The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
William E. La Macchia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you want to move forward live your work life with the core values (in 17 reviews)

• It's easy to achieve a healthy work-life balance, with paid time off and a flexible schedule (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • mandatory overtime at peak season (in 17 reviews)

• The Worst Director of a Call Center I ever work for (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The chain of management in my team is awesome, all the way to the top. There's so much communication, dedication, support, and appreciation. No one is ever too busy (yes, everyone's busy) to take time to answer questions, have a teachable moment, address an issue, or share gratitude. As one who thrives in a positive environment, The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC) is my place. My opinion, my voice, my work, and my wellness is valued. We have so many wonderful programs around team member wellness that I look forward to and actively participate in. Management supports me in my innovations and my desire for growth. If you walk into TMTC with a positive attitude, ready for engagement, and can embrace change, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. Our core values aren't just words. They're the directions we live by. Be well, work well, live well.

Cons

The company expects a lot from team members? I love staying engaged and progressive at work so I guess that's an upside for me, but I could see where it might be too much for others. If you want to work for the best, you must perform at your best.

Advice to Management

Team members are bursting with innovative ideas! Sometimes they're all set and ready to go but the projects halt at the finish line due to final management approvals. Let's keep embracing change and get these great innovations into fruition!

"Customer Care"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to make a difference in people's lives! Have you ever gotten to hear the magic in someone's voice when they get to go on vacation?? I have and it is AWESOME.

I have 100% support from anyone from the top down. I can message a supervisor who isn't mine for a quick question. We have a team of senior agents at our call to wall us through the hard stuff, or just double check your work.

I feel the shift to engage the work at home staff so much this past year. I have felt empowered to join in on company discussions. Town halls, hr feedback and wellness programs.

My opinions MATTER.

My immediate supervisor is my biggest cheerleader and advisor.

Travel benefits.

Where else will you get paid to see a destination? Yes that is right, I got paid to see amazing resorts. Tough!

Generous benefits package. Even if I didn't make a some, the benefits are worth it.

Generous time off allowance. You gotta really be a mess to get let go for attendance.

I work in yoga pants. I save money on gas.

Cons

Excessive overtime. Sigh. I understand the nature of business and understand the need. However the 6 extra hours a week for months last year had me about done.

Some internal team members can be a bit curt in email replies. However a kind reply has always made me friends.

Really that's it. I like it here.

Advice to Management

Continue the engagement of your WAHA team. It feels amazing to know you are trying. I have felt the push in the last few months keep the momentum!

Continue to hire and retain amazing management staff. My current sup kept me from finding another job.

I would love to see a yearly company picnic or dinner. Do it by region. We have enough staff that if you wanted you could schedule more people to cover a Saturday closing shift and have all of us together. Putting faces to names is a big thing.

Keep being amazing. I am grateful to be a part of an organization that allows me to get my hands dirty, fail, help me back up and encourage me to do it again.

3. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Price Match Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Price Match Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a friendly and helpful atmosphere at Mat=rk Travel. There is a lot of room for growth within the company as well.

Cons

The pay is pretty low but the travel benefits kind of make up for it.

Dec 29, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your first year at Mark Travel and you are correct there is a lot of room for growth. In the pricing analyst role you work with many different areas of the... More

"Interview process"

Current Employee - Groups Sales Specialist in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Groups Sales Specialist in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was very quick. It was conversational and comfortable. I felt welcomed the very first day I started.

Cons

No cons to working if you enjoy what you are doing.

Jan 2, 2018 – Manager Corporate Communications

Hi There! Welcome and thanks for your review. I’m so glad you felt our interview process was comfortable. Both the team and myself pride ourselves on making sure we have the right people in the right... More

5. "great place to work"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

a great place to work - great people

Cons

can be very challenging environment

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for TMTC! Great people are at the heart of our success. You list our challenging environment as a con and it sounds like some days the challenges we face to be... More

"Manager"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TMTC is very friendly company with lots of opportunity to learn and grow. The On-boarding is very organized and extremely helpful. It is very helpful to have structure when starting a new company. I have enjoyed the learning process. I also really appreciate the values that are reflected in the culture at TMTC. Thank you for taking the time to build out a great on-boarding program.

Cons

There are none at this time.

Advice to Management

To help make the on-boarding process better, it would be helpful to have a review of all of the TMTC teams for new hires so they know at a very high level how everything fits together in the organization. I would love to see a quiet room for employees to either meditate or pray. At a previous employer I found it to be very helpful and a great part of wellness. It made tough times easier to deal with.

Dec 7, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Welcome to The Mark Travel Corporation! It sounds like you have recently joined us on a team and have had a great onboarding experience. We have been putting focus on improving our onboarding and... More

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Lots of vacation time that can be earned
    Very ethical and friendly business environment
    Company focus on physical, mental, and emotional wellness

Cons

Technology company in-house, but is behind the industry

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

I’m in complete agreement with you about our unique work environment where focus is placed on each individual’s wellness through purpose, balance, nutrition and movement that impacts one’s physical... More

8. "Engagement Specialist"

Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Wellness program, good travel benefits

Cons

No growth opportunities on engagement teams, the only way to move up or earn more is to change teams or leave, the engagement teams are seen as the 'dumping grounds' for creative requests when in all reality there is a lot of strategy behind everything that gets put into the market place.

Advice to Management

Find ways to empower current employees to grow within the company

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback, truly. I agree that we have a great wellness program & travel benefits– definitely a perk to working at... More

9. "mgr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Caring, quality, reputation and standards

Cons

More incentives, fun things to do

Dec 7, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

It makes me happy to hear that after 8+ years you call out caring, quality, reputation and standards. I bet you have helped shape those four things within LME. We have a lot of fun things coming up... More

"Best compnay I have ever worked for"

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, professionalize, caring - these are just a few things that makes this company stand out. I have so much pride working to TMTC. Health care is amazing. Core values really work. If you want to move forward live your work life with the core values.

Cons

nothing and I have been here for 4+ yrs

Nov 16, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thanks for giving us a shout-out on Glassdoor! The “best” is always a marker we strive for and I’m glad we are living up to your expectations. I am touched by the pride you feel and the three... More