The MCC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The MCC Group Reviews

Updated 30 Jul 2016

3.1
The MCC Group CEO Joseph A. Jaeger, Jr. (no image)
Joseph A. Jaeger, Jr.

"Great company and great family."

Current Employee - Project Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at The MCC Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family oriented company with room to grow. Would recommend anyone who is a hard worker and wants to move up in your career to join the MCC family.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. We do have our issues as does all companies that grow quickly, however it is how you adjust to change that make you a true manager with this company.

Advice to Management

Plan, preform, and profit.

The MCC Group2015-11-10
  2. "I would say that it was a good experience working for this guys every one treated me good and respecfully"

Former Employee - Journeyman Plumber in Houston, TX

I worked at The MCC Group full-time

Pros

Good people to work for, they always show ,apreciación when you work hard and dedicated for them , plus they pay good

Cons

As a plumber like any other trade you have to know what you are doing, show what you can offer to the industry in general really and thats the same challenge any where

Advice to Management

All the managers are cool and frienly and that creates a friendly and healthy atmosfere and a good place to work for.

The MCC Group2016-07-31
  3. "Growing Company with Great Opportunities"

I have been working at The MCC Group full-time

Pros

MCC has a great portfolio of projects scattered throughout the Southeast. There is a lot of focus on accountability. If you put in the effort and take responsibility there are opportunities to be successful everywhere you turn at MCC. People are very welcoming and great teachers.

Cons

New management is concentrating on revamping salary/compensation structure to be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the people!!!

The MCC Group2015-10-20
  4. "mechanic"

I worked at The MCC Group

Pros

The MCC group is an organization that provides opportunity for those who chose to take ownership of their career path. Many classes and seminars are offered which gives you the opportunity to advanced. Was rewarded every year even on bad years. Hope more work comes back to my area. Would absolutely go back to work MCC.

Cons

Due to it size wish I could get to upper management quicker.

The MCC Group2015-10-21
  5. "Assistant Project manager"

Assistant Project Manager in Metairie, LA

I worked at The MCC Group for more than a year

Pros

Getting to enjoy a field that I have been working most of my life and able to used my degrees as well.

Cons

Due to not getting the contract for a big job I was laid off.

The MCC Group2015-06-18
  6. "Non-union shop"

Pipefitter in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at The MCC Group

Pros

The checks clear the bank every week. Some of the foreman are decent. Typical commercial fitting job. Sometimes its go go go.

Cons

It has a distinct habit of taking shortcuts as a company. The power structure is bloated with needless personnel. The are also great at keeping the most unqualified in supervision

Advice to Management

Get rid of kevin logan. He's useless and doesn't understand his job. He needlessly causes problems. The proceed to fire 50% of your current supervision

The MCC Group2015-06-16
  7. "Consider Another Company!"

I have been working at The MCC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Projects to build your Resume to leave the company!

Cons

Completely underpaid. They will try to get every second out of you without extra pay or appreciation. You absolutely have to a "Brown Noser" if you ever want to make it with this company. Bad work environment. Horrible Management. Work-Life Balance: all they see is work...no life! And no money!

Advice to Management

Wake up! You are losing great employees to better companies with better pay!!!!

The MCC Group2015-02-24

"Thank you MCC Group for helping me find my new career...with another company!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Metairie, LA

I worked at The MCC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If it wasn't for MCC Group, I may not have found my current lifelong career elsewhere making more money, more benefits (vehicle, cell phone, gas card, bonus, room for growth [I'm not related to a principal], better insurance [plus dental & eye], 401K. All of this while I perform at a normal human pace.

Cons

I am honestly trying to think of one thing that I miss about MCC Group. Nothing. It was so bad that I almost turned to drinking. Bad commute, horrible city, terrible pay for too much work, lack/small bonuses, no training. They even monitor you coming and going from the office.

Advice to Management

Dig extremely deep to pull your head out of your butts. It's a big world and newer companies are passing you. Word is out on your misgivings and misdeeds to your employees.

The MCC Group2014-12-24
  9. "Really Good Company"

I have been working at The MCC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The amount of growth Management wants to see out of it's employees. The people here are wonderful! If you want to learn more they encourage it and the courses/seminars you can choose from are endless.

Cons

At times its hard to get in front of Management.

Advice to Management

Be more available to employees.

The MCC Group2014-10-23
  10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Administrative in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at The MCC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a larger mechanical contractor with several locations and departments providing many employment opportunities. Training is encouraged and available.

Cons

Getting to know departments and business units in other states.

The MCC Group2014-09-22