The McIntyre Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Leslie McIntyre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "excellent agency they stick to their promise."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Five star all the way

Cons

no cons I had absolute great experience from day one!

2. "Not the place you want to start, continue or end your career."

Pros

In terms of the relationships internally, there are some great people there. They are fun colleagues and the main reason I enjoyed going to work. The company used to put effort into the "fun activities", though they are steadily decreasing every year. Also, had a crash course in recruiting - it was VERY basic knowledge to move into my next role.

Cons

- No structure or training, you're essentially set up to fail unless you have the type of personality where you will force and nag people to train and develop you.
    - High turnover, which is hidden on Glassdoor and other websites by forcing new employees that have been there less than 6 months to create reviews. They haven't been there long enough to realize what the environment is really like, accounting for a 4.2 rating on Glassdoor.
    - Company was sold, so they are losing the family feel. They hire and fire by metrics and how much money you make them - which is fine, just don't sell it like that's not the way it is. You're exactly the same as every other staffing agency out there.
    - Terrible compensation vs. how much money they make off fees.
    - They reward the employees that are toxic for the environment but make them tons of money. One group in particular there is terrible for the culture but highly prized because of their billings.
    - Every director has a different opinion on the business and there is a ton of internal fighting going on.
    - They don't know how to hire (leading to terrible retention and turnover). They will hire against the advice and feedback of current employees because they are desperate. We had several people last less than one week.
    - The company is not doing well financially right now and they are not transparent about any of the decisions they make. They will suddenly change commission structures as well as internal recruiting rules and policies. Half the time this doesn't work or they upset the whole company and have to reverse what they've implemented.

Basically, they sell you a dream when it's really a nightmare. I worked there for 6+ years and can tell you, it's not the place you want to work.

Advice to Management

Be honest about who you are in the hiring process. People are sold a dream (mainly because you don't care about ruining people's careers if they don't work out) and then these people are rightfully disappointed when things don't work out.

Value the people who are contributing and working hard. Show them you mean it beyond verbal rewards and little celebrations in monthly meetings. Stop punishing people who have done well for years there, but have one bad year.

The McIntyre Group Response

Oct 12, 2017 – President & Founder

The McIntyre management team thanks you for sending this review. We agree that we have areas that we need to continue to work on and will take everything that you mentioned into consideration for... More

3. "Recruiting"

I worked at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

Bagel Fridays, friendly atmosphere at surface level

Cons

Micromanagement; what you're told in the interview process is nothing like it actually is. Every director has a different opinion on the culture of the business, people come and go rapidly, and there is a facade of happiness to everyone on the outside looking in when everyone on the inside is panicking because the business was sold

4. "Great Experience"

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

I've been at the McIntyre Group for less then 6 months and my experience has been fantastic! Love the culture, the people I work with, as well I have the chance to learn from real experts who have been in the business for a long time! Walking into work everyday is a new experience everyday and senior management cares about your growth within the company. As long as you put in the work you can advance your career!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

5. "New/Old Employee"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Great Company to work for and with. The people, the culture and the reputation are great! The employees really make the company exciting to working with. Everyone is positive, full of energy, helpful (especially with internal systems) and the teams work very well together. I am comfortable asking any of my colleges for material or company introductions into target clients. They offer an amazing office environment with good systems, training and more food then you can imagine. A full gym is open to employees 24/7 and the company has a great commission plan and additional bonus incentives. I have been in the Staffing/Recruiting industry for 20+ years and have worked with only 3 companies. This is a first rate management team who truly values their employees and wants them to excel. If you can build strong business relationships, can sell and recruit you can succeed here.

Cons

Too much food & snacks are available all day.

Advice to Management

Less Coffee

6. "Good group of people to work with!"

Former Employee - Accountant in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Accountant in Norwalk, CT

I worked at The McIntyre Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good communication and knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Assignment was fantastic, but the money I needed wasn't there.

7. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Coordinator in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Coordinator in Stamford, CT

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Mcintyre Group placed me on a temp to perm position within a few weeks. The experience has been great.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list. The only thing i could thing of is the waiting between assignments. The pay is low as well.

Advice to Management

I am not sure who sets the pay rate. However it is low. I think a few more dollars per hour would help.

8. "review"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at The McIntyre Group (Less than a year)

Pros

there is none at the moment

Cons

not enough job opportunities, staff does not call back in timely manner

9. "Great Company"

Pros

Very informative and friendly staff. They were a supportive group during my transition from unemployed to my new job.

Cons

Haven't had a bad thing to report.

10. "My First Time With an Agency"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate in Stamford, CT

Pros

They took an interest in what I wanted to do and achieve. They actually read my resume and found a position for me that fit one of my interest

Cons

I haven't been here that long, but so far the staff at McIntyre have been great and reachable.