The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William E. La Macchia

Pros
  • The Mark Travel Corporation has outstanding core values that are truly ingrained in all aspects of the business (in 11 reviews)

• Company is full of great people who care about you and the company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Mandatory overtime of 6hours weekly (in 12 reviews)

• Mandatory overtime added to your schedule from January to September during peak season (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"YOU should be here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

I've been with the company many years now, and have seen firsthand many instances of how much the owners care about the team members and the company itself. I've never seen a company so invested in the core values - it makes me proud to say I'm a team member. From the benefits, to the vacation plan (which, compared to other Milwaukee companies, is very generous), to the wellness program - team members mean a lot to the company.

I can also tell you that I'm not the only one who feels this way. For each person who has negative things to say about the company, there are 10 more who feel the opposite. We have such longevity and knowledge throughout the teams and you can see the passion for the products we sell and for the customer. We try to treat each other like family here - we may not always agree on things, but we all care about each other.

Cons

Teams require a lot from their team members and they hold their team members accountable. Although we have fun, we still expect a high quality of work from everyone. We have our own operating system which can take some adaptability (but is useful once you get using it). Keep in mind none of these are really negatives, but you have to be willing to get your hands dirty and do the work.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the team members. We get so much value out of your support and encouragement.

Oct 3, 2016 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Wow thank you! I hope everyone both prospective, current and past team members take the opportunity to read this. You are right, it is a family around here - quite literally - but it's not just the ... More

2. "Good Job"

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Management is good. Semi-flexible with time off. Good travel discounts

Cons

You must like computer work.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel discounts - great people

Cons

At this time, I have no cons to report

5. "Good Place"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Great people, benefits, VIP time, advancement opportunities

Cons

Employee referral program is a joke. I have referred 3 people who actually would have been great at the job and are never given a chance. They have the same background I have.

Advice to Management

I think my department has great management. Keep up with employee appreciation, it goes a long way. However, switch to some healthier treats than just bagels. :)

Feb 22, 2017 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hi and thank you for your feedback. Well you made me hungry for a bagel right now, but I'll try to move beyond that and have a more thoughtful reply. I'm disappointed to hear your feedback on the ... More

6. "Sales"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Solid company with great benefits and opportunity for growth. Caring management.

Cons

I don't have any Cons

Feb 22, 2017 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you feel we have great benefits, opportunities for growth and caring management. It's exactly what we strive to be for our team. We are ... More

7. "Pretty standard job"

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

They work you pretty hard but you are treated fairly, i guess.

Cons

Not a whole lot to be said for compensation,

"Mixed Feelings"

Current Employee - Customer Care Support in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Support in Orlando, FL

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The idea of creating someone's dream vacation, the behind scene efforts that makes it seemless for the customer is awesome, end-to-end. That is rewarding!

Cons

Not enough support from upper management, for CCS/CST. Trying to get assistance and support from other specialized department is often done with been talked down, disrespect and devalued. Accountability and responsibility between department needs improvement. The process of QPRs need to be revamp, and the underlined cause of why the numbers are so high.

Advice to Management

Employees have a voice, ask hard questions, not just surface ones, and listen to your employees. Show and give more moral support. Take time to walk around the cubicle and see how an agent is doing, how their day is going.

9. "good company to work for if you like being on the phone."

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

unlimited overtime. free lunches sometimes. opportunity to advance after 6 months

Cons

mandatory overtime at peak season. you dont get paid commission for the sales that you make. also if there is a hurricane going on they dont pay you to stay home. it come out of your check

Advice to Management

motivation in all aspects specially for younger generation who dont want to be in same position for years.

Feb 22, 2017 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We're definitely proud of our Customer Care team. Their talent and skill sets are highly sought after which is why we've had so many advance to other areas of ... More

"Recognition or Incentive Program needed for the Customer Care Department"

Current Employee - Customer Care Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie with co-workers and other departments. Excellent travel perks overall

Cons

Poor annual salary. By far the worst place that I work, when it comes to internal communication to their employees and management staff. Inconsistent standards and policy depending who approves it (not sure in other department but I am referring to the customer care department only) no recognition or incentive for their employees during busy season (at least 6 months) each year. Nothing to give to their employees during holidays season or based on their sales number. Poor way to motivate employees to stay when there is not a reward program. Lots of micromanagement focusing in corrective action constantly and not recognizing good performers. The Worst Director of a Call Center I ever work for.

Advice to Management

Create a program that recognizes your employees in the call center, keep them motivated for a better retention. Allow them to participate in more wellness activities not utilizing their breaks or lunch. Upper managment should stop more often in the floor and thank personally the employees during busy season and bring some water, coffe, soft drinks and healthy snacks for your employees who work hard every day sometimes more than 12 hours per day during busy season. Do it often not only once per during busy season. Employees need work-life balance.

11. "Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

The culture is one of enthusiasm and customer service oriented. Visits from in house were nice to see the interest in their employees.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

Feb 22, 2017 – SVP-Human Resources and Corporate Counsel

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review! I hope you still see no "cons" since you wrote this in December. I am woefully behind on my reviews. You wrote this in the calm ... More