with my time here.

Cons

There aren't any cons that bothered me. People who like static jobs and aren't self starters would not like working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys! I hope you keep making a huge difference in the lives of everyone you meet.

The LDS Matchmaker2018-05-31
  3. "Come what may, and love it!"

Current Employee - Dating Consultant

I have been working at The LDS Matchmaker part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to spend your day helping people find more confidence in themselves You get to see people change and grow into who they want to be Clients trust you enough to open up about their life story, their hopes and dreams, and fears The co-workers love working together to problem solve and share ideas on how we can help clients succeed

Cons

Clients can sometimes be a challenge when they are not open to change or take advice

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

The LDS Matchmaker2017-11-28
  4. "The LDS Matchmaker is an amazing company"

I worked at The LDS Matchmaker part-time

Pros

It is so fun and fulfilling to help people find love. The owner is extremely flexible and understanding of the needs of employees and truly cares about their situation. They have a very generous commission plan that rewards employees and I always felt incentivized to success

Cons

The industry is very challenging to work in. Many clients have very high expectations and take out their frustrations on you about dating. It got too hard for me to handle when I had my own challenges I was dealing with. Because the culture is flexible and fun, there tends to be some employees who take advantage of it and seem entitled. There were some employee issues and the owner seemed reluctant to let go of... certain employees who were causing the problems because everyone was friends.

Advice to Management

Let go of those who are having performance problems sooner. It seemed like they dragged on and you gave them too many chances. This was frustrating to me.

The LDS Matchmaker2017-02-28
  5. "Matchmaker- Coach -Online Dating specialist"

I worked at The LDS Matchmaker

Pros

Pros: The CEO is great at hiring talented people Flexibility to work from home CEO is really passionate about the company

Cons

CONS: The CEO is great at hiring talented people but after awhile employees end up leaving. Most employees have left because they weren't getting paid commissions from the company. (8) employees came and went in the span of time I worked there A common "joke" or comment made by CEO and CFO (husband and wife) is that they are afraid they won't make payroll On multiple occasions more than one credit card was... declined when trying to purchase items for the company The CEO has "Favorites". Favorites are ranked on the company website. The closer an employee is to the CEO and CFO the more "popular" that employee is. This is a common practice and is known among all employees CEO speaks poorly about other employees to employees The business is run out of CEO and CFO's home. The HOA doesn't allow homeowners to run businesses out of their home.

Advice to Management

Don't gossip or complain about your employees to other employees Good luck with your twins!

The LDS Matchmaker2016-09-25

The LDS Matchmaker Response

June 18, 2018CEO

The claims made by this previous employee are untrue. This employee was let go from the company and has used small pieces of certain situations to exaggerate and fabricate stories with the intent to make the company look bad. Here is some additional information about the claims she has made: 1. The “gossip” that the owner is being accused of is in reference to true performance issues that were discussed in confidence with this employee about a another team member as it related to this employee’s job because it affected her role and was necessary in order for her to do her job. She was asking specific questions about how to handle situations with clients when the other team member was not performing. 2. The credit card being declined was a one time incident and was after a large purchase on the business credit card that was in the process of being paid off to make room for new purchases. 3. The owners have always been transparent about the fact that working for a small company, the ratio of incoming revenue must be enough to cover employee salaries and fixed costs in order for employees to keep their jobs. This is the case with all companies, no matter what size. 4. Our commission policy is very generous for the industry. All earned commissions have always been paid out per the policy guidelines. If staff members were not paid commissions it was because the guidelines were not met and they know this and this was discussed with them personally. 5. Because our client levels tend to fluctuate, the Company frequently utilizes part time and contract staff, who do “come and go” because they often have other opportunities that turn into full time, regular work with benefits, so they don’t always stay with us. However, many of these team members return later and work for us again because they enjoy what they do for us and are already trained. 6. The business was run out of the owner’s home for a short time, which was was actually approved by the city and HOA - you can find public record of this. This happened directly after the lease was up on a previous location and the owner had a high risk pregnancy, and had a hard time leaving the house. After the owner had premature twins and was in the hospital for heart failure, and the babies were in NICU, she recovered fully and the employees were able to work from home for a time, the Company then transitioned to Executive office space in Sandy, Utah where we continue to reside. The space is fabulous. 7. Our employees are ranked by their level of responsibility in our organization on our website and the likelihood of our customers working with them. Our favorite employees are the ones who do their job well and serve our clients at the highest level and we hope that is all of them! The LDS Matchmaker has hundreds of success stories and amazing staff that will help you find love. We invite you to find out for yourself who we are and what we can do for you. We would love to provide a free consultation to address your questions and share how we can help! Call us at 801.495.1000!

Found 5 reviews