The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William E. La Macchia

Pros
  • The Mark Travel Corporation has outstanding core values that are truly ingrained in all aspects of the business (in 12 reviews)

• It's easy to achieve a healthy work-life balance, with paid time off and a flexible schedule (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Mandatory overtime of 6hours weekly (in 13 reviews)

• The Worst Director of a Call Center I ever work for (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"YOU should be here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

I've been with the company many years now, and have seen firsthand many instances of how much the owners care about the team members and the company itself. I've never seen a company so invested in the core values - it makes me proud to say I'm a team member. From the benefits, to the vacation plan (which, compared to other Milwaukee companies, is very generous), to the wellness program - team members mean a lot to the company.

I can also tell you that I'm not the only one who feels this way. For each person who has negative things to say about the company, there are 10 more who feel the opposite. We have such longevity and knowledge throughout the teams and you can see the passion for the products we sell and for the customer. We try to treat each other like family here - we may not always agree on things, but we all care about each other.

Cons

Teams require a lot from their team members and they hold their team members accountable. Although we have fun, we still expect a high quality of work from everyone. We have our own operating system which can take some adaptability (but is useful once you get using it). Keep in mind none of these are really negatives, but you have to be willing to get your hands dirty and do the work.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the team members. We get so much value out of your support and encouragement.

Oct 3, 2016 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Wow thank you! I hope everyone both prospective, current and past team members take the opportunity to read this. You are right, it is a family around here - quite literally - but it's not just the ... More

"Brand new work at home agent"

Current Employee - CCS WAHA Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - CCS WAHA Agent in Orlando, FL

Pros

During the 6 weeks of call center training, everyone was so friendly and encouraging. And now that I'm working from home, I still feel connected to the center and that, if I ever need anything, someone is always available!

Cons

The call center was a little far from my house, but only having to do it for 6 weeks was doable, knowing I would be working from home!

3. "CCS"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great supervisors and guaranteed hours

Cons

Mandatory overtime
    Change in schedule times every week
    Sometimes not enough help from cst

Advice to Management

I really think management should cut out the mandatory overtime. It's beyond overwhelming and it makes it nearly impossible to have a regular life outside of work. Overtime should be at leisure not mandatory. Hire people if the call volume is that high. Also getting off in time when closing. When closing if the call que still has calls we have to wait to be released. After working an already 10 of 11 hour shift that can really wear someone down . The inconsistency in shift hours. Closing one week then opening the next is exhausting. Overall this job has very good intentions but the strategy is poor. There are losing good employees because of this .

5. "Attention is needed"

Current Employee - CST/500 in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - CST/500 in Orlando, FL

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the Core Values. Perks are OK. For the most part, the Team Members are great to work with, and there is an under toned comradry and support of each other.

Cons

Enough value and appreciation is not shown to the employees, more so the frontliners. However, on an overall level more should be done. There should be more recognitions and celebratories, such as potlucks, and the acknowledging of the various cultures within the organization, and destinations (like Cinco de Mayo, Caribbean Day, etc).
    The Customer Care Follow Up, and the Chat/Email needs to be revamped and organized. There should be a team just for those purposes, and should only assist with calls of really high call volume with extreme long hold time. Its unfair to keep having an agent back/forth between CCFU box and the phones. You are focused trying to review a reservation, trying to open a N/A hotel, only to receive a chat to get on the phones, which breaks focus and lead to mistakes which then causes QPRs. The back/forth is too frequent, and it puts you in a mindset of being unproductive.
    Aware that the operational hours are 9am-10pm ET, and understandably the queue has to be cleared, however, for true value and safety for employees more so those who have to drive home, a compromise should be made where the phone lines cut off by 9:45pm, giving head way for the queue being be cleared in and employees don't have to be walking out at 11:00pm or even 12:00mn.

Advice to Management

Think management should seriously have a town hall and listen to the team members. Have time frames setup, even for the WAHA group to go into their local office and be part of the discussions. We care about the company, more so what we do but we need to be listened to and be heard and a common ground where both management and team members benefits.

Apr 13, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was particularly interested in your advice. Did you not know that we previously held a town hall type discussion? We had team ... More

"Best Company"

Current Employee - CCS WAHA in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - CCS WAHA in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A STRUCTURED TEAM WITH ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES - THE BEST WORK/LIFE BALANCE EMPLOYER

Cons

Only con is it's not for everyone, must be determined to succeed. Metrics & Numbers are key

Advice to Management

Keep growing

7. "Bad Management!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Interesting destinations. Opportunity to travel if you have a passport. Cohesive team of supervisors.

Cons

Hours are long and our overtime isn't comped. Our employees are overworked but at least they get paid time and a half. We are micromanaged and disrespected by the managers and director. Everything we do or say is scrutinized and we are told that we cannot talk to Human Resources about it. Managers don't work at all, they just sit around and gossip and laugh while we work. They are bad news. Travel agents are no better. They are insulting and rude.

Advice to Management

Look into situations that are brought to you and stop making light of them. Give managers training on how to manage people. Listen. Visit our area and listen to calls.

Apr 22, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

Hi, I have to say your comments took me aback. I find it very difficult to understand why, as a supervisor, you haven't raised any of these concerns -- eg disrespect by managers and director -- to ... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel discounts - great people

Cons

At this time, I have no cons to report

Mar 5, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope that you always feel only positive feelings about working here. I love seeing our great team get recognized by a fellow team member. We ... More

"Recognition or Incentive Program needed for the Customer Care Department"

Current Employee - Customer Care Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie with co-workers and other departments. Excellent travel perks overall

Cons

Poor annual salary. By far the worst place that I work, when it comes to internal communication to their employees and management staff. Inconsistent standards and policy depending who approves it (not sure in other department but I am referring to the customer care department only) no recognition or incentive for their employees during busy season (at least 6 months) each year. Nothing to give to their employees during holidays season or based on their sales number. Poor way to motivate employees to stay when there is not a reward program. Lots of micromanagement focusing in corrective action constantly and not recognizing good performers. The Worst Director of a Call Center I ever work for.

Advice to Management

Create a program that recognizes your employees in the call center, keep them motivated for a better retention. Allow them to participate in more wellness activities not utilizing their breaks or lunch. Upper managment should stop more often in the floor and thank personally the employees during busy season and bring some water, coffe, soft drinks and healthy snacks for your employees who work hard every day sometimes more than 12 hours per day during busy season. Do it often not only once per during busy season. Employees need work-life balance.

Mar 5, 2017 – SVP and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm glad that your experience with your coworkers and other teams is a positive one. Thank you also for recognizing our travel ... More

"Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

The culture is one of enthusiasm and customer service oriented. Visits from in house were nice to see the interest in their employees.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

Feb 22, 2017 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review! I hope you still see no "cons" since you wrote this in December. I am woefully behind on my reviews. You wrote this in the calm ... More

11. "Great Company to work for."

Former Employee - Reservations - Travel Agent in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Reservations - Travel Agent in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great hours and if you like overtime there is plenty of it.

Cons

The mandatory overtime was a bit much.