The Malvern School Reviews
60% would recommend to a friend
(100 total reviews)
90% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about The Malvern School? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The Malvern School employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Got to work with great families ." (in 5 reviews)
- "Great coworkers who share in mission and passion for early childhood education." (in 4 reviews)
- "Stability, challenging environment and salary" (in 3 reviews)
- "All in all, to do well here you need to be resistant to stress, have a sense of humor, excellent people skills and patience, have thick skin and be open to criticism, have customer service skills and above all, truly love working with children to make all the other parts of the job worth it!" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Malvern School and is not affected by filters.
Found 100 of over 100 reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Sep 20, 2023Teacher's AideFormer EmployeeLionville, PA
Great working with child’s and some coworkers
Favouritism is a problem and very noticeable. Management doesn’t care for anyone but themselves.
- 4.0Jul 19, 2023Curriculum CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMarlboro, NJ
There are a lot of pros, including free childcare, the kids are great, the director is great.
Low pay and slow advancement.
- 2.0Jul 28, 2022Executive DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Working with kids to help them develop Structure and Accreditations Monday-Friday work- weekends off except for special events Nights off except for special events
-Time off earned not granted (it was a request for 2 days)-poor work/life balance -lots of turnover -Initial agreement not honor for promotion saying that start date changed when worked at a different location but was never communicated properly -Pay doesn't match amount of hours worked or amount of work required for position -Wants to increase numbers for class rooms but can't without staff but not allow to hire staff until numbers are increased -No real room for growth, or outside the box thinking -Teachers can't leave room to go to the bathroom unless someone can cover their room which I get ratios but not allow to hire extra people to help and instead just burns teachers out -Wants to have a family feel but when it comes to your own family no support when needing to leave for a sick family member or attend a funeral
- 1.0Mar 24, 2023Teacher AideCurrent EmployeeWashington Township
Working with the children and parents.
When you bring concerns to the forefront its ignored but the individuals can lie on a person of color and get away with it meanwhile your being treated as though your the problem because you spoke up and spoke the truth about whats going on around the children and you. People of color at this place get treated differently as well as retaliated on while the people who are not doing right get promoted.
- 3.0Apr 25, 2023Assistant TeacherFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBlue Bell, PA
it is a nice job to have if you want to stay within the younger ages of education! it gets your feet wet knowing how is it to be within a school setting.
it can feel overwhelming at times
- 3.0Feb 26, 2023Assistant TeacherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearRoyersford, PA
Staff, families, cleanliness, tadpoles app, vacation time
Management, corporate way too focused on money and image and not what is best for the children
- 3.0Nov 5, 2022Lead TeacherCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Typically higher paid than other childcare facilities, clean and attractive work environment
Expectations are high compared to compensation
The Malvern School Reviews FAQs
The Malvern School has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at The Malvern School to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
60% of The Malvern School employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Malvern School 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.