KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

May 21, 2021 - IT Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to different technologies, business environments, and problems while having a great team to help you behind the scenes. A very diverse and fun team.

Cons

It's unclear how to level up or get promoted

The Linde Group, Inc Response

CEO

Thank you for you 5-star review. We're always aiming to be a great place to work and the number one way we are successful toward that goal is with the people we hire. As you note, our team is full of amazing people. Everyone helps everyone to grow and gain new skills. As for the lack of clarity on how to promoted, you're right. We need to do a much better job with that and I appreciate your honest feedback. Given the nature of how we work (with clients who come to us with different tech and different needs), it's not a trivial problem to solve. But I understand how frustrating it can be to not know what you need to do to level up. Thanks again for your feedback!

2. 5.0

Great!

Apr 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

No cons is a great place

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great management

Dec 7, 2019 - IT Consultant in Emeryville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Linde Group is a company run by ethics. In this world it is rare to find any business that is driven not by profit, not by passion for their product, but by their desire to make the world a better place. Peter Linde and the entire management staff cares deeply about making everything they touch at least a little bit better. The Linde Group takes a unique approach to IT consulting and I think they knock it out of the park. Because the company is driven by integrity, Peter is not afraid to let clients go or turn away business if he finds their morales disagreeable. This means that the consultants and staff are always working with clients that love us as much as we love them. Finally, the Linde Group is really good at trust. If you are a self-maker who likes to work hard and learn new things - this is the perfect place for you to work. The Linde Group will see your passion and will trust you with harder and harder challenges. Meanwhile, they try very hard to retain a staff who's entire job is to make sure you aren't too stressed out and set you up for success.

Cons

Consulting can be hard. It can sometimes mean driving a lot, it can sometimes mean inflexible hours, and it can sometimes mean feeling alone at a strange client. This is more of a critique against what it means to be a consultant - the Linde Group management team recognizes this and tries very, very hard to alleviate these stresses.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy Camper

Oct 29, 2019 - Senior IT Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• C-Level executives are approachable, easy to talk to and always willing to listen. The level at which they are involved and invested into the day-to-day affairs still surprises me, even given the size of the organization. I think that this is a perfect encapsulation of the dedication and continued efforts that they and everyone else shows into growing the organization. • The investment in each individual's professional growth shown by management. • Transparency and willingness to share details about direction, client engagements and items that are still a work in progress from management and C-Level executives.

Cons

• Some systems that are used internal are a bit cumbersome to use, but I do know that to my point above, these issues are known and being addressed. As others have noted, change takes time but managers and executives are aware of these areas for improvement. • Travel reimbursement to client sites tends to favor those with driving commutes vs. those that utilize public transportation and other options.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

My time at Linde Group

Jun 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Linde Group for over 2 years, and I was assigned clients primarily in San Francisco (with a few in the east bay as required). To call it out directly, I'm not a manager and am not affiliated with The Linde Group anymore. I've made some friends at work that I still keep in really close contact with, but other than that, I'm in no way associated. I've noticed a post here calling out some pretty alarming stuff, and just want to say that I have my doubts. I had a great experience with my managers and appreciated the amount of attention given to things often overlooked (like soft skills, presentations, etc.) I actually -appreciated- the fact that I could have someone look over a client-facing email prior to hitting send, and was encouraged to do so. I got a lot of really great experience, and learned a lot in some very complex environments (at some diverse clients). This experience led me away from Linde Group once I received an offer for a position I just couldn't turn down. Had I not been lured away I would still be happily working at the Linde Group

Cons

People mention the travel A LOT on here (a few posts referring to all-hands being a PITA to attend). There are lots of remote-oriented companies that don't have this dynamic, and it's a shame that people don't see the interaction w/ clients and colleagues as a plus, but it's worth calling out. People are frustrated by the commute to clients. Part of working at LG was a pretty up-front approach to where you'd be and the expectations that you'd be there.

3 people found this review helpful

The Linde Group, Inc Response

CEO

Thank you for writing this review. I appreciate you sticking up for us! :) With respect to travel and commute, we were already experimenting with remote work before the pandemic. We had employees in 3 states. Now, with the global acceptance of remote work, we have gone almost entirely remote. Before the pandemic, about 85% of our work was performed on client sites. Since the pandemic started, about 95% of our work is performed remotely and from home. We don't expect to go back to how it was once there is a vaccine. Thanks again, and if we could lure you back, we would! I know you're out there doing great things!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Review

Jul 30, 2019 - Senior IT Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Linde Group people are individual and collectively caring, conscientious people. • Managers are encouraging in success and patient in the midst of opportunities for growth. • Co-workers are nice, helpful, and kind. • Linde Group is open to big ideas, changes, and opportunities when presented appropriately. • Linde Group doesn't just care about your work; they care about you as a person, family, etc. This is uncommon in IT and displayed in various ways. They pay well and want you to stick around.

Cons

• You have to be patient with grey areas. These can be difficult, but often worth it. • You have to be comfortable with switching gears often. This can be difficult, depending on personality. • You have to be flexible in the midst of change, as it is a constant.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great opportunity for IT professionals

Jan 15, 2020 - IT Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a super wide range of work that you can tackle while working at The Linde Group. You have people who are just diving into IT, and the Senior level coworkers with impressive experience in both consulting and technology. The best part about the job is that you will explore different environments, industries, and categories (project management, networking, asset management, etc.) all at once.

Cons

Few things: 1. Challenging to get a close bond with coworkers - as consultants, we are sent out to client sites and is difficult to have face-to-face chats with coworkers 2. Inflexibility in schedule - this is just a nature of consulting. Just something to note for anyone getting into consulting This is more of my personal work style that didn't match and not necessarily a con for The Linde Group.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great exsposure and horrid "leadership."

May 8, 2020 - Desktop Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can "break in" to the Tech world and get great exposure to different tools, software, and hardware. Clients in my time were cool. Employees are a mixed bag. Some are really awesome humans (most of those left) and the others are strange people. Your teammates will help you learn a lot! The team is a diverse team and empowers people of all backgrounds to be represented. That part is great!

Cons

From the top down there is a lot of micromanagement and games that get played. The CEO is a Salesmen first and loves to talk, talk, talk. You'll see a lot of people glad handling him. From my personal experience, he seems like he wants to do the right things but when the pavement hits the road, he turns his back on his word. The COO lovesssss playing games. If it isn't her idea, its not gonna fly. They're both stuck in how things were done in 2001 and can't adapt to fresh, new ideas. The "Team Managers" serve ZERO purpose other than micromanaging your commute times and work orders. They will offer very little in terms of training (was there 2 years and learned all on my own minus the ACSP they help with that). Most of the goods ones were fired or laid off. If you don't fall in line and dress how they like, act how they like or be how they like, you'll get nowhere. For as much as they claim they love diversity, if its not their brand of it, you'll get railroaded out.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A haven of caring humans!

May 31, 2019 - IT Consultant in Berkeley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for, if you get offered the job, take it! The C-Level management is caring and gracious, and the employee management seemed to always have the best intentions! - Good Benefits - Great Co-workers - Attentive Mangers - Great Clients - Easy to work for - Awesome Office Staff - Nice Location

Cons

The management style does not mesh with everyone. Some managers made you feel like the client was more important than the technician, my manager was awesome though! - Inflexible schedule - Slow hiring process - Lots of paperwork - Technical documentation was Inconsistent and hard to use

10. 3.0

50/50 Work Place

Mar 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with a lot of different clients and start up companies in the bay, Which is a great way to learn about different technologies and skills! Great opportunity to get your foot in the door and then venture out.

Cons

Super and over excessive micro management! The mangers really serve no purpose other than to guide the relationship you build with the clients, instead of you building true trust with them. None come from a tech background, so you better off asking other consultants. Some people are friendly but others and even managers have hidden agendas and put on this fake corporate smile to let your guard down. Feedback is very board and no clear explanation on what you need to improve! you do not receive feedback till like 4 months later. Clients will "claim" they like you but by the time you receive feedback and filtered through 6 people, all of sudden there are tons of problems. In addition to that, clients and even co workers will never be direct with you! People like to suck up to upper management as of way to either get a raise or further they personal agenda. I could ramble on but i will leave it at that!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews