The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
William E. La Macchia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • LME's core values are constantly reinforced in everyday activities (in 14 reviews)

• It's easy to achieve a healthy work-life balance, with paid time off and a flexible schedule (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • mandatory overtime at peak season (in 16 reviews)

• The Worst Director of a Call Center I ever work for (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The chain of management in my team is awesome, all the way to the top. There's so much communication, dedication, support, and appreciation. No one is ever too busy (yes, everyone's busy) to take time to answer questions, have a teachable moment, address an issue, or share gratitude. As one who thrives in a positive environment, The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC) is my place. My opinion, my voice, my work, and my wellness is valued. We have so many wonderful programs around team member wellness that I look forward to and actively participate in. Management supports me in my innovations and my desire for growth. If you walk into TMTC with a positive attitude, ready for engagement, and can embrace change, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. Our core values aren't just words. They're the directions we live by. Be well, work well, live well.

Cons

The company expects a lot from team members? I love staying engaged and progressive at work so I guess that's an upside for me, but I could see where it might be too much for others. If you want to work for the best, you must perform at your best.

Advice to Management

Team members are bursting with innovative ideas! Sometimes they're all set and ready to go but the projects halt at the finish line due to final management approvals. Let's keep embracing change and get these great innovations into fruition!

2. "Group Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Group Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Group Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome team members and managers. Organization of the department is decent. Great travel benefits/opportunities. Managers usually always have their employees backs. Only on the incoming line for a couple of hours a day, allowing you to get quotes out and work done by the end of the day.

Cons

Old office, pay is very low for how much work and stress involved in planning the group vacations with travel agents. Software is older, because they have their own technology company, sometimes it takes forever to get quoting done and out to agents in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Management is doing great. Only thing I would re-evaluate is the pay.

Sep 20, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

I greatly appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your experience working in groups at Mark Travel. We use all feedback as a great opportunity to learn from our team member’s experiences to... More

"A good experience overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, competitive pay, good benefits, and lots of very nice people to work with

Cons

For the most part, your co-workers are great people; however, some of the employees need to be educated about appropriate workplace behavior. Inappropriate homophobic and trans-phobic jokes are common and largely overlooked by management. It's a free country, but there need to be boundaries in the workplace. I have a number of family members and many close friends in the LGBT community, and it's depressing to be at work in 2017 and still hear people making those jokes about people I love.

Advice to Management

When you see or hear behavior that is clearly inappropriate and could offend someone, please take action on it.

Sep 4, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

I find any homophobic or transphobic or other bigoted comments or "jokes" personally offensive. We have a mechanism in place internally to bring such issues to light for investigation and if... More

4. "Great company that's fun to work with!"

Current Employee - WAHA Customer Care Specialist
    Current Employee - WAHA Customer Care Specialist

Pros

There's always work you'll never be bored there's always overtime so you'll always be paid & awesome benefits w/one paid time off. They give you your equipment if working from home & still make you feel apart of the team. It's a family owned company who really considers & is open to feedback. Overall great experience working with TMTC!

Cons

There's no commissions on sales for customer care specialist, not even any type of bonus for sales. And one year they forgot to give me my annual raise due to my manager changing so often..some calls can last hrs sometimes but upside is there's no handle time.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your employees annual raise if they earned it just because team lead supervisor may have changed often or ever, this information should all be in 1 file secured somewhere you'd think.

5. "Not worth it!"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health coverage and other benefits that every company offers

Cons

So many issues not sure where to start ! Micro Managing is at all time high! Things take so long to complete because of it and old software! This company needs a major face lift ,to get organized and to pay better !

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are not happy! But have great ideas for change

"Best place to work!"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am relatively new to the company, and I was lost in the halls and our founder/owner intercepted me, knew who I was, and walked with me to where I needed to be. The entire company places a high value on its employees, and this was just one fantastic example that truly sets TMTC apart.

I feel endless opportunity for career advancement, having met so many people who have worked here for 5-20+ years.

Cons

Not a true downside - but there is a lot to learn about this industry and it simply takes time and patience.

Sep 20, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

I have to agree with your headline “The Best Place to Work!” I know you have been with us for less than a year, but I am hoping like myself you can find your career with us. I love your story about... More

"A very different place - and not good"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are good people. They pull together and support each other.

Cons

Where do I start? The HR department runs the place and they are rude and abusive. They are not open to feedback and see any question as a challenge. People are not encouraged to challenge the status quo, and asking a question can ruin your career. The senior management team is no better. There is no other work for them than "abusive." The call center management is dictatorial. No one cares what the team members say, and their work life is not valued.

Advice to Management

Get over your self.

Sep 4, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

I regret that you have found the HR department to be such an obstacle to you doing your job or improving the environment for you and your team. It's also regretful that you find the management of the... More

"ITS OKAY"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ONLY PRO IS WORKING FROM HOME AND TRAVEL BENEFITS .......................... THERE IS NO OTHER BENEFITS OR PROS THEN THE ONES I JUST USED

Cons

No help and a high turn over rate . ITS A LOT OF FAVORITISM WITHING THE COMPANY IT WAS A GIRL COMING INTO WORK WITH NAME BRAND CLOTHES HAT AND SHE NEVER GOT SPOKEN TO ABOUT IT . They Schedule mandatory overtime so you have to work that then in addition to the mandatory overtime it really does not count as overtime if there's a schedule holiday so you just pretty much working extra hours for the company before letting you work from home they would rather hire a new training class then sending the people whose been working there for years home. There is one particular person who has been working there for over 20 years and she still is a customer care specialist she has said numerous of times that she's tried to move up in the company and they have kept her at her desk which is sad . The people in accounting is very rude and the people in the air department is beyond rude you would literally call them be on hold for 30 minutes and they will turn around and ask you well did you try to do it yourself. I kid you not other than that the company is OK but my words my advice to management would be to hire a new air team and hire a new accounting team .

Advice to Management

If your going to train your employees in different brands please pay more !!!

"Work hard and move up!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

- Family Owned
    - Open positions = advancement opportunities
    - Yearly raises for hard working team members. If you don't work hard then difficult to expect a merit increase.
    -Travel opportunities
    - Strong technology = stability in the marketplace
    - Acquired new company = growing
    - 401K match
    - Leadership gives you the tools you need. It is up to you to use them effectively
    - Expectations of position are very fair. I don't feel micromanaged but I am held accountable for quarterly goals/projects.
    - Vacation time is off the charts. But more importantly, Mark Travel encourages you to use it! Vacation is accrued based on time with the company.
    -Salary is competitive with the market
    -Wellness is an important and motivated core value. I am always encouraged to participate in different activities to promote my well being.

The Biggest pro is that I love what I do. I have the opportunity to talk about travel all day long with our travel agent partners and co-workers.

Cons

- Turn around time on new hires is longer than expected. Mark Travel does thorough background checks then can take time to find the ideal candidate.
    -Health insurance certainly isn't the worst or most expensive but could improve in a couple areas.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire from outside the company. The travel industry requires outside the box thinking and constant change, which is often found in candidates not immersed in it all day.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TMTC provides a competitive salary, flexible work environment and leadership support. Highly recommended.

Cons

No cons at this time.