The Learning Experience Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
The Learning Experience Founder, Chairman and CEO Richard Weissman
Richard Weissman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The place is very clean, and decorated to make children and families happy" (in 5 reviews)

• "Working with children, supply of monthly curriculum, meeting wonderful families, and relationship with coworkers" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Under paid for the amount of work" (in 5 reviews)

• "Low pay and no benefits for the amount of work you do" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great job"

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

Good pay and good co workers

Cons

Not able to move up

2. "My review is good."

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children of course! Watching them grow one by one. The staff here are kind and always make sure the children are learning and well tended to. Most of the parents are very welcoming and very kind too. Our director is very sweet and kind as well.

Cons

I’m not too fond of the curriculum. In my own opinion, 20 years of working with children, I’ve always made age-appropriate activities for them. This is the first place I’ve worked at that has their own lesson plans but most of the lessons are not age appropriate.

Lack of communication and management paperwork needs work. Perhaps training from an organizer or someone who can help how to professionally manage a business. It’s always ok to ask for help!

Advice to Management

In the most respectful way, Hire a professional organizer or someone who is experienced in running a business who can help out. They’re doing a great job but it’s tough to tend to the staff, the families and children.

3. "Floater"

Former Employee - Floater in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Floater in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, friendly boss, and hour long lunch breaks.

Cons

The franchise management was not very ethical and cut corners when they could - like not hiring an effective cleaning crew, making employees clean under the pretext that "the cleaning crew didn't come or did a poor job" even though it was not our responsibility, there was a lack of honesty and the management would tell you one thing but do another, the facility did not recycle, and they had very unhealthy lunch options for the children. (However, lunch is optional and parents pay extra for it.)

4. "Don't work here"

Current Employee - Twaddler Teacher in Parkville, MD
    Current Employee - Twaddler Teacher in Parkville, MD

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice building good great kids and family

Cons

This building is full of drama the management does not stand behind their staff comes up with reasons and reactions as to why you can't get a raise over 3 years

Advice to Management

Treat the staff as if your family and friends don't stab them in the back don't believe the lies of other staff members that are being told

"Understaffed, underpaid, undervalued"

Current Employee - Floater in Centereach, NY
    Current Employee - Floater in Centereach, NY

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Coworkers (non-managerial) were on the same page, compassionate / friendly, and helpful. 2) Children are cute.

Cons

The management is worse than I've experienced in lesser-off countries. It's run by someone who certainly has narcissistic personality disorder. Every teacher / caregiver has been verbally / psychologically abused by the manager which has caused a high turnover rate. Children are constantly crying and there's too much discipline-to-play ratio going on. The pay is also only minimum wage.

Advice to Management

If you're going to expect so much from your employees, you need to pay them a living wage with fewer children and a more-stable schedule.

"I hated it"

Former Employee - Prep Cook in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Learning Experience part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None this was a terrible

Cons

This was a job as a prep cook...there were no ovens, only microwaves, I didn't get a break during 6 hour shifts and o only got paid 10 an hour

"Terrible franchisor and careless toward franchisees"

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

Good program for kids and great characters

Cons

The owner of the TLE headquarters is a terrible person who threataned and lied to several franchisees and ruined many people's lives

Advice to Management

Run!

"Options"

I have been working at The Learning Experience part-time

Pros

All the children are a great group and community. The teachers and parents are amazing too, The best thing about working at TLE are the wonderful children who love to learn, who love you and connect with you as a teacher, and how you teach matters to them and helps them learn a lot. The teachers are a good group too who work together well and help the children learn and grow into good human beings and students.

Cons

The management has some communication problems. The owner isn't there often and isn't considerate about the staff and the changes the staff wants. The owner doesn't offer many benefits and options to grow even to the staff that's been working there for a long time.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between the staff, owner, and parents. All the staff should know any rules and regulations that have changed or any events that are coming up. All the staff should know what is going on since we are all part of the same team and we are all working together. When there are changes to be made, results should be seen. Problems should be solved in a timely manner and not worsen.

9. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Georgetown, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented and amazing staff. They have supportive administrations team.

Cons

Can’t think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what y’all do! You’re AMAZING!

10. "This is a great atmosphere to work in"

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Milford, MA

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love all the characters that are incorporated in teaching the children in a variety areas of learning. My bosses are so understanding and helpful. Great place to work!

Cons

Wish some of the benefits were better

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in making us feel appreciated