The Lacek Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Baker

1. "Fantastic company through and through!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Lacek Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt that there was a great onboarding process as well as offboarding. There also seems to be plenty of opportunities for advancement if you are good at what you do. This is a great organization with smart, kind employees.

Cons

As a contractor, my contract did get extended multiple times, but by the time they had a full-time position available for me, I had already accepted a full time position at another company.

Advice to Management

It may be beneficial to have contract employees attend the team meetings - I was working very closely on projects, but did not attend these meetings.

Oct 11, 2016 – HR Representative

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. We always look for ways to improve employee satisfaction (including our contractors), and input like yours helps us accomplish this objective. We're ... More

2. "Great culture, great people, great benefits... Pay... Meh!"

Former Employee - Interactive Art Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Interactive Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Lacek Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Lacek are great on all levels! From intern to exec, everyone is very laid back. They also take notice of hard work and it is rewarded. Work is great and they are open to all voices... Very talented and creative agency, no micromanaging! Great benefits too.

Cons

As echoed in previous reviews, pay can be under scale for the market (but is a bit made up for in exclusive perks), and promotions are tough to come by... Takes a while to move up the ladder. I believe this bottleneck comes mostly from the Ogilvy/WPP bean-counters.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of talent there, promote the good ones before they decide to find another opportunity... And keep doing what you are doing!

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

We’re glad you enjoyed your experience at TLG; thanks for sharing your thoughts. We continuously strive to build competitive benefits and promote creativity in our work environment, so it’s great to ... More

"Look elsewhere!"

Former Employee - Database Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Database Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

none. maybe the beer cart that rolls around every once in a while. oh, and for sure the parking situation downtown.... NOT! plan on paying around $50 per week to park.

Cons

My experience with Lacek was a joke. They will throw you in the deep end with next to zero training, and expect long hours. If you have a family DO NOT consider working here. If you are single and looking to sleep around to get ahead, then by all means, go for it. They will butter you up and make it sound like it's too good to be true during the interview, then their true colors come out once you are hired. If you are not inner circle at this company, you are considered to be recyclable. Again, worst experience of my life and I have been with several solid companies. Even left one after they recruited me to join. WTF was I thinking! Two thumbs down!

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter. Only a matter of time before this company implodes.

Oct 15, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback about The Lacek Group. As company with a 20+ year history in the Twin Cities, we work hard every day to create a happy workplace, where people are given the ... More

5. "Great atmosphere, slow to promote"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Lacek Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great teams. Focus on hiring quality candidates.

Cons

Slow company growth, not enough opportunities for advancement. Imbalance of work done to recognition earned. Salary increases are always slow, small, and delayed. Sub-par employees are not dealt with in any efficient manner.

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your review. After receiving similar feedback from employees, we have updated our performance review methods and have found that our employees are enjoying the new process. Feedback like ... More

6. "Good workplace"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at The Lacek Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid back, flexible, thoughtful

Cons

Difficult to grow in career

Advice to Management

be more mindful of employee needs in terms of salary

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve employee satisfaction, and input like yours genuinely helps us focus on our employee’s needs. We encourage you to reach out to ... More

7. "Review of The Lacek Group"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at The Lacek Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great co-workers, growth

Cons

Not enough internal opportunities for growth

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your review. Feedback like yours truly helps us determine what we’re doing well and where we can improve. As with all employees, we encourage you to check in with your manager or mentor ... More

"What a great group of people that make this a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The Lacek Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that truly care about their colleagues. Experts in their fields and willing to share information. Management and HR are interested in and willing to tailor your environment to suit your style and needs.

Cons

Not really a downside, but given the opportunity to work directly with their large-cap clients and the clients' respective big data, there are security policies and other client requirement hurdles that must be endured.

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your review! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time at TLG. We are always looking for ways to promote employee satisfaction, so we welcome your continued feedback.

9. "Salary increases/reviews are majorly delayed"

I have been working at The Lacek Group full-time

Pros

Many fun co-workers, nice benefits, soda machine is .20/soda, work is generally interesting, there is a "work with no-ego" culture so it is a very team oriented work environment, most higher-ups are accessible to talk to.

Cons

Lacek is owned by parent company Ogilvy which is owned by parent company WPP, so there is a lot of red tape when it comes to salary increases or getting new technology. Many employees at Lacek have to wait a year+, after a review/promotion for it to go into effect, and raises are not retroactive nor generous. Everyone that has left over the last year has had major salary increases at their new jobs which is frustrating to hear for those who stay.

Advice to Management

Instead of rolling out of a new misguided career development program, pushing back on our parent companies to actually deliver salary increases to your employees in a timely manner would be much more efficient and appreciated.

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take pride in our friendly, collaborative culture, so it’s nice to hear your positive impressions. Also, we recently revised and improved our ... More

10. "Great Place to work at"

I have been working at The Lacek Group full-time

Pros

Great Work Environment and cutlture

Cons

Infrequent reviews and below average IT support

Advice to Management

Improve HR and frequency of performance reviews

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We’re glad to hear that you enjoy the culture at TLG! We’re happy to report that we recently revised and improved our performance review process —please ... More

11. "Good for now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Relaxed work environment, casual dress code, nice staff

Cons

Poorly defined career paths, poor management feedback--there is very little org wide training that ever takes place, very little career management advice given or opportunities for advancement publicized

Advice to Management

The casual environment is appreciated but it is difficult to see myself working at lacek longterm because there is not much clarity provided regarding how employees can better contribute and advance within the company.

Oct 28, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for this feedback. As part of our new performance review program, employees have the opportunity to discuss their career path and development plan with their manager starting in their first ... More