The MENTOR Network Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
The MENTOR Network President and Chief Executive Officer Bruce Nardella
Bruce Nardella

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We try to make a difference but because of the constant "misplacements" sometimes that is very difficult (in 20 reviews)

• Clients are great, some staff are great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, health benefits expensive, bad time management (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management will tell you things will change for the better but they won't (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Why I love working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers are the best. They are devoted to what they do and are a pleasure to work with. You may join the company for its mission as I initially did, but you stay because of the people. I have a ton of flexibility which supports my work/life balance better than any other job I've had. Creativity and collaboration are encouraged. I've worked in Corporate for 5 years now and have learned and grown so much more than I could have ever imagined. I'm sure I'll still be here in 5 years (by choice!) reflecting on my 10 years with the company.

Cons

Due to the multi-dimensionality of the organization, it can be tricky to find a "one size fits all" solution for certain issues, as there are always exceptions to the rule.

The MENTOR Network Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our goal is to create a personally and professionally rewarding experience for each of our employees, and we’re happy to hear that you’ve had a... More

"A small company with a big heart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The Mentor Network was an excellent place to work. The management really cared about their employees and it was a good balance of work and personal life. Career advancement was encourged and professional growth was always there. There was a real family like atmosphere. The company really focused on the human side of work life, providing fun activities and events to keep up the moral and spirits.

Cons

The location of the company was tough given that public transportation was a few blocks away. Which made it difficult in bad weather. Due to it's small size it was difficult for benefits such as training and conferences.

Advice to Management

More timly reviews and performance evalutations would be benefical.

3. "A Great Job Where You Can Really Make a Difference"

Former Employee - Data Entrist to Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Entrist to Marketing Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work Environment,
    You can feel good about doing work that makes a difference,
    Awesome team members,
    Career Advancement Opportunities,

Cons

None that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

I am honored that I was able to work with not one, but two teams during my career at The Network. While getting my master’s degree I held an entry level job. Upon graduation, I was given the opportunity to put my degree to use and join the Public Strategy Team. I can honestly say that in both departments, I had the pleasure of working with people who genuinely cared about helping others and worked hard to make a difference. And that can be said about everyone I came across, in many different roles and positions, throughout my almost three years at The MENTOR Network. It was a privilege to work there and I appreciate every opportunity that I was given while there. I highly recommend The Network to anyone!

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly changing and growing environment.

Cons

Understaffed at some levels and poor benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy - perhaps have an award recognition event for ALL Staff

"It has helped me more then words can say"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Judah, IN
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Judah, IN

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I has helped me to grow it to a better person

Cons

Lot of work to be done and needs to add more people to manager team

Advice to Management

work hard try new things gain new skills everyday!

6. "Great!"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive environment. Genuine concern for the individuals who reside there.

Cons

Program coordinators and program directors will make or break the house. If you have good ones you'll love your job if you have bad ones you'll be miserable. If you're not happy in your current house I'd recommend transferring before giving up on the company.

Advice to Management

Better pay and benefits!

7. "INCREDIBLE team of dedicated, committed employees serving inspiring individuals across the country."

Current Employee - Talent Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Talent Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly hope to retire from TMN, I love my job and the people I work with. The best part of working here is the mission - to serve, serve well, and serve more - our consumers are inspiring and tie us back every day to why we work here. We have such amazingly loyal and dedicated employees - makes me so proud to say I work here. I've only been here for a year & a half, but I am constantly impressed by how many of our employees have been here 24, 16, 28 years... and on and on, often I am the least-tenured person in a meeting, that doesn't happen in a lot of places.

Cons

Some of our jobs are the "toughest job you'll ever love!" I embrace how rewarding our environment can be, but it can be challenging with the scale of what we do and the limited resources we have.

8. "good"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pros , great work done here. Rewarding, strong chance you will move up if your working hard and showing up on time it really isn't a difficult job.

Cons

tough hours , holidays must be worked as well.

Advice to Management

work with your staff, follow your pds.

"Loved it"

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mentor has changed a lot in the past few years. There is a larger team dynamic full of people who want to do things right and not take shortcuts.

Cons

The chopping block could always be right around the corner. No annual raises. Caseloads are pretty high.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the praise and every little thing you can do for your team goes a long way. Try to plan one staff community outing per year to show your appreciation.

10. "Fabulous company working toward being the employer of choice."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The State Director drives her team to maintain excellent customer service, work life balance, positive feedback and a competitive wage. Other upper level management would make that a better place to work if they embraced the same goals.

Cons

Ownership of the breakdown of progress needs to be unified throughout the Upper level management. Support should be consistent, not when the mood strikes them. Wages need to get better for the level of work load.