The Madden Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

The Madden Corporation Reviews

1.9
Dale Madden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A fair and reasonable company to work for..."

I have been working at The Madden Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

These comments are really sad to read… Since I joined The Madden Corporation over 5+years ago, there have been no resignations from executive managers. Yes, we’ve had turnovers, like any other company, but we also have a number of employees that have worked for the company for 20+years. The comment about 50+ people quitting within a year is an absolute exaggeration...

Yes, employees are expected to report to work on time. Like any other employer, clocking in 1-minute after the start of your schedule is considered late. I take responsibility and make sure that I arrive to work on time; no excuses! If you come in to work on time, then the 15 minutes additional rounding wouldn’t even be an issue.

What employer allows personal use of the company computers while on the clock??? The company allows personal use of the computers during lunch and before/after work. I think it’s a generous privilege to have…

Cons

The company has always been fair and reasonable… It’s concerning that you are a disgruntled employee, making disparaging comments about the company. Honestly, if you are unhappy working for the company, you are free to resign…

Advice to Management

A lot of opportunities for growth and development...many employee promotions!

"POTENTIONAL EMPLOYEES: DO NOT WORK HERE"

I worked at The Madden Corporation full-time

Pros

Not in town.

Cons

Some of the negative reviews here are exaggerated, but do stem from truth. The micromanagement is unbelievable. Don't expect to be listened to or give anything of value to the company, they expect you to come in and do as they say. They will tell you how to write emails. I'm talking about college graduates they treat this way. 45 hour work week does make a difference considering you're not being compensated. Personally, I've never more phony and manipulative people (executives). I left everyday with just a bad taste in my mouth. At the end of the day, they just want money for themselves. The mandated time for lunch everyday is absurd. We're adults, we can choose a time to eat lunch. Don't think about trying to leave for a doctor's appointment. They'll give you so much grief and suggest you find a doctor that can see you on Saturdays.

"Treated like Slaves"

Current Employee - None of Your Business in Waipahu, HI
    Current Employee - None of Your Business in Waipahu, HI

Pros

There is nothing to add here. Place is just absolute trash

Cons

You get treated like a slave. 10 hours mandatory at office. Pay sucks. No 401k. Micro management. Everyone takes lunch at the same time. You are their slave. 20+ people left in the few years I've been here.

"The worst company to work for! They'll take everything they can from you! They lie and trick you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

I have been working at The Madden Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at this company, like many others, for one single reason: Its located in Waipahu and if you dont want to drive to Honolulu every day there isnt much option...

Cons

Every since I started working there over 50 people have quit their jobs, including executives who didn't even give notice because they cant stand it. The turn around of people is unreal!! There is an inside joke among the employees, they bet on who will quit next,,,
    They hire people on a salary for a 45 hour work week and make it sound like its a good thing, but then they'll make you work over time and sometimes even saturdays and they dont compensate the extra time you've put in or even recognize it.
    If you're late 1 minute, you have to work an additional 15 minutes after your schedules hours to compensate. Its their punishment for you being late.
    If by then end of the week you dont have the 45 hours, they hassle you, even though you're salary and should have a flexible schedule.
    Lunch time is determined by the owners
    The level of micromanagement is our of this world and the blame game is constant, management will always throw you under the bus
    You are not allowed to use the computer for personal use at all and they have an IT person to spy on all employees... they watch bandwidth, check your browser history and take screenshots of your screen without you being aware of it.
    They are all about their money and will take every opportunity they can to reduce their costs. Ive seen them deduct $1000 per month from 3 employees because they made a mistake with a customer... so they pretty much found a way to pass on the loss.
    This list can go on and on.... and Ive only been here less than a year. As soon as I make it a year, Im gone.
    I would give it less starts that 1 if I could

Advice to Management

Learn to be compassionate and understanding and remember you dont work with robots, that your employees are people too with lifes and families they need to take care of.

"THE MADDEN CORPORATION: ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

Pros

No commuting to town. No traffic. Save on gas. Free parking

Cons

Disrespect from managers, supervisors, and the owners. No credit is given where it is due. Every man for himself. Beware of the backstabbing people that work there. There are no true friends. Beware of those that act extremely friendly to you right off the bat, they have other motives. No one is allowed to talk at all.

Advice to Management

Take some formal training on how to properly manage and TRAIN employees. Know how to use positive reinforcement and proactivity rather than damage control.