The Learning Experience Reviews

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

160.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=The Learning Experience~335767
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and huge turn over rate(in 41 reviews)
  • "Low pay regardless your education/experience. Rude management/corporate. Do not care about kids well being.... It's only about $$ for them.(in 39 reviews)
  • "No benefits like insurance.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Long hours in a day(in 14 reviews)
  • "Poor communication(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Learning Experience and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Excellence In Preschool Education

Apr 4, 2022 - Area Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Learning Experience is a company that is passionate about early childhood education. The curriculum is amazing, detailed, and includes teaching children Spanish, Mandarin, Sign Language, and Enrichment. The corporate office has designed a curriculum that is detailed and easy for teachers to follow. The schools are clean, the environment is fun, and the TLE spirit is contagious. As an Area Manager I get to travel to different schools and meet different people. The corporate office staff is always looking to help and answer questions throughout the day. There is a lot of training and a tremendous amount of support. If you are passionate about working with children this is a fantastic company to start your career.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

The Learning Experience Response

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at The Learning Experience. We’re committed to giving all our employees a platform to display their talents, share their ideas, and further their careers in early childhood education. We’re more than happy you found this to be the case during your employment, and cannot thank you enough for recommending The Learning Experience to other passionate educators. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies I have ever worked for.

May 11, 2022 - Product Manager in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people culture is refreshing and much need after many years of working for companies that do not walk the talk. I feel the leadership team is solid in their message to the employees. They make coming to the office exciting and fun again. Personally, I feel I have one of the best teams in the building however I see many other employees feel the same way about their teams. Working here has provided me with the work and personal life balance I was looking for.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say about this company.

The Learning Experience Response

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at The Learning Experience. We stand for “Happy Happens Here” for all our little learners, their families, and our staff members and feedback like yours keeps us motivated to provide a work environment that is supportive, flexible, and fun. Thank you for being part of our TLE HQ team. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall a Great Place for Early Educators to Work

May 22, 2022 - Lead Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Higher hourly wages than other similar positions - Opportunities for growth and movement between classrooms - Child care discounts for employee children - Respectful, supportive families who are engaged and excited to be a partner in their child's early learning - Positive co-worker relationships - Multiple directors at each location to support staff and students - Paid time off for vacation and illness - Directors available to hear concerns, even if changes aren't able to be made - Well stocked classrooms with top quality toys and educational products (Lakeshore Learning, etc.) - Both outdoor (two playgrounds) and indoor (play gym) opportunities for gross motor outside of the classroom

Cons

- Some corporate-directed requirements that do not align with developmentally-appropriate, best practices - Limited flexibility for time off without over two weeks of notice

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

My 2nd Family

Apr 8, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with TLE for over 7 years and love what I do! The company has grown so much in that time, and it keeps growing thus opening up continuous opportunities for internal growth. Throughout the pandemic our CEO kept the entire company focused on the positive and our recovery. He encouraged and challenged all of us to bring that vision to life. I strongly believe that without that guidance and our team, we would not have bounced back the way we did. We opened up over 40 new centers in 2020 and 2021!! When you walk into the office it feels like home, like your second family. We all know that families have ups and downs, but at the end of the day we are one team ... we work through issues, we talk, we laugh, we debate, we joke, we research, and most importantly, we respect each other. Every week we introduce all new employees through a company-wide email, in addition to celebrating an employee's birthday, anniversary, and other special events. We have an entire department focused on an employee's experience and training. We say that Happy Happens Here ... and I couldn't agree more!!

Cons

At this time - none. If there was, why would I work there??

The Learning Experience Response

It is not every day that we receive great feedback like yours. But trust us, when we say that it does not go unnoticed. We're so happy to have you as part of our TLE family for all these years.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Happy Truly Happens At The Learning Experience!

Apr 25, 2022 - Senior Vice President Operations in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at TLE is unlike anywhere else. I have been here for more than five years and it truly gets better and better. TLE holds true to it's core values and encourages team work and collaboration, and really wants to make a difference in the communities that we serve. We do this by giving back monthly in every school, and then annually in April we do a large fundraising event for Make A Wish. We don't micro manage, and work hard to listen to our employees and franchisees and make positive changes, where we need to.

Cons

Benefits are great. The culture is amazing. The only thing I think we could continue to improve is the car mileage program. And it's not bad. It's just the only thing I think could continue to use improvement.

The Learning Experience Response

Thank you for this thoughtful review. We're so happy that your experience working at The Learning Experience has been such a wonderful journey and we're excited for many more Happy years to come.

6. 3.0

Review

May 17, 2022 - Lead Preschool Teacher in Murfreesboro, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Of course being able to teach the kiddos and seeing them everyday is an absolute pro. The parents are also pleasant to work with as well. The curriculum at TLE is already laid out for you for every single month and it’s very easy to follow. I particularly like their basis and layout for academics and the technology for kids to be able to learn more

Cons

There is a high turnover rate, so we have a lot of unreliability as far as staffing, and based on that is how the day will run and it’s an inconvenience to have to constantly pick up another person’s slack

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Believe in TLE!

Apr 29, 2022 - Franchise Regional Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The curriculum is hands down the best! I have worked for every major ECE childcare and TLE has the best curriculum! I love working for a Franchise Owner, she is what makes it great! The HQ Regional Managers are very knowledgeable and friendly! Love the children, parents and staff! Our staff are game changers!

Cons

HQ doesn't give as much communication about new initiatives or training on new systems they have developed or rolled out. Franchise schools are told by HQ Field Leaders "Look in TLE Station". That's not supportive or helpful at all! The lack of communication is confusing especially when something new comes out and then an audit or HQ visit happens and they expect the field to know but haven't communicated or provided proper training.

The Learning Experience Response

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at The Learning Experience. We’re committed to giving all our employees a platform to display their talents, share their ideas and further their careers in early childhood education. Feedback like yours plays a major role in finding opportunities to even further create a work environment that is supportive, flexible and fun. We would like to let you know that we have taken the good and bad elements you mentioned in your review to heart. We stand for “Happy Happens Here” for all our little learners, their families and our staff members. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com

8. 5.0

People-centric Culture: my TLE Team

May 2, 2022 - Regional Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The buzz phrase "work-life blend" is the perfect way to describe my experience with my TLE Family. I can represent myself as a professional human, not having to set life aside for work, or work aside for life. Work/life can be fluid if you are doing what you love and have a leader that can support that.

Cons

Cons for The Learning Experience can be identified, just as they are in any other company. What we do better than any others, is identify the issue and deal with it, or use it as an opportunity to grow in.

The Learning Experience Response

Thanks for your positive review! We stand for “Happy Happens Here” for all our little learners, their families and our staff members and feedback like yours keeps us motivated to provide a work environment that is supportive, flexible and fun. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com Wishing you a great day!

9. 5.0

Above & Beyond

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything! Finally found a company to work for who values their employees, is very supportive, positive, and really goes above and beyond to ensure the work environment is ideal. TLE's mission, vision, and values are true to their core. They truly do care about their employees, customers, child care centers, curriculum, and communities.

Cons

There really are not any cons. First time I can truly say that about a company.

1 person found this review helpful

The Learning Experience Response

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your experience working at The Learning Experience. We’re committed to giving all our employees a platform to display their talents, share their ideas and further their careers in early childhood education. We’re more than happy you found this to be the case during your employment, and cannot thank you enough for recommending The Learning Experience to other passionate educators like you. We stand for “Happy Happens Here” for all our little learners, their families and our staff members and feedback like yours keeps us motivated to provide a work environment that is supportive, flexible and fun. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!

Apr 25, 2022 - Franchise Sales Associate in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about my career so far here at The Learning Experience. From the staff and family here to the amenities and benefits they provide here, everything is at the upmost highest standards. The World Headquarters office where we all work is always clean and full of happy people. If you have the chance to work here, do it!

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

The Learning Experience Response

This is truly encouraging to hear - thanks so much for sharing. We strive to provide a work environment that is supportive, flexible, and fun. If there is anything else we can support you with, please reach out to us at people@tlecorp.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 472 Reviews

The Learning Experience Reviews FAQs

The Learning Experience has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 478 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at The Learning Experience to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Learning Experience employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Learning Experience. This rating has improved by 46% over the last 12 months.

72% of The Learning Experience employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Learning Experience 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Learning Experience to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with The Learning Experience Job Seekers