The Meadows Racetrack and Casino Reviews | Glassdoor

Anthony Sanfilippo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, PA

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Meadows offers Great Benefits, Career Growth Opportunities, a Fun Environment, has Great Leaders and Great Team Members. It is an Evolving Culture. The company gives back to the community and cares! The Meadows is a big player in western PA. They are marketing the casino aggressively which is bringing more guest to the casino. This translates into more work. The opportunities are endless at the Meadows! Guest service is very high and valued. Join the Meadows team and you won't regret it!

Cons

There are no Cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative, kind and keep hiring great Team Members!

2. "Table Games"

Current Employee - Table Games Floor Supervisor
    Current Employee - Table Games Floor Supervisor

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time

Pros

fun environment, fast paced, customer service

Cons

the disrespect we see on the floor by guest cause they feel entitled to act like idiots downgrading us, the dealers, and nothing is done

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION STINKS, TAKE CARE OF YOUR FRONT LINE EMPLOYEE. THEY TOOK AWAY EVERYTHING FROM US AND EXPECT US TO BE HAPPY

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly, flexible, fun, good benefits, free lunch, opportunity for growth.

Cons

Sometimes too much is expected out of one person.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with team members on all levels.

4. "Okay Place to Work"

Former Employee - Valet
    Former Employee - Valet

I worked at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time

Pros

Customers, 1 meal provided per work day

Cons

Upper Management unapproachable, work life balance

Advice to Management

Listen to employee ideas, they do the job day after day and might have a more efficient or just a better idea to make the property better

5. "title"

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time

Pros

TDR has improved and is free.

Cons

none that come to mind.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership is very encouraging. Everyone is very kind. The leaders follow through on the companies belief that the team members are what makes the company successful.

Scheduling can be very flexible depending on your department.

Free lunch!

Cons

I would have liked more training in my current position, sometime I feel like I don't know what I am doing.

Benefits are a little pricey, but they help make it a little more affordable with RedBrick.

Sometimes, the lunch offerings aren't that great, but it is free and there are a lot of options. You will not go hungry working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

7. "10+ Years and still love my career at The Meadows!"

Current Employee - Security Manager in Penn, PA
    Current Employee - Security Manager in Penn, PA

Pros

Fun, Exciting, Great people, Great atmosphere

Cons

The Meadows has been through many changes in a 10 year period and I can honestly say I have never thought twice about working for another company.

Advice to Management

With such a large company, it's important to sick to the core values of Integrity, Excellence, Care, Innovation, and Ownership.

8. "Great Employee Culture"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, PA

I have been working at The Meadows Racetrack and Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. It is very evident that management cares about their employees and wants to provide a good work environment. We have paid lunch and breaks, free meals, free uniform, inexpensive amazing benefit options, wellness program and many activities for employees. The employee of the year banquet was amazing! It was a fairy tale party where we were treated like royalty. There are many opprotunities to advance. Supervisors and managers are very nice and treat us with respect.

Cons

We work weekends and holidays when everyone else is off.

9. "Amazing Career Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, PA

Pros

To work for a company that cares about their employees as much as they care about patrons is not that common nowadays. We have many fun things for employees including inexpensive health insurance, free meals on the clock, free uniform, free parking, a wellness program to earn money for health related incurred costs, bring your kids for Halloween and Christmas activities on back of house, talent show... many more! Did I mention the fabulous team member of the year party they prepared for our team members? Truly a great place to work!

Cons

We work weekends and holidays when ever this off to come to the casino for fun we are there too!

10. "My Second Home"

Current Employee - Leader in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Leader in Washington, PA

Pros

I may call The Meadows my second home, but in reality it is my first home. I spend more time in this building with these people than I do in my own home. I'm never sad to come to work. I enjoy coming back to work from my weekends off. I feel lucky to work with this group of people. I consider them some of the best at their jobs - probably in the country.

Cons

There aren't many cons. However, since the PNK purchase, it can feel less like a friendly family business and rather more corporate at times.

Advice to Management

Have fun with your team members. Trust and respect that your team is capable of great accomplishments. Minimize corporate decisions as much as possible.