The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews

Updated Oct 27, 2020

Found 155 of over 160 reviews

3.7
The Mark Travel Corporation Chairman, President, CEO, and COO William E. La Macchia (no image)
William E. La Macchia

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Excellent Hiring Process

Sep 21, 2018 - Customer Care Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This team is on top of their game! They know exactly who they want to hire and ensure that the process is painless. From the initial phone call with the recruiter, Lindsay, to new hire paperwork....you are informed and welcomed with open arms.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Okay overall company

Oct 27, 2020 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was very competitive.

Cons

No real room for advancement

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

The company that was.....

May 29, 2020 - Customer Service Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started with the company Bil Sr was in charge. It was a good company and it just got better over time. Travel benefits were outstanding! Medical and vacation benefits were superior. I was there nearly 20 years and I saw things change dramatically. Note my reviews are of the time I was there, before the down hill slide

Cons

HR personnel were all replaced (or quit) . They were caring people then they put in short sighted idiots. By looking at the review responses I can see Jennifer is one of them. And Bill Jr couldn't ever run a company the way his father did. I have heard they sold out. Probably the best move that could have been done. It seems like they went down the same road that many do into corporate crapsville. Appears that maybe the kids took after their mother and became self serving minions Too bad they took that road. though I am sure they lives of luxury.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

What happens when your no longer a family owned business.

May 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really some of the best coworkers ever.

Cons

Merger changed everything. No longer the same company.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Call center employee

Jul 16, 2019 - During Travel Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime provided, stable full time work

Cons

Holidays off aren’t realistic, mandatory overtime is draining, difficult to get time off

6. 4.0

Manager

Sep 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Many changes happening that, at the surface, is changing the organizations culture

HR Manager

Hi there, thanks so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you think it's a great company to work for - I tend to agree! There are some big changes happening in our company, but since one of our core values is "Embrace Change," it's one of the things we do best. We know you'll probably see even more change in the future, but we're doing everything we can to be transparent and keep our teams informed. If you have any thoughts, we'd love to hear them. Always feel free to reach out to your leader or HR Manager. - Nikki Wettstein, HR Manager

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Aug 15, 2018 - Customer Care in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership, great core values, good teamwork.

Cons

Going through a merge, however it has been very positive so far.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and letting us know that you are having a good experience with the leadership in Customer Care. We are passionate about communicating and developing our team, living our core values and leading by example. We understand that being in the midst of transition with a merger can be unsettling for some, so it is great to hear that you perceive it as positive so far. Our intention is to continue to keep that positivity going as we continue forward as OneALG. We are here for you and we encourage you to keep the lines of communication open with your leaders and be sure to ASK if you have anything you have on your mind regarding the merger or just in general. - Tracy Genrich - Director, Customer Care

8. 5.0

Accounting Clerk

Jul 23, 2018 - Accountig Clerk II in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

It appears so far that my coworkers have a pleasant work attitude, Everyone from the hiring director to my coworkers. I'm also told that there are a great activities that the company sponsors.

Cons

Since I'm new I don't see any downside at this time.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly cares about your growth.

Cons

This company offers a lot of mandatory overtime this may be a lot for some people.

Manager Corporate Communications

Thanks for taking a moment to share your positive feedback. We are grateful for our hardworking team members and do genuinely care about your growth and development. Whether through learning sessions, our career development program or various wellness activities, it’s great to see that you are aware of the possibilities you have to grow personally and professionally at TMTC. Yes, we agree that overtime can be a lot, but it is one way we deliver the End-to-End Experience to our customers. It is refreshing to know that those overtime opportunities are appreciated. Thanks for embracing our core value of “getting your hands dirty” with all your overtime support.

10. 5.0

I love my job.

Jul 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Hiring process was quick, yet informative. Benefits are great as well. I am happy to come into work every morning.

Cons

No cons to report about this workplace.

Manager Corporate Communications

Wow, it feels great to read a review with such positive remarks! Our recruiting team focuses on getting the right person in the right seat, and it sounds like that’s certainly the case here. When team members love their jobs and enjoy coming to work each morning, it helps us deliver the ultimate End-to-End Experience for our customers, and that is what TMTC was built on. We hope you continue to feel this way and encourage you to share your positive energy with others.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews

The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews FAQs

The Mark Travel Corporation has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 160 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at The Mark Travel Corporation to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Mark Travel Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Mark Travel Corporation. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of The Mark Travel Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Mark Travel Corporation 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Mark Travel Corporation to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with The Mark Travel Corporation Job Seekers