The Lasik Vision Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Ben Cook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's nice to have work/ life balance, and make a great living (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, good staff (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • very demanding schedule, center managers are essentially on call at all times with regards to patient care/follow up (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management needs more overseeing (in 7 reviews)

1. "Certified Ophthalmic Tech Orlando"

Current Employee - Certified Ophthalmic Assistant in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Ophthalmic Assistant in Maitland, FL

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good company to work for wonderful staff and Management I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career or a stable place to work for. Endless opportunities for growth.Excellent benefits very rewarding salary , work and home life balance. The training has gotten 100% better. If you are a Tech and your looking for the chance to boost your skills and the opportunity to travel this is the company for you. Hard work is acknowledged and rewarding. Wouldn’t want to work for another company.

Cons

I currently don’t have to many cons at this time. How ever if I was asked this question 9 months ago it would have had a completely different response.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the changes you have made in the past 6 months or more and you will continue to have dedicated employees with a passion to grow with a s successful organizations such as yours. I am honored to be a part of the Orlando team for the past 15 months.

2. "PCC at LVI in Chicago"

Current Employee - PCC in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - PCC in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my patients and my work family! Working with and for the LASIK Vision Institute is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I look forward to going to work everyday. I enjoy helping my community by translating and giving the gift of sight.

Cons

Working the occasional Sundays bothered me but seeing patient outcomes after 1-day post-ops makes it worthwhile.

Advice to Management

Keep up with continuing education. We learn a lot!

"Not a great experience"

Former Employee - Center Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Center Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers at the center, good health benefits, great trainer down at corporate.

Cons

Upper management’s demands for high sales and their lack of integrity to get those sales. I was asked numerous times by regional management to lie to get the sale. There is also no consistency between locations. Each center runs things differently and there seem to be different rules for different center based on your relationship with upper management.

Advice to Management

When working in patient care, the patient’s needs should come first. Each center is always short staffed and upper management was constantly begging for anyone and everyone to travel at the last minute.

"Overall a good place to work"

Pros

Supportive management. Options to travel to other centers to help. Pay was good. I worked with a fun team.

Cons

Not enough staff available to cover patient load. Other centers we constantly asking for people to come help as well. Patients complained about extremely long wait times because of it. Yet company refused to hire more staff. No continuing education.

"Mostly great but some limitations"

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time

Pros

The Brookfield office was great however each office is managed differently. The Office manager was smart, helpful, great with customers and staff. Good pay, good benefits, good staff. GREAT schedule.

Cons

Each office is managed differently so I heard rumors about other offices with poor managers or a new manager every 3 months. Corporate office places some unnecessary restrictions like corporate approval to order supplies like pens, paper, etc.

Advice to Management

Corporate office should trust the local managers more if that specific manager has a proven record of success.

"Ophthalmic Medical Assistant"

I have been working at The Lasik Vision Institute part-time

Pros

Great schedule if looking for part time. Decent pay, bonuses.

Cons

Management disregards employee complaints, allows unprofessional doctors to continue to work, hostile work environment, not paid for holidays like stayed in employee hand book. Schedule and expectations constantly change, huge turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, provide a safe working environment, give raises to dedicated employees . Pay employees additional hourly rate for traveling out of state for surgery help.

"Run Dont work here !!!"

Former Employee - Csr1 in West Palm Beach Farms, FL
    Former Employee - Csr1 in West Palm Beach Farms, FL

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people who work around you

Cons

Ilegal and unethical practices ... cutting peoples hours

Advice to Management

Good Luck !!!

"Center Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement. The company is an amazing place to work for and really value their employees.

Cons

Upper management needs more overseeing. There are a lot of illegal and unethical practices being used.

Advice to Management

When you find an employee who is making you money and making the company look good, you should really value them more.

9. "Ophthalmic technician"

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Carrollton, TX

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The surgeon was awesome to work with

Cons

Poor corporate decisions and little appreciation for hard workers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees complaints and grow by fixing them

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in Plantation, FL

I worked at The Lasik Vision Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, if you can get 40 hours n

Cons

Pressure from Corporate, Managers who are hired from other industries, knowing nothing about ophthalmology. Putting young girls that have no idea how to talk to people or treat them in Assistant Manager and Manager positions.

Advice to Management

Corporate, take time to hire the right managers, not just anyone because you can't get anyone. Treat your employees with respect. If you have a problem, speak to them with respect, do not badger them, attack them verbally and not allow them to talk. You then create a hostile environment and people leave the position. That's why you can't keep people. They are afraid of loosing their jobs and the environment is unstable.