The Menta Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Love the organization and exciting opportunities are ahead.

Cons

No cons at this time. The organization has a great team in place so things will continue to grow.

2. "Administrator"

Current Employee - Administrator in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Administrator in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing company to work at, we all believe in the mission of NOT GIVING UP ON KIDS!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is that, we need more schools to support even more students!

3. "HORRIBLE!"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Aurora, IL

I worked at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! More support from co-workers than administration.

Cons

Administration does NOT care about the well-being, safety of students OR staff. Often left alone to manage several physical students. Serious injuries occurred, administration is complacent at best! Administration offers MANY things but does NOT deliver. Get it in writing!

Advice to Management

Value your staff as much as the money you bring in from each student. Don't offer things to employees that you have no intention of giving. More professional development and new employee training needed.

4. "Encouraging"

Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, team environment. They appreciate new ideas and look to each individual's strengths and expertise. They welcome fresh ideas in curriculum, therapeutic learning, and problem-solving. There's always room for personal growth and they foster an environment for that.

Cons

(If it even is a "con) You must be a self-starter, quick-thinking, and creative. You go into uncharted territory sometimes in crisis situations with this population of kids. You have to be self-assured and confidence. You cannot wait around for your supervisor to tell you what to do. You have to be willing to reach out and effectively articulate your needs. This isn't a place for wallflowers.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for clear, concise internal communication.

5. "Doing their Best under tough working conditions."

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Mesa, AZ

I worked at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A caring staff. The administration really wants to help the kids and the staff improve.

Cons

It gradually became more of a burden to remain with kids all day long. I became burnt out due to the increasing level of paperwork without the time to perform those tasks. The daily schedule became so compact that there was hardly anytime for grading papers, writing IEPs, meeting with parents, etc... Of course, doing work at home at night and during the weekend seemed to be an expectation. Why continue when there are other options that provide a proper lunch and time during the day to prepare. Somewhat sad to leave, but it was time to move on.

Advice to Management

Revise the schedule to provide teachers with structured time during the day for grading and data analysis.

6. "Great place to work with excellent support"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Working at The Menta Group has taken a burnt out teacher from public education and reignited the flame that I had in my early 20's. The Menta group cares about every student and they care about their employeees. I feel supported in all of my endeavors and taking my position with them was the best move I have made in my career!

Cons

I have not come across many cons. I feel challenged, but I do not see that as a con, I see at as my opportunity to bloom.

7. "Pragmatic learning"

Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very accommodating, flexible. And offers great benefites to ALL employees.

Cons

Requires a great level of patients, and understanding. Without the right coping skills work can potentially be stressful.

Advice to Management

need to have a system in place to where we can communicate with other branches in order to share and learn from each-others experiences.

"Not a good culture here"

Former Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Therapist in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Menta Group (More than a year)

Pros

High pay for very low caseload for therapists. If you apply, depending on the position, you have a good chance of getting hired because they need people for certain positions desperately.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. I have many years of experience working as a therapist in the schools. Practicing here is like working 30 years ago; while I realize that a large part of the mission is to "rehabilitate" students so that they can matriculate back into their school districts, I have not seen much evidence of this being the goal pursued with fidelity, and academics are certainly not a focus. No one is happy here--not the students, not the staff, And upper management is paranoid, almost creepily so. Principals are really day managers, so if you have an issue, you cannot really go to them, You have to call a higher administrator and they will likely kick your issue to someone else. Everyone is afraid to say or do the wrong thing. It's just weird. Stay away if your license means anything to you. They don't care about anything except that you "meet your minutes."

Advice to Management

Hire administrators who actually understand special education law and stop micromanaging your principals and therapy staff.

"Great Company Cares About Kids-Outstanding Staff"

Current Employee - Teacher in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission of this company and the work the staff do is to be commended!!

Don't be mislead by negative reviews. I never understood why if you don't like where you work you stay particularly for folks with a masters level education. You can find another job why stay. Maybe they stay because they are not very good. Well it is those people who hurt the outcomes for children.I love the work and the people I worked with.

The company is a true not for profit. No stockholders only people who have devoted their lives to helping children. I applaud the veteran staff at the Menta Group they do an excellent job with limited funding from the state. They devote each and every day to the children.

For those of you who sit behind a desk and clearly do not like the children move on. You do harm every day you stay but leave with grace and style, don't harm the staff who work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of children. Have a little class and honor!! Stop taking money from the children!!

Cons

The company needs to work on holding people accountable. There are staff who sit around, don't like the kids, don't want to work. Our principal sat behind her desk most of the day, clearly doesn't like the children or the staff. Why can't firing these folks easier.

Advice to Management

Stay the course for the children but some sometimes you just have to let folks go they can be a cancer.

"Thanks for all you do!!"

Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ
    Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent organization. Never gives up on children. This organization is one that is there to help the needest children.

Cons

All staff are not always in it for the children.

Advice to Management

Higher staff based on their mission to help children not because of certification. Assistants some times care more than teachers. Not managements fault just sad. Love the organization nor crazy about my old principal. Glad she is gone.