The Lasik Vision Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Ben Cook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's nice to have work/ life balance, and make a great living (in 4 reviews)

• Opportunity to make phenomenal income (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • very demanding schedule, center managers are essentially on call at all times with regards to patient care/follow up (in 9 reviews)

• Overworked, under paid, no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Center Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is an amazing place to work for and really value their employees.

Cons

Upper management needs more overseeing. There are a lot of illegal and unethical practices being used.

Advice to Management

When you find an employee who is making you money and making the company look good, you should really value them more.

2. "Ophthalmic technician"

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Carrollton, TX

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The surgeon was awesome to work with

Cons

Poor corporate decisions and little appreciation for hard workers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees complaints and grow by fixing them

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Plantation, FL

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, if you can get 40 hours n

Cons

Pressure from Corporate, Managers who are hired from other industries, knowing nothing about ophthalmology. Putting young girls that have no idea how to talk to people or treat them in Assistant Manager and Manager positions.

Advice to Management

Corporate, take time to hire the right managers, not just anyone because you can't get anyone. Treat your employees with respect. If you have a problem, speak to them with respect, do not badger them, attack them verbally and not allow them to talk. You then create a hostile environment and people leave the position. That's why you can't keep people. They are afraid of loosing their jobs and the environment is unstable.

"Great Company and Leadership"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't tell you how happy I am with my job! I almost didn't take the job based on the reviews on here, but I really liked the people who interviewed me and I took a chance. It's nice to have work/ life balance, and make a great living. We get Sunday's and Monday's off, so I am able to go to appointments during the week, and not miss work. We have an administrative day on Thursday's, where we don't see patients, and we get to get caught up on administrative duties ( and dress casual). Goals are achieveable, and bonuses and commission are great...They don't skimp on paying their people . LVI wants to attract and retain the best talent. LVI offers monthly bonuses for ALL of the staff, and not just sales. When we achieve monthly goal, they pay for us to go to lunch....We go out for sushi almost every month. They also have monthly and quarterly contests to keep it fun. The surgeons, nurses, and doctors, are the best in the industry,. I like that they are contracted, so the patients are truly getting an unbiased, medical opinion. Corporate listens!!!! OMG....What a concept. Whenever I have a concern, it gets addressed. My boss is amazing. She thanks me for my hard work, is there when I need her, and supports me. We don't have a lot of unnecessary conference calls or busy paper work. I can not tell you how much I appreciate that about the company. They value my time. I love that I work for the largest provider of LASIK in the country, and that we have the most advanced technology. I like being on the winning team;) We are growing too!

Cons

You must be driven, up beat, organized, flexible, have stamina, and a true passion to help others. If you are okay with mediocrity, this job may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"unorganized chaos"

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time

Pros

Benefits and vacation time available

Cons

Inexperienced corporate management and policies change daily

Advice to Management

Honesty and Integrity are the best policy

"Regional Candidates Beware"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Trainer
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Trainer

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company invest by onboarding Consultants & Managers with a 5-11 day training in the corporate office. Lily in training is a solid player. You will learn a lot from her.

Cons

The recruiter was dishonest during salary negotiations, company performance & location of position. The company was not willing to honor my offer after training began.

Advice to Management

I would immediately increase Communication between the Regional Team & Recruiters. I would also invest in recruiters with integrity. Lastly, I would honor my agreements with my employees.

"Run the other way"

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time

Pros

The staff is knowledgeable

Cons

Regional manager is demeaning, lies, and makes people feel bad. He has favorites.

Advice to Management

None. They have been given feedback but chooses not to listen.

"Great Company With Great Leadership. Feel good, have fun and make money!"

Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to do good and feel good and make good money. My direct supervisor as well as others I've come in contact with are fun and knowledgeable and truly care about helping me and my employees do more for ourselves and the company.

Cons

Lots of work and time commitment. The job is easy however what makes it difficult is not having proper staffing. We need more employees to be able to do bigger and better things. Many of my coworkers work hard but they can't win because they don't have the right amount of staff to support all we want to do. We need more doctors and a better recruiting department. Growth opportunities seem to be fading away and lots of new people are coming in. Upper management seems to be made up of all men.

Advice to Management

Get with the times, it's okay to ask for more but you must provide the tools and the recognition. All sales positions in all companies are commission and bonus based and you can 'make as much as you want' HOWEVER most great sales companies also motivate their employees with extra incentives to make them want to give more. Good comp but not enough to attract top notch talent. GET A STAFFING AGENCY TO HELP YOU FIND QUALIFIED PERSONNEL.

"Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money, fun team members (depending on location), competitive

Cons

NO development once starting position, no positive reinforcement, LONG hours, no managerial support or corporate support, no mention of promotional opportunities, unorganized corporate leadership, no communication, constantly changing corporate structure, no adaptation to present day technology, OLD a-- POS SYSTEMS

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR MANAGERS/TEAM MEMBERS. we often have great ideas, but you are so stuck on "the way it has always been", you will never grow. RECOGNIZE and appreciate your staff.... daily ops is not easy, and most people put in more than 60 hours/week to constantly hear "not good enough", etc. if you take care of your employees they will in turn do better jobs. work on work/life balance for your staff members, more flexible schedules. SET THEM UP WITH STAFF!! I cannot understand why HR will not hire anyone. More managerial support, better communication from top - down of company

"RUN...not worth the time or stress!"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits, wonderful employees to work with. This company is great to work for, offering opportunity and room for professional growth.

Cons

Center manager is unprofessional and verbally abusive. Likes her ego stroked and often uses humiliation upon her employees to enforce discipline. Inconsistent with rules and basically makes them up as she goes...

Advice to Management

Management needs to be replaced. The way she runs the office operations costs company more money than necessary because people either quit or get fired too often!