The Menta Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Love the organization and exciting opportunities are ahead.

Cons

No cons at this time. The organization has a great team in place so things will continue to grow.

2. "Encouraging"

Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Staff in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, team environment. They appreciate new ideas and look to each individual's strengths and expertise. They welcome fresh ideas in curriculum, therapeutic learning, and problem-solving. There's always room for personal growth and they foster an environment for that.

Cons

(If it even is a "con) You must be a self-starter, quick-thinking, and creative. You go into uncharted territory sometimes in crisis situations with this population of kids. You have to be self-assured and confidence. You cannot wait around for your supervisor to tell you what to do. You have to be willing to reach out and effectively articulate your needs. This isn't a place for wallflowers.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for clear, concise internal communication.

3. "Pragmatic learning"

Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructional Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very accommodating, flexible. And offers great benefites to ALL employees.

Cons

Requires a great level of patients, and understanding. Without the right coping skills work can potentially be stressful.

Advice to Management

need to have a system in place to where we can communicate with other branches in order to share and learn from each-others experiences.

5. "Great place to work with excellent support"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Working at The Menta Group has taken a burnt out teacher from public education and reignited the flame that I had in my early 20's. The Menta group cares about every student and they care about their employeees. I feel supported in all of my endeavors and taking my position with them was the best move I have made in my career!

Cons

I have not come across many cons. I feel challenged, but I do not see that as a con, I see at as my opportunity to bloom.

"Great Company Cares About Kids-Outstanding Staff"

Current Employee - Teacher in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission of this company and the work the staff do is to be commended!!

Don't be mislead by negative reviews. I never understood why if you don't like where you work you stay particularly for folks with a masters level education. You can find another job why stay. Maybe they stay because they are not very good. Well it is those people who hurt the outcomes for children.I love the work and the people I worked with.

The company is a true not for profit. No stockholders only people who have devoted their lives to helping children. I applaud the veteran staff at the Menta Group they do an excellent job with limited funding from the state. They devote each and every day to the children.

For those of you who sit behind a desk and clearly do not like the children move on. You do harm every day you stay but leave with grace and style, don't harm the staff who work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of children. Have a little class and honor!! Stop taking money from the children!!

Cons

The company needs to work on holding people accountable. There are staff who sit around, don't like the kids, don't want to work. Our principal sat behind her desk most of the day, clearly doesn't like the children or the staff. Why can't firing these folks easier.

Advice to Management

Stay the course for the children but some sometimes you just have to let folks go they can be a cancer.

"Thanks for all you do!!"

Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ
    Current Employee - Para Professional in Tolleson, AZ

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent organization. Never gives up on children. This organization is one that is there to help the needest children.

Cons

All staff are not always in it for the children.

Advice to Management

Higher staff based on their mission to help children not because of certification. Assistants some times care more than teachers. Not managements fault just sad. Love the organization nor crazy about my old principal. Glad she is gone.

"Good to get experience"

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Joliet, IL

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Working with LD/BD kids
    -Hands on approach
    -Admin laid back

Cons

-Admin too laid back, usually delegates tasks to people who are underqualified in order to just brush off tasks which leads to "too many cheifs and not enough indians environment"
    -pay is half of what other teachers and paraprofessionals get in other schools.
    -No staff appreciation or recognition no matter what the tasks completed
    -expectations and workload is high but pay and morale is low

Advice to Management

Recognize and advance employees who actually do the work.

9. "MCS West"

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time

Pros

Supportive leadership staff and coworkers, diverse atmosphere, competitive salary, and room for growth within the company.

Cons

New staff, and not enough training.

Advice to Management

Add more thorough training for MSIS and Synergy, as well as explanation of benefits and PTO.

"Kid First Company"

I have been working at The Menta Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is always thinking of the kid first and ensuring that they individualize to every student. They are on the cutting edge of educational strategies and always looking to implement research based best practices, they are not just "checking boxes" in order to be compliant. They have constant PD for all staff and are always willing to jump in and assist, from the top down. Their pay scale is competitive with district pay, which is not always seen in private schools. They are the epitome of what non-profit agencies are designed for.

Coming from a public background there are many things that I have enjoyed being employed with Menta. I like how the beuracracy is non existent in comparison. I have really enjoyed how the administration problem solves as a team and changes can be implemented without having to jump through hoops. My favorite thing of all, it is not about money, it is about the students and what the student needs.

Having a SPED degree offers many opportunities for me, as we know there are more openings then qualified teachers, and I have no intention of leaving this organization.

Although we do not get a "lunch" per se, we are with students the same amount of time as the public schools. Our planning periods are before and after school, which I have also enjoyed because it allows for collaboration amongst all staff.

Overall the environment of the organization and my building is fantastic! Nothing in education is perfect but Menta is doing what is best for kids all the time.

Cons

A small amount of my colleagues.....

They are good with our kids but terrible with other adults, which I can understand why the organization holds onto them, but they drive me crazy!!!

Advice to Management

Keep putting kids first, this is why I got into education and it is nice to see an organization that believes in that from the top down.

"Worse Than You Can Imagine"

Pros

Pros are few and far between. Working with the students, I suppose, to an extent.

Cons

You know those ultra-conservative folks who think everything, even education, should be privatized? Well, this private, corrupt company is a perfect example of why regulation of schools is critical.

Working here is worse than you can even imagine in every way imaginable.

Advice to Management

They won't take advice anyway, so why bother? I will give advice to other readers though...don't be mislead by these suspicious, glowing positive reviews.