The MENTOR Network Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.4
The MENTOR Network CEO William McKinney
William McKinney
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule includes field work(in 47 reviews)

• "To make a difference in a person's life(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no raises, not even a cost of living increase in 5 years(in 68 reviews)

• "One thing I learned is you should go above the upper management and voice your concerns with them to see change(in 62 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The MENTOR Network and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Great company if you're looking for a career!

Mar 9, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Associate in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For such a large organization, I have seen that the focus consistently stays on quality of care for the individuals we serve and this doesn't get lost in the day-to-day functioning of the company. There are real opportunities to advance and get promoted - the previous CEO started as a DSP/caregiver! The company has been continually making huge efforts in the past couple years to improve the work-life balance for employees and improve the quality of benefits offered. Fun and team-oriented working environment.

Cons

I would like to have more options for health benefit plans, but all other benefits are EXCELLENT.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Support and Individuals

Mar 29, 2021 - Program Dorector in Akron, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Invested and professional higher ups, and loving individuals with DODD

Cons

Pay isn’t the greatest, but it’s liveable with good benefits

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I have been working at The Mentor Network for almost four years.

Apr 9, 2021 - Program Supervisor in Austin, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, amazing individuals, coworkers and staff, many chances to move up in the company, great leadership, overall a very humbling and eye opening experience for myself and hopefully many others. The many different things to do with the individuals to help them work on goals and have a fun social life with others.

Cons

Staff shortage, long hours, stressful moments, somedays require lots of running around to make sure all individuals' needs are met. (However, this is worth it and I wouldn't change it). Sometimes the punishment for one staff isn't the same for another staff that does the same thing, have noticed this with write-ups a few times.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Truly Fun Job!

May 5, 2021 - Driver in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interacting on a regular basis with some of God's favorite creations. :)

Cons

The reason I left in 2011 was the 5:30am arising to get to work by 6:45am. :(

5. 4.0

Mentor Network

Apr 27, 2021 - Direct Support Professional (DSP) in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The joy the members bring to the job, they also teach you patience. Good staff of upper management, good hours, the company pays for staff to go on outings (like the zoo or movies). I would recommend this job if your looking for a started until you find what your looking for

Cons

Pay is not great for you have to do

6. 4.0

HR Review

Mar 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a mission-driven company that attracts people passionate about caring for others. There are a lot of kind, dedicated people at this company and many people have developed strong relationships/ friendships that make the culture feel more like a family. My co-workers and the work I do is what drives me each day! The vision for the future of the company is promising in terms of culture, technology, retention, diversity and growth. There are great opportunities to get involved in different initiatives and projects. I have nothing but positive feedback regarding my direct manager and team - they are all supportive, good at communicating and willing to jump in wherever they're needed.

Cons

Low wages especially for those working direct care Lack of resources or lack of communication on where to find resources High workloads Technology/ system issues that result in significant manual work Lack of understanding between corporate and local leadership

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Mentor Network

Apr 2, 2021 - Program Director in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best reasons to work at The Mentor Network are they treat employee's like family. They give a lot of opportunities' for promotions, advancements around the network, and the training of staff is amazing. The Mentor Network also spears not expense on making the individuals we serve.

Cons

The cons of working at the Mentor Network is the turn over rate is high between staff and management. The Mentor Network is also a place for a lot of young people as a stepping stone. Retention rates among staff are low, at least in the southern California area.

8. 3.0

Covid issues

Feb 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Administrator handled the situation well when the facility had an outbreak.

Cons

The Company keeps on changing the policy about the Covid Pay. I was not paid Holiday Pay even if I did not work during Holidays. I was scheduled to work Holidays but due to contracting the virus FROM THE FACILITY, I WAS NOT PAID NOT EVEN 8 hrs for each Holiday (Christmas and NY). We don’t get paid Hazard Pay and you still stole this Holiday Pay away from me. My family got sick too because I brought the virus to our house. I GOT THE VIRUS FROM TAKING CARE OF THE FIRST COUPLE OF PATIENTS WHO GOT THE VIRUS. I WAS DEPRIVED OF SPENDING THE HOLIDAYS WITH MY FAMILY. I WAS SO SICK AND OUT FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS! PHYSICAL PAIN, FRUSTRATIONS, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL PAINS WHILE I HAD THE COVID. YES, I WAS PAID FOR BEING SICK WITH COVID PAY BUT NOT EVEN A PENNY I RECEIVED FOR THE HOLIDAY PAYS.

1 person found this review helpful

The MENTOR Network Response

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for writing us a review. We’re especially grateful to the many direct care team members for their commitment to our mission and to the people we serve during this difficult time. We have been following the protocols and guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local authorities, and our internal COVID task force for the safety of our employees and the people we serve. We would like to address your specific concerns about pay. Please contact HR by contacting the HR Shared Service Center through the Ask HR option on the employee portal or by calling 1-888-774-4872. You may also call our Compliance Hotline at 1-800-297-8043, which gives you the opportunity to remain anonymous if that makes you more comfortable. Sincerely, The Employee Engagement Team

9. 5.0

DSP

Apr 21, 2021 - Direct Professional Support in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with wonderful members who have disabilities. They teach us patience and help us understand that they are people too.

Cons

Do not make enough, low pay

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just another example of corporate America in healthcare.

May 3, 2021 - Direct Support Professional (DSP) in North Branch, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Somewhat flexibility other than that nothing.

Cons

-Just another example of corporate taking over the real meaning of health care. -Hide policies from employees. -Low base pay; meaning always short staffed, nobody wants to work here. -Low morale -Let people get away with certain things burning good employees out. -It’s all about money and not the clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,252 Reviews