The Little Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Stoll

Pros
  • They have relatively good pay and benefits but are slowly but surely chipping away at that (in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits, great business model (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They say it's a work life balance but I have yet to see that (in 4 reviews)

• No breaks, only 45-minute lunch and long hours in the workday (in 4 reviews)

"Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Charlestown, IN
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Charlestown, IN

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twelve hour shifts, salary, great first job, autonomy, set schedule, great benefits, PTO within ninety days, nice facilities, excellent support network

Cons

You work every other weekend. Difficult to take vacation at "normal" vacation times. Independent practice can be intimidating to a new provider.

Advice to Management

Use PRN employees to reduce weekend requirement

2. "Great experience for people interested in healthcare, but not feasible for permanent full time employment"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to be involved in a large part of what goes on in the clinic. The nurses are very helpful and want you to learn.

Cons

The pay is good if you are a HS graduate, but really poor if you are a college graduate.

Advice to Management

I know that my having a degree is one of the main reasons they hired me so quickly in this position. But, there is no salary scale for education. I know I was doing a better job than many of the other PCT's with only a high school education. And, I know several PCT's with Bachelor's degrees. If you are going to higher someone with higher education, you should pay them a living wage according to that level of education.

"Physician Assistant"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Litchfield Park, AZ
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Litchfield Park, AZ

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively easy job without taking your job home, unless you're a manager. No high acuity patients. No narcotics available at TLC. Most employees are paid weekly, which is awesome! Usually there are both full time and prn positions available for providers and pcts.

Cons

Emphasis on the PA/NP doing in store marketing. They often take your Pct/secretary if another clinic's PCT calls in and expect you to do two jobs and still see a lot of patients. Very few employees in one clinic, which can be good or bad. They acknowledge that this affects patient care, but won't do anything about it. You work in a grocery store, which is weird for any PA. Pay is less than the current market. Managers are paid monthly, which is awful. Not that many opportunities for raises or promotions. The job can be pretty boring.

"Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - FNP in Memphis, TN

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to practice autonomously. EMR has integrated UptoDate. Good support system. Salary is competitive. There are some limitations to what you can do in a retail health clinic, however The Little Clinic is expanding it's services constantly which allows the provider to practice according to their scope of practice. Great support system. Somewhat flexible schedule IF you have another provider that is willing to be flexible with you in your clinic. The company has had alot of changes and reorganization in the past two years that have made this company a much better place to work and have a good work life balance.

Cons

Constantly changing. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with what exactly you are supposed to be doing now. Retail health is new and there is alot of room for opportunity to grow and provide easier access to healthcare. If you aren't good with change, challenge, and willing to grow, this is not the place for you. Another con, Long days and every other weekend, and holidays, except Christmas and Thanksgiving. Sometimes you have a receptionist, sometimes it is just you.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the home life balance including flexible scheduling. Close earlier holidays, especially holidays like Christmas Eve.

"Disfunctional"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Memphis, TN

I worked at The Little Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kroger Benefits
    There are no other pros always look for a job the RCD throws rocks and hides her hand.

Cons

Pay
    Click-ish
    Communication
    Leadership Micro manages
    Operational Changes are never perfected
    Racially profiled

If I had to guess turnover is 75%. It's been discussed on several different occasions about closing TLC because they're not making any money continues to raise the praises on visit you may as well see your primary care. The wait time are crazy and you have no work life balance. Even when your off they're begging you to pick up shift and calling at all times of the night.

Advice to Management

Have respect your employees. Learn the definition of effective communication. Healthcare can not be ran like a grocery store.

"PCT"

Former Employee - Pct in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Pct in Tempe, AZ

I worked at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot. Met some great coworkers!!

Cons

The pay is HORRIBLE they pay $12 an hour to do the job of three people!! All front end, back end as well as ordering, stocking and inventory!!! Plus marketing. The training was only like three days and your left calling the other clinics for help!

Advice to Management

Treat the lower end employees better and maybe there will not be such a high turn over rate!!

7. "Just RUN"

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay and okay benefits.

Cons

DO NOT BELIEVE THE FAKE REVIEWS. Memphis Management is currently writing fake reviews to make themselves look better. Almost all employees are looking to leave. Morale and turnover is so bad that providers are being required to sign employment contracts that force you to stay.

Management is not helpful. One member of regional "management" who is not really a manager gossips in clinics with front desk associates about the other ACTUAL managers.

This place is highly unprofessional. They want you to see a ton of patients in unsafe times/conditions AND they want you to see ANYTHING that walks through the door. Even if you know you can't do anything for them but refer to higher level of care. It's absurd. We have been told that the company is on it's last legs by "management" so there's no job security here. Apply elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Demote yourselves. You do not manage to do anything besides making folks feel underappreciated, replaceable and overworked.

8. "Better opportunities out there"

Former Employee - APRN in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - APRN in Louisville, KY

I worked at The Little Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly paycheck is a perk to the job

Cons

Worst leadership ever in Louisville especially in the North Louisville area. You are treated like a baby and told to do things that are not safe or correct. TLC can't decide if we treat or don't treat things. Corporate management doesn't seem to be on the same page either as local. Worst communication I've ever seen. Can't get a day off but given good amounts of pto

Advice to Management

Why is corporate not fixing the issues. Places appropriate people in leadership positions. A new graduate/new employee how are they supposed to be in a clinic manager role. Makes no sense at all. Hence why people leave this place bc inexperienced managers are unsupportive and your true workers get fed up and leave. This company will struggle long term bc word is out there to avoid this place. And I will never suggest Care or bring my family here after I see how people are treated....bottom line TLC just wants to make $...despite if care is appropriate or even ethical.

"Patient Care Technician"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good patient and learning experience

Cons

working weekends; not many coworkers (only PCT and provider- one other coworker)

"Nurse practitioner"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Memphis, TN

I worked at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The salary and benefits are average.

Cons

Protocols and policies change like the wind. The company is more interested in the quantity of patients seen over the quality of care provided. The providers are treated as if they are easily replaceable. You are required to keep taking patients up until an hour past the clinic closing time. This is by far the WORST job I have ever had, not only as a provider, but even prior to becoming a nurse practitioner. I would highly recommend looking for employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Start over from square one. Put people in management positions that actually care about the employees, as well as, the company and the bottom line.