The Madeline Centre, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
  1. "The Madeline Center"

Former Employee - Intern in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at The Madeline Centre, Inc part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendliness, opportunities for advancement, benefits, rewarding work, flexibility, paid training, great management

Cons

The employees and management are all extremely nice people, and they truly to want to help you succeed in helping others. Their intensive-in-home coordinator is extremely friendly and good at what she does. However, HR made a small mistake when I applied for a full-time position there. I was led to believe that I already obtained the position and then was later told they would have to review everything again since... they had some other people apply. Ultimately, I did not get the position, and the reason for this was not given. My best guess is that they made a mistake in case loads and didn’t have enough cases to hire any more people. I was disappointed, but regardless, they were kind about it. I only wish they had been more honest with me. It’s still a great company to work for, and I wish them all the best!

The Madeline Centre, Inc2018-07-11
  2. "Mediocre Organization, Not Exceptional"

QMHP in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at The Madeline Centre, Inc for more than a year

Pros

The Madeline Centre in Lynchburg, Va is well-organized, and sticks closely with Federal regulations as pertains to Medicaid requirements. As a mainly family-owned business, there's little chance for upward mobility. Helping youth and family (i.e. QMHP position) is simple, and a great job to have for easy work and mediocre pay. The company makes a killing off the government, but it's really not reflected in employee... pay or benefits.

Cons

Little chance for promotions and increase in pay. Benefits packages are not offered, and when they are, it's to select staff that are usually there for an extensive time (5 or more years). So called "therapeutic interventions" are not that effective, and at best mediocre.

Advice to Management

Offer better pay and benefits to all full-time staff. Create and promote better treatment plans for clients.

The Madeline Centre, Inc2017-01-03
  3. "Therapist"

Therapist in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at The Madeline Centre, Inc

Pros

The company provided good support and great training; peer learning and positive attitudes were fostered.

Cons

The company lacked cohesion among sr management during times of policy change; sr management was at time reactive to change; there was sometimes poor communication from supervisors to employees; different supervisors often gave different messages; there was a lack of an ultimate goal/purpose/direction communicated from sr mgmt to employees.

Advice to Management

hire a full-time business manager divide and conquer--delegate but in general, keep up the good work

The Madeline Centre, Inc2009-08-13