The Medicus Firm Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
The Medicus Firm President Jim Stone
Jim Stone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Core Values - most companies tell you about the values and they never come up again" (in 15 reviews)

• "The resources and knowledge that are available to you are second to none in the industry" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have spent 21 years in this industry and can honestly say there are really no cons having to do with working for this wonderful firm" (in 6 reviews)

• "There is a lot of work that goes into each search as part of our process to provide world-class service" (in 2 reviews)

1. "500000"

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time

Pros

Amazing Salary! Great Benefits and Team

Cons

There was no cons. Great employer!

2. "Proud to be at TMF"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership really listens, they keep the best interest of the company, clients and employees in mind at all times.

Surveys are constantly being sent out. Our opinion is valued on everything.

TMF takes transparency to a whole new level. The amount of data shown at the Sales Summit was truly enlightening.

Extremely competitive compensation plan - definitely one of the most generous commission plans I've heard of in the industry.

Core Values - most companies tell you about the values and they never come up again. TMF LIVES their values, they come up in meetings, training, even everyday conversation.

Tons of opportunity to be involved in committees and test groups. (Employee Appreciation Day, Philanthropy, Culture Club, test groups for new systems implemented, etc.)

Cons

The hours can be long BUT if you meet goals you can take Fridays off using the Flex Friday program. Even our corporate staff has the ability to take advantage of occasional remote days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The addition of the culture club and adding even more monthly training sessions so we can all stay sharp is so exciting!

Aug 8, 2018 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It means a lot to hear that you know how hard we are listening! Our goal to be a great place to work can't be accomplished without feedback along... More

3. "Best Retained Firm in the Business"

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time

Pros

Culture, values, co-workers and dress code.

Cons

Benefits, vacation time off and Maternity/Paternity Time off is a joke. 2 days of Paternity.

Jul 23, 2018 – President

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate the recognition of culture and values. That means a lot.

Regarding the benefits, PTO and maternity/paternity, I hope you know that is something... More

4. "All about your numbers"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR was friendly at my time being there. The company has events every month or so to boost moral and there are volunteering opportunities.

Cons

My position was all about hitting my metrics. Lots of cold calling and the boss wants an update every morning of where you're at (felt like he was checking to see how you're going to make him money). Overall left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jun 26, 2018 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post. Your feedback is helpful to us in continuing to improve our culture and our performance.

The metrics to which you referred are important. In our... More

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TMF has an unwavering commitment to our clients and candidates to provide the best service that they can receive. The resources and knowledge that are available to you are second to none in the industry. We have by far the best compensation plan out there for recruiting and it makes the tough nature of the work much more rewarding. Our culture is exceptional and as an employee, I feel extremely valued and rewarded for my work.

Cons

There is a lot of work that goes into each search as part of our process to provide world-class service. This is not really a "con", but you should know coming in that you will be asked to put together comprehensive overviews and reports for your clients. We are not a, "turn em and burn em" type of company.

Advice to Management

Stick to the path we are on. It is so easy to take shortcuts and make changes for short-term results. We are healthy and will continue to grow as long as we stay the course.

Apr 16, 2018 – President

Thank you for the kind words. It is nice to hear that the things we focus on so intently, clients and culture, are working well.

6. "Better with Age"

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The new tools and technology that have been rolled out are awesome. We're setting more interviews and making more placements. Client satisfaction is at an all-time high because of the awesome reporting tool we have.

Even with all the new tools, the company still values people and invests in our success. None of the improvements they have made have strayed from their core values and I think that's rare. I'm still excited to come to work everyday.

Cons

It's a hard business. Although TMF has invested a lot in training and employee and leadership development, some people still can't put it all together. It's definitely not a job for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your roots while continuing to invest in the business. I guess, pretty much just carry on like you are doing already!

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked with The Medicus Firm for over 13 years. It’s rare to find a “what you see is what you get” kind of company but that is exactly what you’ll find at The Medicus Firm. The managing partners are honest, hardworking, and approachable. They do a great job of delicately balancing the needs of their employees and their customers.

If you are thinking about joining The Medicus Firm and you have worked in the recruiting industry, you’ll find a culture of teamwork and honesty that tends to be lacking at most other firms. If this is your first recruiting experience, you’ll find experienced colleagues that are eager to assist in your development and success.

Cons

It’s a production based environment. You will be provided the training and tools necessary to be successful but you still have to put in the work.

Nov 20, 2017 – President

Because we're interested in feedback from current and former colleagues, we generally try to respond to all reviews that are left for us. I'm left a little speechless here. I guess I'll just offer... More

"Principal Recruiter"

Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an organization whose leadership truly lives by its values and leads by example.

Cons

The vacation/PTO benefit could be more competitive.

Nov 20, 2017 – President

Thank you for the review! Of all the nice things you could have said, I think leading by example and living our core values is maybe the nicest. Related to vacation and PTO, we did increase the PTO... More

"The Medicus Firm is HOME!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Medicus Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company truly values its culture and its core values. Having been here for almost 4 years; leaving for a few months and returning "home", I can honestly say that my appreciation for these things is much more appreciated now. They truly care about each and every person within the company.

Cons

I have spent 21 years in this industry and can honestly say there are really no cons having to do with working for this wonderful firm.

Jul 31, 2017 – President

That is high praise. Thank you. For better or worse, we try to keep in mind the things that are most important... our team and our clients. It is nice to hear that it is working.

"Recruiter"

Pros

Some nice people, they promote healthy lifestyle. I liked the 3hr rule. Gym onsite
    Nothing else I can think of not,

Cons

Not who they say they are. Training was all over the place because everyone was swapped with work. Didn't feel as if me being successful was an interest to them. Was made fun of when I didn't know something.

Advice to Management

Make sure e

Aug 28, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. I’m sorry things didn’t end more favorably.

I’m happy to hear that the healthy lifestyle and flexibility we promote resonated with you! We do... More