The Learning Experience Employee Reviews about "tle"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

160.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=The Learning Experience~335767
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and huge turn over rate(in 43 reviews)
  • "Low pay regardless your education/experience. Rude management/corporate. Do not care about kids well being.... It's only about $$ for them.(in 35 reviews)
  • "No benefits like insurance.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Long hours in a day(in 11 reviews)
  • "My old manager was big on favoritism she gave all of her friends who were all new comers raises.(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Learning Experience and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "tle"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Jul 30, 2021 - Contract Installer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people work at TLE! The workers are like a family and it's so easy to work for a company that has your back like TLE

Cons

I cannot think of one single con for working for TLE. They continuously show me time and again that they are a company I can trust

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

love working here

Nov 1, 2021 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at TLE for the last 2 years and have enjoyed my time with the company immensely! Managment is great and the company culture is warm and welcoming.

Cons

The pay of being a preschool teacher could definitely be better.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Part time, no benefits

Sep 3, 2021 - Teacher Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at TLE for a few months which is a new building/business.. The area is convenient for me and I get along with others.

Cons

No benefits. Schedule changes every week. Turnover of staff is fast, which makes work difficult at times.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most unprofessional please I ever worked

Sep 5, 2021 - Teaching Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The children are the cutest and the sweetest Being able to come in and work with the kids every day

Cons

The cons are pretty large, there was a lot of unprofessional staff. I worked there for a couple months and after I had a problem with a teacher I was working with I decided to quit because nothing was being done. A staff member in the building called me and my sister on the school phone, while school was active and threatened to fight us. My sister and I both didn’t work for TLE at that point we were both people who came to TLE to pick up someone we both babysit for. We ended up feeling so uncomfortable that this person was working there that we would just pick him up a couple feet away or on the corner of the street. She still actively works at TLE after calling two people who pick up children at that school and threatened to fight us, that goes to show you how professional the people at the top are.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love my new job!

Mar 17, 2021 - Lead Teacher in South Lyon, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The directors at TLE are supportive and encouraging. The teachers are amazing, they care for all the kids and do their jobs with integrity.

Cons

We need more awesome teachers!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Large company, high values

Oct 16, 2020 - Teacher in Nazareth, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

TLE is a great place to work for if you have no education experience or degree but you love working with children. It’s a higher end daycare that focuses on educating the children ages 0-school age.

Cons

Since you are working with children, there is a lot of liability factors involved. TLE has there own rules/protocols on top of the State’s regulations. It can be stressful having to follow and keep up with all of the protocols.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best boss I ever had!!!!!

Dec 7, 2019 - Infant Lead Teacher in Manasquan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for other daycare centers in the Manasquan area and none compares to TLE of Manasquan! The director/owner treats employees and families with respect and compassion, all the time. Krystyn Gallant is the best boss I have ever had, and I've had many! The school is full of love, it is a stress free work environment. I highly recommend working in the Manasquan center.

Cons

Can't think of a single one!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent facility

Sep 4, 2019 - Teacher in Nocatee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful director, always accessible, sense of community among employees, who are treated with respect. Interesting work environment, committed to the kids.

Cons

Location? But it’s worth the drive! TLE is the best-kept secret in the area; you’d love it.

9. 1.0

"Family" Business

Sep 28, 2019 - Teacher in Georgetown, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upon being hired at TLE I was welcomed with lots of smiles, love and a seemingly positive and uplifting work atmosphere. The teachers there are all kind, caring and willing to do what it takes to add to the team. They truly care about the children they work with and the well being of their coworkers.

Cons

After being employed at TLE for several months their "true colors" began to show. The admin team is made up of 5 people whom are friends and family. With this came a lot of unbalanced and very unprofessional situations (partying with the owners, unwanted personal information trying to be weaseled out of me, etc ) we as employees were placed in. Their admin team severely lacks honest communication, discipline, a true concern for their employees well being, respect for themselves and these who they manage. They say they want to create a family environment, but what I felt more of was "you pretend to be happy, or else.". As their Summer Camp 2019 leader I was placed in many situations where I had more children than I could manage, fights and violent/disruptive children remainder without consequences who constantly left my class and myself as a teacher, caregiver and protector feeling uneasy and unsafe while at school. Admin did not support me, nor my class as we needed to have a successful and happy summer as they projected to their families. There were many situations throughout my time at TLE when I had many incidents involving climbing on furniture, throwing chairs/toys, screaming, hitting or spitting at teachers and other innocne children being hit/pushed/bitten/attacked by the same student(s) for months on end. Unfortunately the pattern began showing again that admin kids (whom are School Age) were coddled and seemingly above authority. When I attempted to address any concerns with admin I was simply laughed at, brushed off, or ignored. Pay is very low, as a lead/float I was making $10/hr without any benefits or insurance benefits. Their were many repairs and such that would never be completed due to "lack of time" from the owners. Employees personal/family emergency needs were often denied or you were pressured to remain at work to keep them happy.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee

Terrible franchisor and careless toward franchisees

Oct 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good program for kids and great characters

Cons

The owner of the TLE headquarters is a terrible person who threataned and lied to several franchisees and ruined many people's lives

2 people found this review helpful